Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Large Venues Vs. Small Venues

deepspell

so i been exploring the lower east side lately, talking to venue owners looking to set up a new gig somewhere for the coming months after a 2 month hiatus.....is it me or has the day of the large venue gone by??? the days of 3000 people warehouses is done.......nuttin but awesome small little places with good crisp sound systems and lots of beautiful people.....im really liking this....

whats your opinion? do you like the smaller places or do you like the HUGEEEEEEE spots with the banging 1mil $ sound systems....

crobar and avalon and places like that are nice every once in a while but im REALLLY loving these small places....you can appreciate the music more and actually have a conversation with a lady friend over the music and not loose your voice and or hearing the next day !

so i been exploring the lower east side lately, talking to venue owners looking to set up a new gig somewhere for the coming months after a 2 month hiatus.....is it me or has the day of the large venue gone by??? the days of 3000 people warehouses is done.......nuttin but awesome small little places with good crisp sound systems and lots of beautiful people.....im really liking this....

whats your opinion? do you like the smaller places or do you like the HUGEEEEEEE spots with the banging 1mil $ sound systems....

crobar and avalon and places like that are nice every once in a while but im REALLLY loving these small places....you can appreciate the music more and actually have a conversation with a lady friend over the music and not loose your voice and or hearing the next day !

Honestly I can do either one....

My real preference is the mid sized clubs. The ones that held 800 - 1000. Centro-Fly & Arc were the perfect size imo... Small enough to get that intimate feel, yet big enough to give you a true club feeling...

centro was fucking awesome man.........i LOVED that place :heart:

cielo i think is ABSOLUTELY perfect......holds like 300 peeps......PERFECT system...good lighting....good drinks....

ahhhh what a dream it would be to spin there <sigh>

EXPENSIVE drinks..which is true for any venue in nyc i guess..*shrugs*

werd

I used to be all about the big parties...

after running Centro Thursday, Spirit for a while til it went Cheese, and all my other projects...I am done with the big clubs.

Ill still go from time to time, but it has pretty much lost its luster to me, the only reason I will go is to hear some of my favorite djs and the music.

Maybe im gettin older? I dunno...as far as throwing parties goes I have done the big spots and had a fuckin blast, but now I am much happier at the smaller, intimate spots. You dont have to be with 2000 other people, crowded, sweaty...

u can be with 300 or so others, hear incredible music, interact with the dj, sit down if need be, come and go etc...

much more my style now...

thats why im so excited about Cellar Bar...its small(about 200-250 ppl tops), absolutely ridiculously gorgeous, free, we got a brand new insane custom built dj booth, more sound, the hottest wait staff I have ever seen(all the bartenders and waitresses look like they stepped out of Playboy), and so much more...

place might be a little on the expensive side(pricey, BUT HUGE drinks) but its worth it...when you are in there you feel like it is something special.

and the djs we are booking...oh boy.

LES, Carl Kennedy, John Creamer and Stephane K, Serge Devant, Roland(Space Miami Terrace resident), Lottie, Mutiny, Astro&Glyde and a major dj from Spain comin soon ;)

plus many more...

guess u can see im excited about this new project ;)

well u got my answer to your question....lol

werd

I used to be all about the big parties...

after running Centro Thursday, Spirit for a while til it went Cheese, and all my other projects...I am done with the big clubs.

Ill still go from time to time, but it has pretty much lost its luster to me, the only reason I will go is to hear some of my favorite djs and the music.

Maybe im gettin older? I dunno...as far as throwing parties goes I have done the big spots and had a fuckin blast, but now I am much happier at the smaller, intimate spots. You dont have to be with 2000 other people, crowded, sweaty...

u can be with 300 or so others, hear incredible music, interact with the dj, sit down if need be, come and go etc...

much more my style now...

thats why im so excited about Cellar Bar...its small(about 200-250 ppl tops), absolutely ridiculously gorgeous, free, we got a brand new insane custom built dj booth, more sound, the hottest wait staff I have ever seen(all the bartenders and waitresses look like they stepped out of Playboy), and so much more...

place might be a little on the expensive side(pricey, BUT HUGE drinks) but its worth it...when you are in there you feel like it is something special.

and the djs we are booking...oh boy.

LES, Carl Kennedy, John Creamer and Stephane K, Serge Devant, Roland(Space Miami Terrace resident), Lottie, Mutiny, Astro&Glyde and a major dj from Spain comin soon ;)

plus many more...

guess u can see im excited about this new project ;)

well u got my answer to your question....lol

yur parties have always been about the beats...thats what makes them so good and thats what is should be about