Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help a New Yorker for Halloween...

deppnade

me and my girlfriend are coming to vegas for the first time for Halloween weekend, the 29-1st of november, we are both 24 and are heavy into the NYC scene, i.e. factory, crobar, JP, the Hamptons(neptunes), house music, etc...

i have seen many posts about what people recommend for each night, the only problem is i doubt we can make it to all those spots, and we only have those 3 nights and i dont know the next time we will be back to vegas in the near future, this is our one big trip together, so i want to know what people recommend with this in mind, everyone has told me to go to Rain sat nights and Light sunday nights, but sunday is halloween, that i realize, are they wrong to tell me to go to those? is that a typical tourist new york idea to go to those clubs? will we have a better time at other clubs?? guestlists arent the issue and neither really are what clubs are good, its more like what clubs have what type of crowd and what type of music and what type of atmosphere, what might be a sick ass night to someone may not be to us(i.e. we dont do 18+, etc.), we just want to maximize our time there and not go to a club expecting one thing and get another, also, i see alot about ice sat nights, what time is this event occuring till and is it 21+ or 18+...

thanks for all that reply, it will be a great help :)

First of all, I'm not sure who is recommending things to you but Rain and Light are definately not a good representation of what's hot in Vegas.

If you want to get a great diversified feel for what's hot in a short period of time, you should try hitting up more than one club a night.

You need to check out Body English at least one of those nights. If you love house, you should check out Drais after hours at least Saturday night.

Tangerine is a good spot to check out but its small and crowded. Ice Saturday night is hot and I believe Ice is also bringing Crooklyn Clan (from your neck of the woods) this Friday - but that's hip-hop and classics - no house. If you want recommendations for hip-hop and reggae, that's a whole different ballgame.

Every club is going to be offering different halloween promotions and the town will be nuts all weekend.

Here are a few reccomendations for good house music that weekend

Friday

Not many crazy parties announced but still tons of good night life. I would reccomend Tabu to start, then either Tangerine or Body English. Drais is a good option for afterhours but the line is usually insane on big weekends. Get there around 3:30 or 4

Saturday

ICE - Ferry Corsten is spinning their monster ball - would definitely check this place out - best club out here in my opinion - place has a NY vibe to it on Saturdays. I'd reccomend getting presale tickets for this so you don't haveto wait in line http://www.wantickets.com/default.asp?sponsor=ice

Club Paradise - Its a strip club right by the Hard Rock that is having Richard Humpty Vission spin afterhours

Sunday

Boy George is @ Club Rio from 11-3am

Rain - Judge Jules and Richard Humpty Vission are spinning the club Rubber party. Probably the craziest party that night - would strongly reccomend going. Can get tickets to gaurantee entry and skip the line @ www.ticketmaster.com for will call pickup

Tangerine - Dj Skribbles is spinning but I am pretty sure it will be more of a hip hop set.

Have a good time

First of all, I'm not sure who is recommending things to you but Rain and Light are definately not a good representation of what's hot in Vegas.

If you want to get a great diversified feel for what's hot in a short period of time, you should try hitting up more than one club a night.

You need to check out Body English at least one of those nights. If you love house, you should check out Drais after hours at least Saturday night.

Tangerine is a good spot to check out but its small and crowded. Ice Saturday night is hot and I believe Ice is also bringing Crooklyn Clan (from your neck of the woods) this Friday - but that's hip-hop and classics - no house. If you want recommendations for hip-hop and reggae, that's a whole different ballgame.

Every club is going to be offering different halloween promotions and the town will be nuts all weekend.

I agree with you, but only half way. Although the staff at Light kinda sucks it is a great club. I was there this past weekend hanging out with the Tangerine crew, a playboy model and chit-chatted with DMC. The party was off the hook. Great crowd and a good vibe. Rain does suck all around.

Bill_DMC.jpg

For this weekend this is what I'd recommend based on where I'll be.

Fri - Tangerine (supposed to Rain on Sat, so the patio may be shot, but who knows with Rain here in Vegas. It may not). Then onto OBA for After Hours.

Sat - Body English > Ice > Club Paradise (have a vip memebrship here).

thank you all for the help, here is what ive learned since then after making 1000 calls...

like i said, everyone and their mother recommends rain, and this is coming from kids who know how to party party here in NY, but i recently heard Rain sat nights is mad corny...what is that about??? i still dont get why everyone says Rain...

so far, my idea is to keep it in the Palms sat night, going to Rain first then Ghost Bar right above it for some more cocktails, you all have to remember im going with basically my eventually fiancee so drunken hot girls isnt the goal of this mission unfortunately ;) , friday night it sounds like i should go to Tabu first then Tangerine, and if still up for it more after, what nights is Drais the best for after hours, fri or sat?? what is OBA afterhours???

in terms of sunday, me and my girl are all costumed up, and we thought of all the parties the Studio 54 one seemed best, i dont know if i do boy george and all he will bring, leather fetish parties are a little too sketch for me, been there done that at factory, dont really miss it, so i figured Studio 54 seemed best...comments?

thanks again guys, if it wasnt for u id have no freakin clue, it sounds like Body English is the hot party, some ?'s, is it very laid back??? what type of music?? what nights are hot there...

:bowdown:

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

Sausage fest, sword fight, too many frat boys lip syncing ludacris. I'll pass

is that a correct review???

also, what is the latest i can get to body english?? is fri night the same party as sat night???

lastly, is rain sun night gonna be better than studio 54's??? just curious, sorry for all the ?'s, just a curious person...

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

also, what is the latest i can get to body english?? is fri night the same party as sat night???

lastly, is rain sun night gonna be better than studio 54's??? just curious, sorry for all the ?'s, just a curious person...

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

Rain Wednesday - Sunday

IMO forget Rain. I hate that place.

This is what I would do.

Fri - Tabu > Tangerine > OBA

Sat - Body English > Ice

Sun - Light, if you're dead set on Rain go there on this night. Judge Jules will eb there.

thanks bro...sat night i would want to go to ghost bar after body english, but no rain for us sat nights, im gonna take ur advice and BE it up...how is studio 54's halloween party gonna be sun night in ur opinion BillLe...also where is OBA and what is ur opinion on Drais after hours...

rain last saturday was all hip - hop...... and girls was the only reason we left ice to go there

thanks bro...screw that...:)

u never said ur opinion moxx, what would u recommend for me for fri, sat and sun nights, i am not going to Ice, we dont like trance house so that isnt for us...plus we are just drinking this weekend if u know what i mean so that type of setting will just upset us ;), also, if u were with ur fiancee, what places would u go to or recommend for someone who is...

I would strongly reccomend going to Rain on Sunday. Rain is a sick club but the music is usually garbage. However, this parties will probably have the best music you can find for that night. The club Rubber parties are insane - lots of eye candy and they decorate the club really nice. Studio 54 doesn't have any big DJ's that night which usually means it will be a mix of everything from hip-hop to top 40 to house and trance

Check out the link for more info - its gonna be $40 at the door so I would suggest getting presales for $30 so you don't have to wait in line

http://www.spiritworld.com/

OBA is at the HOB inside Mandalay Bay. Music wise, it blows Drais away. Drais just gets a better crowd, more people, but it gets way to hot there. I have been to Drais 1 in the past couple months. I tend to not ge there either because it is too crowded with a small dancefloor. Since you don't like House these afterhour spots might not be for you. Although you may be able to take Drais. The play some pretty fluffy house.

I would strongly reccomend going to Rain on Sunday. Rain is a sick club but the music is usually garbage. However, this parties will probably have the best music you can find for that night. The club Rubber parties are insane - lots of eye candy and they decorate the club really nice. Studio 54 doesn't have any big DJ's that night which usually means it will be a mix of everything from hip-hop to top 40 to house and trance

Check out the link for more info - its gonna be $40 at the door so I would suggest getting presales for $30 so you don't have to wait in line

http://www.spiritworld.com/

thanks bro, looks like we are going to Rain sun night than...just because Studio isnt having a big dj u think its not gonna be that good??? cause it sounds like a hot place but im not from ur neck of the woods so i dont want to go there if it isnt, but start the night there, get presale tix for Rain, and get to Rain at 1-1:30...also, what is ur opinion on light that night, worth going or screw it...

OBA is at the HOB inside Mandalay Bay. Music wise, it blows Drais away. Drais just gets a better crowd, more people, but it gets way to hot there. I have been to Drais 1 in the past couple months. I tend to not ge there either because it is too crowded with a small dancefloor. Since you don't like House these afterhour spots might not be for you. Although you may be able to take Drais. The play some pretty fluffy house.

we do like house, that was the point my vegas friend, we arent hip hop fans, we are straight up NYC house, but corsten is super trance, something that isnt to our liking, which would be why we dont go there that night, but other than that, i think this is our schedule as of now...

Tangerine fri night then Tabu after for some romantic cocktails and after hours if need be...(our thought is the lounge after the club because of lines and not having to deal with the lines at the big clubs)

Sat night Body English then romantic cocktails at Ghost Bar and after hours again if need be...

Sun night start at Studio 54 and Rain after with presold tix to avoid not getting in or lines...

:beer: thoughts friends???

thanks bro...screw that...:)

u never said ur opinion moxx, what would u recommend for me for fri, sat and sun nights, i am not going to Ice, we dont like trance house so that isnt for us...plus we are just drinking this weekend if u know what i mean so that type of setting will just upset us ;), also, if u were with ur fiancee, what places would u go to or recommend for someone who is...

from reading the board i think there a some big name dj's this weekend. on a regular weekend....if your with your girl...i would check out ice....i dont like the trance type stuff either...but the music and system sounded good in there on sat nite... we left early cuase of the male/female ratio and the fact that i didn't think there was a good chance of hooking up in there...

as i said in the club review thread. "where was this place 4-5 years ago" cause i would have got "lost' in there years back. i do remember utopia....but didnt think much of it.

if i went with a girl..i would definetely take her to Tangerine...especially if they play the same music on the weekends as they did wednesday.

very NYC ish type loungey kind of night.

all in all, though, i don't think you can go wrong on a holiday weekend...vegas rules...i even had fun at studio 54