Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brett Favre doesnt get a break....

happyface

First his dad passes away last year,just a few weeks ago his brother in law dies in a ATV accident on his property and now this..... :(

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

ESPN.com news services

GULFPORT, Miss. -- The wife of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre was diagnosed with breast cancer, yet more bad news in a year full of heartache for the family.

Deanna Favre was recently released from Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York after undergoing a lumpectomy, Bonita Favre, the quarterback's mother, told media outlets on Monday.

Deanna Farve will undergo chemotherapy treatments that could last up to five months and is expected to make a full recovery, Bonita Favre said.

The Packers had no comment on the matter, and Brett Favre was unavailable Tuesday. He usually addresses the media on Wednesdays.

It has been a difficult year for the Favre family. In December, Brett's father, Irvin, died from a heart attack. Deanna's brother, Casey Tynes, 24, was killed three weeks ago in an ATV accident on Brett Favre's property near his home in Oak Grove.

Favre was told about his wife's cancer on Oct. 14 and left practice to be with his family for a day before the Packers' game against Detroit on Oct. 17.

"Brett was relieved to learn that the situation is not as bad as it could have been," Deanna's brother-in-law, Scott Favre, said. "We think that they got (all of the cancer) out."

Deanna Favre runs the Brett Favre Fourward Foundation, which has raised more than $1 million for disadvantaged or disabled children in Wisconsin and Mississippi.

"The family has been through a great deal and we will get through this," Bonita Favre said. "We would like to thank everyone for the prayers and support. We're a strong family and with the help of the Lord, we'll get through this."

imagine all this happened and he was a poor shit farmer in mississippi with no health insurance

money or no money,death in a family isnt good and having your wife diagnosed with breast cancer doesnt help.

So lets say you are a millionare and your wife has cancer, it wouldnt bother you as much?

no that is not what i am saying. People die everyday, bad shit happens to people all the time, but does being rich help, maybe. Like i said if he was poor with no insurance things would really suck for him. He has money and she will get the best treatment you can get.

NOw to say a multi millionare never gets any breaks is a bit much.

no that is not what i am saying. People die everyday, bad shit happens to people all the time, but does being rich help, maybe. Like i said if he was poor with no insurance things would really suck for him. He has money and she will get the best treatment you can get.

NOw to say a multi millionare never gets any breaks is a bit much.

i agree - money helps with health problems for shit sure - plus didnt he get a break sunday when the pack won like 31-10?? :hat: