Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Meat Packing District

esined

Do any of you go out in the meat packing district? Are the places there any good? What are the best clubs/lounges?

Went to Trust last week, it was ok. This is the place thats supposed to have NYC's first AWOL (alcohol without liquor) machine that vaporizes alcohol. Id didn't see it though when I was there. Had to take a cargo elevator to go upstairs, theres a downstairs too. Very ethnic crowd, nice decor, expensive drinks, music was pretty blah...hip hop for suburbanites. Meat Packing is definitely hot, theres tons of young people. Havent found any clubs yet though...

I HATE THE MEAT PACKING DISTRICT. Everythig thats wrong with the world is in that neigborhood. The best in that area was FILTER 14(R.I.P.) but now it us CIELO. Cause while cielo crowd is usually full of people from that area they attract the best talent when it comes to HOUSE MUSIC and that does bring out some hardcore music heads. APT is a close second and RARE on certain nights as well. Most of the other clubs there cater to BOTTLES n MODELS, PRANCERS NON DANCERS, basically overly dress peeps who think their special and dont know how to dance and could care less what place their at as long as its the "NEW HOT SPOT" at the moment.

If you like it dark and dirty try rare crackhead.

:half:

i actually use to go alot to that spot back in 99 when it was called the cooler and next door Baktun where they had Sat DirectDrive & Mon tronic treatment

i went 9/11 this year and it still looks the same and the same people were doin the party- Direct Drive

cielo i guess can be good considering whos spinnin...but that dancefloor is too small.

basically overly dress peeps who think their special and dont know how to dance and could care less what place their at as long as its the "NEW HOT SPOT" at the moment.

true...

i've been to trust... it was halfway decent at best... nice little space but me and a few of my friends were practically the only white people there...

there's a lot of good bars around that area though if you just want to go out and grab a few drinks with friends..