Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BED NY is COMING.....afterall

i saw seb fontaine there........and i must say....the sound was REALLLLLLY loud....like it actually hurt for a time.... :half:

other than that i didnt really notice any change in the attitude of the staff between me and someone getting a bottle....

but hey....maybe i went on a good nite :funny:

never got a bottle at crobar but every time i've been there i never had a problem. in fact they def have the most courteous door people and empoyees that i've seen in any club in the city. again never had to deal with them as far as bottles are concerned so i don't know if they're dicks about that, but everything else is pretty tight in there.

btw isn't mansion in miami a gay club? i passed by there one time and it was a bunch of gay guys waiting on line.

Just what the city needs another wannabe "Bottles and Models" club that is just going to fill up with Joeys and Salvatores from Jersey and Long Island.

This is really starting to suck.

haha...couldnt have said it better myself...matter of fact if u didnt say i was going to...i cant stand that shit man...as for what someone else said, i think crobar rocks...got off to a horrible start but now that they bring in big named DJs its been rockin...superhot chicks and awesome music and a vibe thats been getting better

as usual, i feel the love on this board... the support for our nightlife is amazing! maybe if no new clubs, bars or restaurants opened up that would be great! then 50% of the nyc venues would be empty because no one from jersey or long island would come out... excellent idea... i would love to go to the same venue every week for 52 weeks...

hmm... do haters hate because they hate being not able to get into places because something is too expensive? or do they hate because the opening of these businesses is bad for nightlife business? damn, if something is too expensive, get a better job and do something about your funds...it's not the clubs fault you can't afford to go out and spend money... it is "money making manhattan" isn't it?

why is everyone so critical about everyone else business? shit, i mean hip-hop blew up because everyone got behind everyone and pushed NEW artists, venues, djs, etc... then once people seen others making money, the haters rolled on in and tried to bring there own culture down...our dance community just tries to bring new people and businesses down instead of checking it out and having a good time...do we really wanna to see everyone go broke? would it make everyone feel better if no one "made it"?

i know what im about to say may be ridiculed, but it's not always about the DJ, sometimes it's just about having a good time with your friends... and if you NEED a DJ to do that, maybe the personal lives of you and your friends are not so interesting if you can't grab a bottle and sit down to bull shit for a bit...

as usual, i feel the love on this board... the support for our nightlife is amazing! maybe if no new clubs, bars or restaurants opened up that would be great! then 50% of the nyc venues would be empty because no one from jersey or long island would come out... excellent idea... i would love to go to the same venue every week for 52 weeks...

hmm... do haters hate because they hate being not able to get into places because something is too expensive? or do they hate because the opening of these businesses is bad for nightlife business? damn, if something is too expensive, get a better job and do something about your funds...it's not the clubs fault you can't afford to go out and spend money... it is "money making manhattan" isn't it?

why is everyone so critical about everyone else business? shit, i mean hip-hop blew up because everyone got behind everyone and pushed NEW artists, venues, djs, etc... then once people seen others making money, the haters rolled on in and tried to bring there own culture down...our dance community just tries to bring new people and businesses down instead of checking it out and having a good time...do we really wanna to see everyone go broke? would it make everyone feel better if no one "made it"?

i know what im about to say may be ridiculed, but it's not always about the DJ, sometimes it's just about having a good time with your friends... and if you NEED a DJ to do that, maybe the personal lives of you and your friends are not so interesting if you can't grab a bottle and sit down to bull shit for a bit...

you make a number of great points but sometimes its a matter of principal and even if i could afford it which i cant presently i still wouldnt pay $300 for a bottle of liquor that costs $25...

but i do understand that this is the trend right now and as long as people are willing to do it it will continue

i agree... it's insane to spend $300 on a bottle of goose or sky... but some peeps have it and there's a market for it in NYC...

it's kinda like luxury branding... we all know it doesn't cost someone $4k to make a classy watch, but that doesn't mean someone won't pay $4k for it...

go figure?

C.R.E.A.M.

I thought mansion in miami was gonna be movie star be seen vip blow the door guy hey ya doin club too but it was the total opposite.

i <3 mansion

Went to Mansion a few times when it was called LEVEL.

Great club, one of the only dark and dirty clubs in the stupid glitzy miami scene.

BED will be horrible, mark my words.

A co-worker of mine attended the community board hearing for it, and said they are TOTALLY aiming for a bottles and models crowd. UGHHH

This just might be the WORST statement i have ever read on clubplanet.

It encorporates EVERYTHING wrong with the scene today, and it is no suprise that it is coming from a B&T kid who is always trying to hack his website for free on CP. :deadfish:

This just might be the WORST statement i have ever read on clubplanet.

It encorporates EVERYTHING wrong with the scene today, and it is no suprise that it is coming from a B&T kid who is always trying to hack his website for free on CP. :deadfish:

duh... first of all 411, you're attitude is just lame and typical of message board drama.

second of all, it is true that every time someone has an idea or a new venue to share with CP that this board has to bash it without even trying it out for themselves. am i not telling the truth? surf the boards, i'm sure with all that time on your hands (5,000 posts) you must have seen all the negative posts about venues and parties. did you not?

third, born in Paterson, NJ and grew up in the dirty NYC scene since I was 17 going to Limelight, hardcore techno pits and after parties I can't even remember. I don't know who you hang out with or get your info from, but my participation within the scene has never been considered coming from a Bridge and Tunnel kid.

As for our web site, I bust my ass to do what I can to promote and share POSITIVE experiences of our nightlife and club culture scene. How could you put down another fellow scenester without due cause?

411 - What have you done to make the scene better? Due tell. I would love to hear how dedicated you really are to contributing to the growth of our music and culture beyond typing lazy internet ramblings on CP.

I have been around this shit for 10+ years and have met a lot of cool people, and you are one BIG DICK who has a beef with me for no apparent reason.

So why you hatin' tough guy?

So I got an email today from a fellow HBIC and she has been made the Event & Promotions Director of BED NY.

Now to clarify some rumours. BED NY will be located on the 6 floor & Rooftop of 530 West 27th Street. And has no affiliation or partnership with the nightclub below it. BED NY is for all purposes a Restaurant. I am sure over time there will be events of a DJ nature but like Miami. That is their main function.

www.bedny.com

I'll admit at first the whole "club franchise thing" placing it's feet into NYC had me at odds. But after seeing what Crobar has done, I think this latest addition may be a good thing.

Hahahahahaha.

What have you done?

Made a website?

I have worked in the industry, holding a marketing and promotions account rep postition with the largest dance radio show in this city before all this internet crap came around.

I used to love this scene.

I used to love going to shows in sneakers and jeans, not caring how i looked, with girls in ufo's and hoodies. Thinking you might get jumped on the way to the club, or on the way home, or even in the club. And nobody cared. people just danced. everybody just wanted to have fun.

then people like you came along from the suburbs with your websites and pictures and changed the scene from being about the music to being about dress codes, and hot girls, and european designed venues. all bullshit.

And what took place in hip hop is not that everyone got behind one another, its that the genre sold out to the lowest common denomonator and became commercialized, JUST LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. Hip hop now is the most main stream, cookie cutter drivel, and it should make us worry, because like it or not, it is dance music as well.

thats why i am so bitter,

because people come on here and say that a night was bad based on the RACE of the people that attended the night, or the smell of the night, or the look of the crowd. All sensless bullshit perpetuated by this New Jersey and Miami-ism of the scene.

Who cares about smells, or looks, or dress, or drinks, or girl to guy ratios. Who cares?

Everyone does now a days, and its sad.

Hahahahahaha.

What have you done?

Made a website?

I have worked in the industry, holding a marketing and promotions account rep postition with the largest dance radio show in this city before all this internet crap came around.

I used to love this scene.

I used to love going to shows in sneakers and jeans, not caring how i looked, with girls in ufo's and hoodies. Thinking you might get jumped on the way to the club, or on the way home, or even in the club. And nobody cared. people just danced. everybody just wanted to have fun.

then people like you came along from the suburbs with your websites and pictures and changed the scene from being about the music to being about dress codes, and hot girls, and european designed venues. all bullshit.

And what took place in hip hop is not that everyone got behind one another, its that the genre sold out to the lowest common denomonator and became commercialized, JUST LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. Hip hop now is the most main stream, cookie cutter drivel, and it should make us worry, because like it or not, it is dance music as well.

thats why i am so bitter,

because people come on here and say that a night was bad based on the RACE of the people that attended the night, or the smell of the night, or the look of the crowd. All sensless bullshit perpetuated by this New Jersey and Miami-ism of the scene.

Who cares about smells, or looks, or dress, or drinks, or girl to guy ratios. Who cares?

Everyone does now a days, and its sad.

well, i'm glad to hear you are in the trenches too... just because i was born in NJ does not make my actions or words less valuable than yours...

as for my web site, this is one thing that i have recently worked on putting together because of my passion for the culture. and if you are in a marketing department, you yourself have just admitted to being commercial because there is no need for marketing if you are not interested in sales.

also, i have a degree in recording engineering from Full Sail in Orlando. i have interned at various studios, labels and worked with various scenesters from club management, promoters, designers, artists, etc etc etc to help and contribute to getting the word out...

personally, i love going out to clubs and not worrying about getting jumped... i had enough of that shit growin up where i lived... and just because im from the suburbs doesn't mean i have the same ideals as the suburbs... for you to stereotype me is ignorance...

there is nothing wrong with euro designed venues, or dress codes... there are plenty of "underground" spots still in existance... you can't blame those who grew up in the scene for attempting to make a living out of it... i rather be a "sell out" doing something i enjoy than being stuck at some local shop without a retirement fund and a dying future...

so that being said, why don't you quit bashing my work, myself and others who are not like you and start figuring out how WE can make something better out of what you see that sucks...

The people who own bed are a bunch of deadbeat lowlives... they'll never survive in NYC... they attempted to open up about 3 years ago at different location and still owe me and a few other consultants money... rest assured they will be attempting to use non union construction crews again and will be stopped cold again... They might have secured some better financing now but rest assured it will be a mismanaged mess.... It's not exactly a "done deal" yet either:

Club BR LLC d/b/a B.E.D., 530-542 West 27th Street (6th floor and roof)

Date Community Board received notice: May 10, 2004

Business Licenses & Permits Committee reviewed on: June 8, 2004

Full Board reviewed on: July 7, 2004

DETAILS OF APPLICATION: The restaurant will have a total occupancy of 640 people. The business plan calls for the space to operate as a fine dining establishment wherein the patrons are served on large beds. There are also two small areas with regular tables meant to accomodate a lunch business. The restaurant will occupy the sixth floor and the roof of the building, with extensive plantings and glassed-in areas on the roof. Applicants say that a cabaret license is needed because patrons occasionally dance on the beds.

HISTORY: When the liquor license for this establishment was reviewed earlier, the owners agreed to many stipulations. They reiterated their commitment to abide by the stipulations when the Board reviewed their cabaret license application. B.E.D. LLC plans to have patrons and amplified sound on the roof of the building. The Board was concerned that noise from the roof could be disturbing to neighbors if and when the nearby buildings are converted to residential use, given the pending rezoning of West Chelsea. The applicant agreed to enclose and soundproof the patron areas of the roof if such residential conversion occurs.

Cabaret license is still in review... and judging by what's going on with CB4 .. the area will be re-zoned very very soon... They also have egress and fire protection issues with the certificate of occupancy application...