Clubplanet Nightlife Community

thank god! GATORS FIRE ZOOK!

nycchic24

:bounce::bounce:

but he will finish out the year.

now they just have to concvince spurrier to come back!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1908871

leading candidates for the job (as posted by the gainesville sun ) are:

spurrier (of course)

stoops ( i wish)

norm chow

john gruden

rick neihusel

urban mayer

i think mack brown will be up for grabs later on (i would be surprised if UT hangs on to him) l.. i think he would do great at UF!

Finally we are free from the Zookers clutches. He was in over his head from the start. Maybe Foley will actually conduct a real search to get a real head coach. Where would we be if he had done that 3 yrs ago?????

As far as Coach Spurrier coming back, Im not sure that is what we need. He was lazy toward the end of his tenure. He didnt recruit hard and the level of talent dropped quickly. Not to say Grossman wasnt great, but Im talking about talent on the team as a whole---especially defense. If he wants to go at it 110% and bust ass a bit harder on the recruiting trail than I could be convinced. Otherwise, I say we look at all our options and go with the top guy after interviewing several candidates.

What most people dont know is that Gruden wanted the job but Foley didnt want to wait until after the NFL playoffs were over for the Raiders. Foley was worried about losing a recruiting season. I would say that would have been better than losing 3 years that we will never get back. Coach Gruden is my #1 choice. He has an attitude that is infectious. Players love him and no one could out recruit him.