Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hard Techno?

Originally posted by j303j:

i used to luv the gabber and hardcore one of my close friends is a popular hardcore dj but its just not me anymore u really cant dance to it

hard hard hard hard extreme music is how a lot of peeps cross over into it, guarantee a lot of the peeps @ gabba parties used to be/are still into death metal, and all that kinda shit

cwm24.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i saw sven vath once at twilo and i was really fucked up that night. but i remember that it was really good and i think that it was hard techno. i do know that what he produces and what he spins are different, as he prefers to spin techno live. am i right about this? or are my memmories from that night a bit......altered?

------------------

twilo is my drug

Some gabber is hard to dance to, and some isn't. Some of it is too fast, and some of it is just fast enough to move to. It definetly gets you going and it is without a doubt, off the meter.

I never liked techno, I have always loved house ever since I was a kid. Alot of the shit that I have been hearing lately (housewise) isn't satisfying me and too much of it sounds the same for some reason. I've been turning toward alot of White label house tracks to keep me going, and even that is dissatisfying at times. I find myself listening to old shit now, preferentially. I developed a new found taste for techno though, perhaps because it's harder...but I doubt that's it, since harder doesn't necessarily mean better. I mean, as with house, some techno is hard to the point where it is stupid, and some gabber is dumb (like the slow, stomping zombie songs)...I don't favor that shit too much, but most of it is sick, and i love it.

I recently picked up the Song "Versus" from Tomcraft vs. Sunbeam on Kosmo records and there is a phat remix on the cd. Tomcraft is defintely a dj that keeps coming out with sick shit.

Overall (locally speaking) some of the house music being spun recently seems to suck (not all of it).

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

ok, i saw sven vath once at twilo and i was really fucked up that night. but i remember that it was really good and i think that it was hard techno. i do know that what he produces and what he spins are different, as he prefers to spin techno live. am i right about this? or are my memmories from that night a bit......altered?

Matty- No i think that you are correct. In a recent interview in the Twilo Mag, Vath is quoted as saying he's making a return to Techno. He used to spin techno, then went to hard trance, then progressive trance, and now he's returning back to straight up Techno, so yes, you are correct.

cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm35.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

www.Hardhaus.com

Originally posted by NANDO5:

frankie's the shit!! darrien kelly is also the man-mega hardcore!!!

cuz of the main motherfuckas! cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm44.gif

DARRIEN KELLY

EVERGREEN IN A FUCKING VACANT LOT IN THE MIDDLE OF BKLYN SUMMER OF 95

HE TORE IT UP ON A 2HR SET

THEN LENNY DEE CAME IN TO FINISH THE JOB WITH THIS SICK HARDCORE TRACK, TO THIS DAY I STILL CANNOT FIND IT. IT HAS THE THEME TO CHEERS IN THE BEGINING OF THE SONG.

(FUKING GETTING CHILLS DOWN MY SPINE JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT NIGHT)

TECHNO= STEVE STOLL (BORN IN NEW YORK WITH A DETROIT BRAIN)

AND YES FRANKIE BONES WILL ALWAYS BE A DEFINITION OF TECHNO TO NEW YORK (EVEN THOUGH HIM AND TOMMY DUGO USE TO SMOKE CRACK ON B91... hehe)

sorry about the caps

------------------

IMAG0014.GIF My music starts at 170 BPM not 140...

evergreen was one of my fav parties my friend has that track on a tape its phat as hell and damn b91 i got alot of bones sets on b91 on tape thats the shit to listen to

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth:

Rotterdam Terror Corps

ARE YOU PREPARED TO DIE FOR HARDCORE

one sick fucking song

you ever heard of Marc Acardipane aka ACA aka PCP aka Marsall Masters (Turn up your stereo **To this day you can catch Frankie Bones playing that track) straight from the netherland not to hard to be satanic

and Jesus God it's not that Happy shit

The man in my signiture always a garentee to produce sick tracks also

HARDCORE CHICAGO YOU PUSSY MUTHERFUCKERS!

------------------

proubably since the end of storm

I only caught a couple of them

my boys were always going out to these things with a DJ that went to my high school, he also spun at a couple of the storm parties

so at the prime age of 16, 1992 I checked one out at the Thunderground in staten island

everything was tottaly unexpected

lol

i was actually expecting to hear hip hop

took a tab of sunshine

after that everything went down hill

------------------

what dj did u knwo that played at storm i went to one of them in the trainyard then after that just went to all the parties thunderground was phat as hell but i miss the old outlaw parties the ones at plum beach or kent ave

------------------

**Peter Bailey

I wasn't at the train Yard

but I know thats when the shit hit the fan and I wanted to attend one these thing

mad heads in school were talking about it the next day

I heard that was the biggest one

did you got to the one in the horse stable on staten island?

------------------

[This message has been edited by gonzojournilist (edited 11-15-2000).]

i never made it to the horse stable buster custer is mad funny bones is all dusted out and trying to rap i asked him about it once and he got all pissed off me and my friends crack up everytime we hear it

------------------

hahah that tape is so funny i have it also about driving down the belt chillin under tge boardwalk at coney island thats why i stopped buying his tapes he preached for liek 20 min on ut and then when he played at parties he started to preach also he did way to many drigs for his own good

------------------

lol

it's histericle how he preaches b4 sets

and always insists on introducing himself

He does have a real unique style of techno though

it's not techno nor house

just a sick combination of the two

Adam on the other hand plays friggen mental games on your brain with his music...

------------------

ALL THE WAY FROM THE BROOKLYN UNDERGROUND ALWAYS ORIGINATE NEVER PIRATE ITS THE SOUNDS OF DJ FRANKIE BONESSSSSSSS!!!!!

HAHAH WHAT A NUT JOB

adam is my fav dj nothign bettter then him coming on at liek 7 in the morn to like a hundred people and he plays the sick dark mental acid best set i ever jeard him spin was at a party on review street i think it was called C.A.N. bones also spun a phat set and old skool deliverance set

------------------

yup i was at mercury i rememebr hearing that song for the first time do u remember a dj called dan dc now he spun some out of control shit and did u make it to april foolz

------------------

yeah

also thought dan dc was the shit

nah I had to werk the next day after april fools so i didn't go

still to this day i regret it

proubably the sickest all hardcore party to go down

I went to garenteed overdoses new years party in philly though (I could write a book on the crazy shit that went down there)

were you at

TWR's

don't stop now

in the ambulance garage

where dj fly came down from germany just to be booed while spinning?

------------------