Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is anyone watching The Olympia This Year ????

chinelas

Jay is my current favorite I'd like to see him take it from ronnie but thats going to be a toughie

I really interested to see how Victor looks this yr

victor_martinez_noc_2003.jpg

Victor_Martinez_005.jpg

Martinez.jpg

I saw some pictures of Victor in a mag this month and it didn't look like he was anywhere near ready. I mean I know those pics are a couple months back, but I don't think he'd be anywhere near ready.

Needless to say, he's not qualified for the show anyway, LOL.

# Name Country How Qualified

1 Ronnie Coleman USA Mr. Olympia Winner

2 Jay Cutler USA 2003 Olympia

3 Dexter Jackson USA 2003 Olympia

4 Dennis James USA 2003 Olympia

5 Gunter Schlierkamp Germany 2003 Olympia

6 Kevin Levrone USA 2003 Olympia

7 Troy Alves USA 2003 Grand Prix Russia

8 Ernie Taylor England 2003 Grand Prix England

9 Mustafa Mohammad Jordan 2003 Grand Prix Holland

10 Lee Priest Australia 2004 Ironman Pro

11 Gustavo Badell Puerto Rico 2004 Ironman Pro

12 Chris Cormier USA 2004 Arnold Classic

13 Markus Ruhl Germany 2004 Arnold Classic

14 Kris Dim USA 2004 San Francisco Pro

15 Darrem Charles Trinidad 2004 Orlando Pro

16 Ahmad Haidar Lebanon 2004 Orlando Pro

17 Craig Richardson USA 2004 Orlando Pro

18 Melvin Anthony USA 2004 Night of Champions

19 Richard Jones USA 2004 Night of Champions

20 Pavol Jablonicky Czech 2004 Night of Champions

21 Jaroslav Horvath Slovakia 2004 Hungarian Pro

22 Johnnie Jackson USA 2004 Toronto Pro

From Flexonline:

"Ronnie Coleman will be onstage at 295--even bigger than last year. As of Friday, October 1, Jay Cutler weighs 284, and he's shredded."

These idiots just keep playing the size game year after year, it's getting ridiculous. Ronnie is stepping onstage at almost 10 pounds heavier than last year, and a good 30 lbs more than the year before. He's gonna look like a fucking elephant.

From Flexonline:

"Ronnie Coleman will be onstage at 295--even bigger than last year. As of Friday, October 1, Jay Cutler weighs 284, and he's shredded."

These idiots just keep playing the size game year after year, it's getting ridiculous. Ronnie is stepping onstage at almost 10 pounds heavier than last year, and a good 30 lbs more than the year before. He's gonna look like a fucking elephant.

damn they are huge!! would anyone say though that the asthetic appeal to bodybuilding is lost ?

The problem is that Ronnie is competing against himself and the only thing he can do to impress is to be just as lean and have more size.

I myself prefer the late 70s and early 80s look. And BB will never be mainstream unless the get away from the size game you mentioned.

Nautica

i agree and i think they should come up with two devisons for that

the big and asthtically pleasing and the mass monsters

damn they are huge!! would anyone say though that the asthetic appeal to bodybuilding is lost ?

Well, that's him last year at 287 lbs.

1432.jpg

Jay Cutler came in 2 years ago looking almost flawless at about 256 lbs. I mean it was the BEST I've ever seeen him and he was beat by a bloated Ronnie Coleman. So yes, I think asthetic appeal has gone out the window, at the Mr. O anyway.

I mean I went to the NOC back in May and saw Art Atwood on stage, fucking enormous, way bigger than anything else on stage, but he placed back in like 7th I think. There were no mass monsters on the top 5.

i don't know, i love working out and taking care of my body, but i would never go farther than the mens health type body. that would be more than enough for me. i find those pictures above really disturbing actually, he doesn't even look human, his whole body is deformed. why you would ever wanna look like that is beyond me.

He's got excellent tri development, almost rivalling the great Kevin Levrone's. Also an impressive lat spread. In my opinion though he looks like he's holding some water in those pics up there. He's going to have to dial it in hard to do any kind of damage at the Mr. O in 2 weeks or so.

i agree he deffinetly needs to step it up to get with the big boys at the show...his lat spread looks great coming in second to his tri def. with an honarable mention to his quads.

But his calves look alittle unporportioned (sp?)

i dont think he has the all around size to go up against ronnie and jay

• 3 weeks later...