Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats good on the weekends in DC?

osunflower14

:bounce: Hello, I am going away on a family trip this weekend to Washington DC. I was wondering where all the good clubs are and what is good that is coming up this weekend? Im actually staying In Arlington VA but I want to party in DC. If anyone knows of any good places both in VA and DC let me know. Thanks!

Hello! I used to live in the D.C. area before moving to Tampa. Before I left, I used to go to Club Five on 1214B 18th Street NW in D.C. It's located in the heart of Midtown's Golden Triangle, CLUB FIVE is a three level club featuring a relaxing open air moonlit lounge and two additional floors of electrifying music with a full bass heavy EAW Avalon Soundsystem. On Fridays they play trance, techno, electronic dance, progressive house, electro & breakbeats. More important, ladies get in free till 11:00pm. On Saturdays they play deep house, house, electronic dance & disco. So either one of those two nights will do! If you feel like hanging loose and just straight chilling, I'd suggest Gua-Rapo on 2039 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington. Otherwise, any of the bars in Georgetown will do.

I went back home for the holidays last year and had a BLAST! Either one or both of these two places will do, that is why I am suggesting them to you. Sometimes I wonder of why I ever left the D.C. area cuz I miss it. :boohoo: Tampa has nothing! Guess that's why I go to Miami every now and then :shades:

Let me know if you have any further questions and how it goes. I hope you have lots of fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :aright:

Obviously the hottest club in city right now is Fur on Saturdays. There you can hear the best trance/electronica music outside of south beach and NYC. If your into lounges, you have 3 or 4 lounges on 18th and M ( 1223, 18th St Lounge, Dragonfly ). Next door to 18th St lounge is Five, usually hear electronica and one of the few clubs in that area that doesnt have a dress code (ie baseball caps, sneakers, etc). If your into hip hop then Dream on Fridays, and Modern after hours. If your under 21, your options are limited. Try Platnium.

I would avoid the bars in georgetown (except for Modern) and arlington, there are like any other frat boy bars that are in every city.

:3some:

FUR brings some good Dj's sometimes but it seems that most of the time is undiluted velveeta trance (unless you like that kind of thing) & hip-hop (lots of meatheads & cheesers)... :type:

Five is more laid back w/the dress code & they bring some good talent. If you want somethig more mellow you can check out Dragonfly (2nd floor) or Spank (lots of posers but good music sometimes)...

Hello! I used to live in the D.C. area before moving to Tampa. Before I left, I used to go to Club Five on 1214B 18th Street NW in D.C. It's located in the heart of Midtown's Golden Triangle, CLUB FIVE is a three level club featuring a relaxing open air moonlit lounge and two additional floors of electrifying music with a full bass heavy EAW Avalon Soundsystem. On Fridays they play trance, techno, electronic dance, progressive house, electro & breakbeats. More important, ladies get in free till 11:00pm. On Saturdays they play deep house, house, electronic dance & disco. So either one of those two nights will do! If you feel like hanging loose and just straight chilling, I'd suggest Gua-Rapo on 2039 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington. Otherwise, any of the bars in Georgetown will do.

I went back home for the holidays last year and had a BLAST! Either one or both of these two places will do, that is why I am suggesting them to you. Sometimes I wonder of why I ever left the D.C. area cuz I miss it. :boohoo: Tampa has nothing! Guess that's why I go to Miami every now and then :shades:

Let me know if you have any further questions and how it goes. I hope you have lots of fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do. :aright:

yeah dude, living in the tampa area sux. go bucs!!!

what area of tampa do you live?

i lived there for 3 years while going to school.

Obviously the hottest club in city right now is Fur on Saturdays. There you can hear the best trance/electronica music outside of south beach and NYC. If your into lounges, you have 3 or 4 lounges on 18th and M ( 1223, 18th St Lounge, Dragonfly ). Next door to 18th St lounge is Five, usually hear electronica and one of the few clubs in that area that doesnt have a dress code (ie baseball caps, sneakers, etc). If your into hip hop then Dream on Fridays, and Modern after hours. If your under 21, your options are limited. Try Platnium.

I would avoid the bars in georgetown (except for Modern) and arlington, there are like any other frat boy bars that are in every city.

:3some:

GLOW @ FUR happens every Saturday

OCTOBER Lineups:

10/23: Christopher Lawrence

10/30: Armin Van Buuren

NOVEMBER Lineups:

11/06: COR FIJNEMAN

11/13: FERRY CORSTEN

11/20: GEORGE ACOSTA

11/27: DEEP DISH (8 Hour dj set!)

www.ClubGlow.com

www.PanoramaPromo.com

Info Line: 202.271.1171

AIM Info: Panorama Promo

Hello! I used to live in the D.C. area before moving to Tampa. Before I left, I used to go to Club Five on 1214B 18th Street NW in D.C. It's located in the heart of Midtown's Golden Triangle, CLUB FIVE is a three level club featuring a relaxing open air moonlit lounge and two additional floors of electrifying music with a full bass heavy EAW Avalon Soundsystem. On Fridays they play trance, techno, electronic dance, progressive house, electro & breakbeats. More important, ladies get in free till 11:00pm. On Saturdays they play deep house, house, electronic dance & disco. So either one of those two nights will do!

FRIDAY @ CLUB FIVE

Send me an email to lushpromo@aol.com and i'll put you and your friends on the guestlist - free admission before 1am!!!

10-22-04-lush.gif

for the best vibe this weekend - go to Mass-Transit2 on Saturday 10.23.04

transit_october_front.jpg

transit_october_back.jpg

image001.jpg

::Mass-Transit2::

Saturday, October 23rd, 2004

Give Productions proudly presents Mass-Transit2 in Fairfax @ Bridges.

:hyper:

Lineup:

CHARLES FEELGOOD [www.djfeelgood.com | System Recordings | LA]

BUSTER [snowball Collective | Buzzlife, DC ]

VIRTUE [GIVE Productions | Lockjaw | SM Crew | DC]

21+over only | photo ID's mandatory

Hours: 9pm-3am.

$7 before 10:30 | $10 After

Reduced admission guest list ($5.00) signup available only in person at Wednesday Transit parties.

Each week at Wednesday Transit, 2 people from the reduced admission guest list will be selected for FREE ADMISSION to Mass-Transit2!!

Official afterparty local to the venue TBA. :D :thumbsup:

GIVE Productions brings you Mass-Transit2! Moving onward from the success of Mass-Transit (SCOTT HENRY, SUNEEL, and JOEY MUNIZ), Mass-Transit2 continues the monthly celebration of the top guest DJ from Wednesday Transit events, along with one of our very own Transit residents, and a special guest DJ. At Mass-Transit2 we Give you the one and only CHARLES FEELGOOD - along with VIRTUE and BUSTER.

He played the San Diego Pride Festival 2002, opening up with Jon Bishop (ICU/Tidy Traxx) for Cyndi Lauper in front of 40,000+ people, and VIRTUE will be starting off the night at Mass-Transit2 with his musical affection ranging from Funky Breaks and Chunky House, you can be sure that the music will be on point when Virtue hits the decks. Having opened for numerous famous headliners along with being involved with many aspects of the DC EDM scene, BUSTER blew us all away during his recent set at Transit and Cubik, establishing himself as the hands down winner of the Transit guest DJ for MassTransit2. BUSTER's flawless mixing and fun progressive breaks keep you moving and grooving. Finally, to climax the evening, CHARLES FEELGOOD will throw down an exclusive 3 hour set and will fulfill his mission to provide what his name implies; "to make people have a good time and go home with a great feeling." :yes:

There are drink specials, games, pool, good food (til 1am), combo w/ cool atmosphere, dance floor, lighting, etc. :usa:

:ez: :raveon:

Bridges is located at:

10560 Main St.,

Fairfax, VA

Map/Directions

CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT TRANSIT AND MASS-TRANSIT IN THE WASHINGTON POST

MASS-TRANSIT 9.11 thread - http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43980

This week's Transit thread - http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45308

Last week's Transit thread - http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44805

GIVE PRODUCTIONS WEBSITE