Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone else going to PVD tonight??

howieredondo

ok Weyes, here ya go:

PVD @ the Mayan- Awesome time!!!

Got to the Mayan at about 11:00 and was able to park right next door to the theatre ($10). Held a little pre show tailgate bar action while accumulating the group and waiting for a friend to meet up with the people he sold his extra tix to. Even with the occasional homeless guy cruising up, the tailgate proved to be a good idea after getting inside and paying $$ for drinks (although they did load them up pretty damn strong- thanks Dana!!). I don't know what it is about the Mayan, but someone has their act together as far getting you in to the place. Walked in at about 12:00 after spending about 30 seconds in line to a sold out show. Compare this to the clusterf?ck at Teisto or even some regular weeklies, I just don't get it.

After being back to the Mayan, I like this place. Cool staircases out of the foyer going up to a middle level with big chairs and a bar. The back bar and side bar areas elevated a little above the dance floor. Outside smoking areas on both sides (although not very glamorous). And the huge upstairs balcony overlooking everything with the stepped seating area. It always cracks me up to see some of the people that end up up there!

Bohnam was spinning when we got in. Hitting it pretty good getting the people moving. We were out in the lobby hanging out and he drew us and alot of others inside. PVD started up at about 1:00 to a cheering crowd. He played a banging set, more tech then melodic that everyone seemed to get into. He went all the way until 4:00 with some great tracks. Good fun crowd with a good mix of EDM fans and some of the more Hollywood types, all having a good time. Even PVD seemed more loose and having fun up in the booth then the last time he was here. I thought the set ended a little off, and they didn't let him do an encore :mad: , but all in all had a good night.

Then it was off to the Pantry for a little breakfast, and home in time to see the sun come up!! Thank god for vacation days!!