Clubplanet Nightlife Community

10/5: The Prohormone ban is about to be signed into law by Bush

marconj

Many steroid precursors will soon become controlled substances. The prohormone criminalization legislation (S. 2195) has now been passed by both the Senate and the House. The bill has been sent to the President for his signature within 10 days. The effective date of the bill will begin to run 90 days from the date the President signs the bill into law. For those of you who are especially interested in an exact date, it would be reasonable to say that the bill could be expected to take effect on or around January 10th - 15th. I will continue to keep you up to date. Thanks.

Michael J. DiMaggio

USFA Executive Director

www.usfa.bi

I was just citing the source. I think the ban on prohormones is wrong. Its ok that the government allows major political contributers (major drug companies) to sell drugs like Vioxx even when the FDA knew about the side effects... but its NOT ok to sell drugs that supplement or enhance an athlete's performance? What gives? The Bush Administration is cracking down in too many areas. There are people dying all over the world and Senator Biden is worrying about athletes taking a performance advantage.

There are more commercials on TV for different kinds of drugs that address erectile disfunction, diabetes, depression, etc. but have you ever listened to the side effects that users of these drugs experience? The supplement industry could definately benefit from developmental guidelines, but banning prohormones is not going to do anything. No less the market for prohormones is so small when compared to the mainstream supplement industry.