Clubplanet Nightlife Community

First PVD Review

Well, Friday night was my first time hearing PVD live. I was a little skeptical because I don't like to hear trance when I'm out. To me, I *sometimes* like trance when I'm driving or relaxing at home. I'm much more of a vocal / hard house type person. The only other big European DJ's I've seen live were Sasha & Digweed and Oakenfold…both almost put me to sleep…way too monotonous for me.

So, Gene2K and I got to Twilo around 12:30. We waited on line for about 30 minutes (not too bad because we're used to longer sometimes). We got inside, found our friends, and were all situated by 1:30. Got to hear the opening DJ for a little. Not bad, a little too trancy for my taste, but a good opener to get everyone going.

Twilo started to fill up quickly, so we found ourselves a corner and took it over. We were hanging out in the corner to the right of the stage (if you're facing the stage), by the front bar.

All I have to say is PVD is unbelievable. I kept saying all night "This isn't trance"…to me, it was some serious hard house. I danced (as much as I could, considering the limited room) from the time he came on till time we left (6:30). I was VERY impressed! Mind you, I was completely sober (with the exception of 2 Red Bulls / Vodka).

Now, I read some reviews from Friday night and a lot of people said it wasn't good. That shocked me. Maybe it's because I'm used to places like Sound Factory, when on "event nights", you have 400 pound juiceheads with back stubble brushing against you for hours, but I didn't mind the crowdedness at all. The bathroom lines moved pretty quickly, it was easy to move through the crowd, and I thought everyone was pretty nice. Again, maybe it's because I'm used to being in places filled with attitudes and steroids, but I had an awesome time Friday night. I can't wait till PVD comes back again!!! Sorry we didn't get to meet up with anyone…kinda lost track of time. Nice to meet Twilightbee and Mysteriousss. Rachel, good to see you again! Lola, I wish you could've come...next time! Gene, Smokee, Rally (for 30 minutes), Tory, Melissa…had a great time w/ you guys! Gene2K, thanks for an awesome night and thanks for liking trance (lol) because I probably wouldn't have heard him live if not for you, hee-hee! 143!!! See you all at PVD next time!

smile.gif Ally

Originally posted by Ally:

Well, Friday night was my first time hearing PVD live. I was a little skeptical because I don't like to hear trance when I'm out. To me, I *sometimes* like trance when I'm driving or relaxing at home. I'm much more of a vocal / hard house type person. The only other big European DJ's I've seen live were Sasha & Digweed and Oakenfold…both almost put me to sleep…way too monotonous for me.

So, Gene2K and I got to Twilo around 12:30. We waited on line for about 30 minutes (not too bad because we're used to longer sometimes). We got inside, found our friends, and were all situated by 1:30. Got to hear the opening DJ for a little. Not bad, a little too trancy for my taste, but a good opener to get everyone going.

Twilo started to fill up quickly, so we found ourselves a corner and took it over. We were hanging out in the corner to the right of the stage (if you're facing the stage), by the front bar.

All I have to say is PVD is unbelievable. I kept saying all night "This isn't trance"…to me, it was some serious hard house. I danced (as much as I could, considering the limited room) from the time he came on till time we left (6:30). I was VERY impressed! Mind you, I was completely sober (with the exception of 2 Red Bulls / Vodka).

Now, I read some reviews from Friday night and a lot of people said it wasn't good. That shocked me. Maybe it's because I'm used to places like Sound Factory, when on "event nights", you have 400 pound juiceheads with back stubble brushing against you for hours, but I didn't mind the crowdedness at all. The bathroom lines moved pretty quickly, it was easy to move through the crowd, and I thought everyone was pretty nice. Again, maybe it's because I'm used to being in places filled with attitudes and steroids, but I had an awesome time Friday night. I can't wait till PVD comes back again!!! Sorry we didn't get to meet up with anyone…kinda lost track of time. Nice to meet Twilightbee and Mysteriousss. Rachel, good to see you again! Lola, I wish you could've come...next time! Gene, Smokee, Rally (for 30 minutes), Tory, Melissa…had a great time w/ you guys! Gene2K, thanks for an awesome night and thanks for liking trance (lol) because I probably wouldn't have heard him live if not for you, hee-hee! 143!!! See you all at PVD next time!

smile.gif Ally

wow..Ally...I wish I was there frown.gif .....next time I don't care even if I have to be there w/ fever (hope not..lol) I'll be there dancing right next to you hun smile.gif ....so glad that you liked it.........hope to see you very soon....take care and have a great weekend smile.gif ...<<huggs>>....Lola smile.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Hey, glad you liked PvD! Thats only the third time I've seen him live (once at Twilo, and once in Ibiza), and the music was harder than the last time he played there.

I posted this on Deeper too, but if you like hard house/hard trance you'll love X-Dream, Micro, Keoki, Bad Boy Bill (whom I'm seeing tonite).

BTW, was that your first Twilo night? It was pretty crowded but I escaped that by chillin in the Y2K lounge till 6am. Also, you might want to check out Twilo on less crowded nights...much better vibe and more room to dance.

------------------

Raving is a state of mind.

It has nothing to do with what you wear, how old you are or how you look.

Its all about the vibe!

For me PVD was incredible. Even if I like more trancy stuff the music he did was great! I had so much fun in Twilo, I was completely sober and enjoyed myself very well. I was dancing with no pause for about 3 hours! I think crowd was OK and it wasn't that packed like last time he was there. I can't wait to see him again!!!

BTW did I meet you Ally? I was hanging out with Rachel and Mysteriousss for the whole night... Sorry if I dont' remember there was so many new ppl! I was that girl with long blond hair, black skirt and white top...

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by amalkav:

For me PVD was incredible. Even if I like more trancy stuff the music he did was great! I had so much fun in Twilo, I was completely sober and enjoyed myself very well. I was dancing with no pause for about 3 hours! I think crowd was OK and it wasn't that packed like last time he was there. I can't wait to see him again!!!

BTW did I meet you Ally? I was hanging out with Rachel and Mysteriousss for the whole night... Sorry if I dont' remember there was so many new ppl! I was that girl with long blond hair, black skirt and white top...

Amalka, you were upstairs with Mike in the begining of the night, but when I went to find Gene and Ally to intoduce you to them they weren't there... next time! Ally and Gene are the best couple! :-)

Hey Ally...great chillin with u & Gene as per usual (not like we don't do it every weekend or anything...lol)!!

I really enjoyed PVD's set!! Dope banging beats all nite! Sound system in Twilo is incredible & the lights were great...but otherwise the crowd is horrendous and the place stunk like B/O! Walking from one side to the other...body surfing...isn't my idea of fun & no matter how crowded it gets in SF...I never feel like I'm getting pushed around trying to walk through the crowd!

The kids in that place seemed to be mangled messes! Now I know I know...take a look at some of the peeps in Factory at around 8am & it's pretty disgusting...but I dunno...it seemed different for some reason.

And can someone please tell me what's up with pacifiers??? WOW....what a joke...who the fuck walks around with a pacifier in their mouth?? Didn't that fad go out years ago?!?!?! *PUKE*

Ohhhhh another good note...there sure was a lot of energy in that place which was great! Everyone was into the music for the most part.

I would love to see PVD again but I dunno if I would go back to Twilo! I wish it was a 21+ party!!

SMOKEE

Guest ally

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Hey, glad you liked PvD! Thats only the third time I've seen him live (once at Twilo, and once in Ibiza), and the music was harder than the last time he played there.

I posted this on Deeper too, but if you like hard house/hard trance you'll love X-Dream, Micro, Keoki, Bad Boy Bill (whom I'm seeing tonite).

BTW, was that your first Twilo night? It was pretty crowded but I escaped that by chillin in the Y2K lounge till 6am. Also, you might want to check out Twilo on less crowded nights...much better vibe and more room to dance.

Hey! Nope, wasn't my first time at Twilo. I've seen S&D there (and a few others), a while ago. First time it was that crowded? Yup! But like I said, I didn't really mind. Question...in the lounge is different music, no? Keoki, ha-ha...my first cubbing days in Limelight. Aren't all those DJs you mentioned more into techno? PVD in Ibiza...now that's a good time (I could imagine!).

smile.gif Ally

Guest ally

Originally posted by rachel1997:

Amalka, you were upstairs with Mike in the begining of the night, but when I went to find Gene and Ally to intoduce you to them they weren't there... next time! Ally and Gene are the best couple! :-)

Aw, thanks Rachel! Amalkav...next time we'll meet up (we saw Rachel before PVD even came on). It said "first post" cause I typed my name in with a capital "A",(I can't even get my name right, lol!). I don't know about Oakenfold...I'm really not into him too much. We'll see though.

Lola, I'll e-mail you later okay! Next time, you are there! You'll love him! I guess I'm paying now because I went to Factory Saturday and now I'm sick too! Feel better!!!

smile.gif Ally

Originally posted by smokee:

And can someone please tell me what's up with pacifiers??? WOW....what a joke...who the fuck walks around with a pacifier in their mouth?? Didn't that fad go out years ago?!?!?! *PUKE*

SMOKEE

I agree! WTF?? I felt like pulling those out out of peoples mouth and throwing it on the floor! They would proberbly throw a temper tantrum like a little kid!

cwm2.gif

Ally, the music in the lounge is the same as downstairs but the sound system is pretty crappy (ESP. compared to downstairs). The only advantage is, its a 21+ crowd and there's lotsa space to move around. Maybe thats why I never noticed all these pacifier sucking kids walking around *shrug*. Yeah, thats kinda childish...if you're clenching your jaws, just chew gum or bear it out. Though, I should also say - to each their own - they weren't bothering me so I won't bash them.

I believe Micro is hard trance and hard house...check out his second CD, its called DJ Micro, Tech-Mix 200. Its really hard. Also, X-Dream is hard, almost psychadelic trance (well...maybe not too psychadelic).

Can't wait for the next S&D!!! (for all you progressive house headz).

------------------

Raving is a state of mind.

It has nothing to do with what you wear, how old you are or how you look.

Its all about the vibe!

Nice review! It was great meeting you Ally smile.gif Lola mentioned that you and Gene are the cutest couple ever and you absolutely are!!! PVD is awesome isn't he??? I have no idea what everyone was complaining about, I had a great time. But I'm one of those ppl that completely ignores everything but the music.. Unless ppl get right in my face which they didn't. Hope to see you guys soon! *hugz*

Zoya.

Originally posted by gene2k:

Baby,

Great review, first on Deeper & then here, from now on, you're our official reviewer. Glad you came with me & enjoyed yourself. I thought he was great also & can't wait till February.

hey Privet smile.gif ....how are you?

I am soooooooo pissed that I couldn't make it frown.gif .....next time I'm first one on line.......have a great weekend

Lola

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by risa06:

hey Privet smile.gif ....how are you?

I am soooooooo pissed that I couldn't make it frown.gif .....next time I'm first one on line.......have a great weekend

Lola

Privet !

Kak dela ?

I'm good, taking a little break these next few weeks. Until the 16th for Picotto.

I'm actually going to a bar & getting drunk for the first time in a loooong time. lol. Forgot what one of those looks like. Hope to see you soon.

Originally posted by Ally:

smile.gif Ally

Baby,

Great review, first on Deeper & then here, from now on, you're our official reviewer. Glad you came with me & enjoyed yourself. I thought he was great also & can't wait till February.