Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House Music Breakthrough On KTU....

On my way home friday night from djing I tuned into KTU around 2am to listen to David Morales do his set...I was very happy and impressed that he was playing soulful tracks...The soulful house music has (in my opinion) been overlooked and overshadowed by other styles of music...I was happy to hear him represent what I do and what I try to bring to places like Deko Lounge, The Mix and similar venues here in jersey...I'm hoping this is a breakthrough and allows more people to listen and appreciate the soulful side of house music...

Just wanted to express that from the heart...If you get the chance, check out Davis Morales I believe from 2am-3am friday nights...Also KTU announced a great party at the Copacabana w/dj's "JellyBean" Benitez and Louie Vega...2 names I never thought I would here on KTU...

B~Blessed

On my way home friday night from djing I tuned into KTU around 2am to listen to David Morales do his set...I was very happy and impressed that he was playing soulful tracks...The soulful house music has (in my opinion) been overlooked and overshadowed by other styles of music...I was happy to hear him represent what I do and what I try to bring to places like Deko Lounge, The Mix and similar venues here in jersey...I'm hoping this is a breakthrough and allows more people to listen and appreciate the soulful side of house music...

Just wanted to express that from the heart...If you get the chance, check out Davis Morales I believe from 2am-3am friday nights...Also KTU announced a great party at the Copacabana w/dj's "JellyBean" Benitez and Louie Vega...2 names I never thought I would here on KTU...

B~Blessed

O YEAH MORALES WAS OFF THE HOOK GREAT SET

B~Blessed

i caught the last couple of minutes of it but he is always good. i saw david morales tuesday night at crobar and he played a great set but he did towards the end start playing harder. and on wed i was at the jellybean party and saw benitez spin. that was a lot of fun to, but not to many people were there. the only way you are going to here good soulful house music is to head up to the city. ive been doing the last couple of weeks and im loving it.

B~Blessed

Esteban,

Morales has been on KTU for years now. If you are interested, a # of his sets are available in "Realaudio" format online @ www.undergroundnyc.com. Keep up the promotion of soulful house. Peace

Carusomaas

i'm glad everyone is keeping this positive...i knew that david was on for a while but i never paid it any mind till recently...it's a tough market to support since it's not so commercial...i'll keep trying though...a friend just re-opened a record store in a new location...it's called downtown music in montclair...if your looking for good soulful music check him out...he's off of bloomfield ave. on orange rd...

b~blessed

B~Blessed

KTU SUCKS. THEY HAVE THE WORST MUSIC. WHO LISTENS TO THAT SHIT AT 2AM ON A SATURDAY. THEY NEED TO PLAY THAT ALL THE TIME

THEY SHOULD LOOK AT PARTY 93 FROM MIAMI AND FOLLOW THEM

esteban, i know we have discussed this many times. i don't think the jersey crowd can embrace the true essence of soulful house music. they are so used to the driving beats of techno and progressive. though i do have to say that if ktu does start playing soulful house on prime airtime, soulful music will be tainted. just look at all the great songs that have had the life sucked out of them because ktu kills them.. though bringing it to local venues will give people a change, and over time.. a following will grow.!!

ESTEBAN!!!CAN't WAIT FOR THE 4th of NOVEMBER.. sick night of house music at deko!! whatever might come of it.. still all of u .. esteban, lalla, and souldelux.. NUTS!!!

we do what we can...just by putting it out on a message board is to me a step in the right direction...no matter how much "negative " feedback and comments soulful house music gets, at it's minimum, it should be appreciated and exposed to those who don't know...this thursday at muralhas should be a good testimony...not a packed house but none-the-less a good time w/great music...

shawn nyc...i'm not saying that i listen to ktu...the point is that i so happened to tune in and realized that david morales was actually (to me) playing some stuff that a regular ktu listener would see as very different...in europe soulful house music is pretty mainstream...not here...to here morales play soulful tracks was a pleasant surprise and a breath of fresh air for me...i didn't start this thread to hate on ktu or it's audience...it is what it is...

spread the love and spread the word...

KTU SUCKS. THEY HAVE THE WORST MUSIC. WHO LISTENS TO THAT SHIT AT 2AM ON A SATURDAY. THEY NEED TO PLAY THAT ALL THE TIME

THEY SHOULD LOOK AT PARTY 93 FROM MIAMI AND FOLLOW THEM

thats the hard thing. they wont play that music at prime time cause nobody backs house music anymore. all those kats just want to play hip hop and bullshit hard traxx. if anything, the only way ktu and other stations will play good house music is house heads like us speak up. other wise, enjoy hip hop and dumb ass remixs

Thanks For The Input...we Really Need To Be The Voice In All This And Support One Another...there Are Many Many Dj's/producers That Came Out Of Jersey And Are Till This Day Setting Up Shop In Jersey...it's Tough...that's Why Soulful Music Will Always Remain Underground To Me...

I have said this a thousand times. I thought that I was the only one that felt this way, but I am finding out that there are more and more people feel the same. I have been spinning for over 15 years and I have seen things come and go. There was a time that you could hear great soulful house music on all the major NY radio stations during primetime. There was John Robinson every day on the mid day mix, and fridays during the drive home. That was when you could hear good house music on the radio and everybody wanted to hear it. Now that is all over, the radio stations and mass media would rather promote Hip Hop and Bullshit then real good house music. I spin mostly funky harder style house, but I grew up with soulful house and I love it. It makes you feel good, and more people should be exposed to it. I might be old but I remember a time that you never heard top 40 on KTU. They played alot of freestyle and shit, but they also played great house bangers in the middle of the day.(Nothing against freestyle and all that, just not my thing)

You guys keep the Real House Flag Flying and we will prevail......

It's All About HOUSE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madness

thanks madness for your input...the best thing we can do is to continue to support one another and spin the music that we believe in and love...there's a message in our music and it needs to be heard...let me know if your spinning anywhere and i will come support...this thursday i'm doing a spot in ironbound newark called muralhas w/my friend mario marques...it's a chill spot with room to dance and relax...no cover...in the cellar...spread the word...b~blessed

muralhas underground...corner of wilson ave and patterson ironbound newark...

we need the support of all kinds of people with all kinds of different taste in music...i play percussion mostly with dj's that play tribal and commercial house...i respect what you guys do...i personally like to spin more of the soulful stuff...i just wanted to express that it was nice to hear on KTU, David Morales spinning and exposing soulful tracks...a lot of the club owners here in jersey (and other areas) feel (in my perspective) that soulful house can't be played on the main floor during peak hours...some of them haven't been to parties like body and soul or roots on wednesdays with louie vega and kevin hedge etc, etc...i just hope they keep it up and continue to expose this type of music to more and more people...

if you get the chance listen to David Morales on your way home or on your way out on KTU around 2am...hopefully he'll play some soulful tracks like he did last week...

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

he always plays jams every week. i love it cant wait to listen to it tonight on the way home tonight

"The Beat of New York" doesn't represent true dance or house in any way. It's a small helping of what's out there, magnified to millions. There's nothing wrong with it; it's just not an accurate representation of what goes on in ny OR nj at ALL.

The best thing people can do is free their mind and respect that there is a LOT of 'local' talent. The best thing a DJ can do is try to bring it to them.

your right Tony we gotta keep on doing our thing...but for me in jersey and in the places i spin in jersey, soulful house is the minority...knowing that so many people from jersey do listen to KTU, it's nice to hear someone like David Morales representing what dj's like myself love to play...i'm hoping that this will help free some peoples minds so that when i do bring it to them, they can appreciate it and be a little more educated about it (familiar)...b~blessed and thanks for the feeback

VERY TRUE WORDS INDEED!!! DJT Keepin it real!!!!

LOL! thank you. I always do, sometimes TOO real, because people don't necessarily like to say things the way they are.

Regardless, Esteban, you do a great job at what you do! When you dropped the opening set at Adega for me last time, I loved it! You did a great job at starting soulful and deep, working up to happy upbeat international beats. It was a perfect lead in for me. I'd love to have you back next month; let me know if you're available 11/4 or 11/18. ;o)

Newark's scene has really come along. How's 118? And Flight (Elizabeth)?

matt you need to come out to deko on 11/4.. its gonna be a sick night of house..the guest dj's don't play around with house!!!! they breathe it!!! its gonna be so sick..i can't wait for it!!! i get a taste of it in newark once a month.. esteban great set on thurs.. awesome cd too..