Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone see this surfing video on tv...???

oldtimer

i was watching tv about a month ago and i saw some surfing video where these dudes traveled 100 miles out to sea off the coast of san diego to catch these fucking crazy ass waves... it was a documentary on cable... not sure if it was hbo or regular cable bc i was watching on my bootlegged cable box... but anyway they went to this spot about 100 miles out to sea where the waves are normally 50-60 feet tall... then it showed a bunch of guys eating lunch and their friend caught the biggest wave ever recorded on video.. it was 66 or 68 feet tall... im just wondering if anyone has any info on this show.. like what it's called, what channel it was on, when it will be on again or where i can buy it...

thanks...

I saw that! I don't know a thing about surfing but that show was awesome. I think there was an article about it in the Daily News or The Post awhile ago...maybe if you look on their sites you could find out about it. BTW, Oldtimer it was cool meeting you at Crobar for Sasha & PVD...I know it was like, a month ago now so you probably don't remember, but I was the chick with the pink halter top and white pants :)

I don't know if I've ever seen that one, but this video contains footage of some guy riding what was supposedly an early Hurricane Ivan wave. The footage was shot pretty far off the coast, so at first, it's hard to tell how big the wave is. The wave turns out to be pretty big:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hurricaneivan.html

That is not from Ivan, it is from a contest

I don't know if I've ever seen that one, but this video contains footage of some guy riding what was supposedly an early Hurricane Ivan wave. The footage was shot pretty far off the coast, so at first, it's hard to tell how big the wave is. The wave turns out to be pretty big:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/hurricaneivan.html

bro... that's sick... that wave is like mavericks waves.. maybe a little bigger... if you have any other big wave surfing videos please share...

I saw that! I don't know a thing about surfing but that show was awesome. I think there was an article about it in the Daily News or The Post awhile ago...maybe if you look on their sites you could find out about it. BTW, Oldtimer it was cool meeting you at Crobar for Sasha & PVD...I know it was like, a month ago now so you probably don't remember, but I was the chick with the pink halter top and white pants :)

did i meet you on line?? with rachael??

here's some more video's i found... the tow-in section is great... there's also a video of some dude getting attacked by sharks while surfing.. he's surfing and the shark jumps out of the water and takes him under... crazy shit!!!

http://www.surfermag.com/av/

did i meet you on line?? with rachael??

here's some more video's i found... the tow-in section is great... there's also a video of some dude getting attacked by sharks while surfing.. he's surfing and the shark jumps out of the water and takes him under... crazy shit!!!

http://www.surfermag.com/av/

Yeah I was in line with Rachel...I just met her that night too, but you both seemed cool :)

i just bought a billabong video today called billabong search for the biggest wave and that clip was the first wave of the dvd.. lol.. which was produced in early-mid 2004.. but it was still a crazy wave regardless... kaydup was right and it's from a contest at jaws on the northshore of maui.. it was the biggest wave of 2003 (november)..

i think the movie i was talking about might be endless summer II... anyone have it???

i just bought a billabong video today called billabong search for the biggest wave and that clip was the first wave of the dvd.. lol.. which was produced in early-mid 2004.. but it was still a crazy wave regardless... kaydup was right and it's from a contest at jaws on the northshore of maui.. it was the biggest wave of 2003 (november)..

i think the movie i was talking about might be endless summer II... anyone have it???

ok im wrong... a very reliable source told me it's called "step into liquid" if you havent seen it you should check it out... it's pretty hot

Been surfing for over 12 yrs........and yes that Billabong video is fierce! These guys have been doing tow-ins for yrs...........well a few anyway. If you really dig this sh*t check out "Riding Giants".....it will blow your mind. Personally what blew my mind more was a small time local DVD called "North of Nowhere". It basically is footage of LI/NJ in some waves most people....(esp. around these parts) had no clue we get. At the same time surfers who most weren't aware were so talented as to completely destroy these things. It was Montauk, Jenks, Lido, LB, Manasquan and everywhere in between. The best part is the beginning when they show the massive blizzard of last winter with like 3 feet of snow and 2 local LB surfers CHARGING these waves in insane weather conditions. Well I'll shut up now.....being a surfer I can go on for hrs.:)