Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Decisions Made in the History of Seaside NiteLife

Invasion of Thugs to the clubs, Love being in XS while I'm in an Armani shirt and seeing some dudes in their basketball Jerseys waveing their bandanas in the air. I don't mind a little hip-hop in the clubs but best efforts should be made to keep the trouble out. I have shoes on but some kid gets upset and wants to argue cause I accidentaly stepped on his $50 nike's :yuck: I'll be in Hamptons next year.

Summer of '03 had such shitty weather that people were afraid to get shore houses this past summer. Plus I don't think MTV made the shore look all that good either.

Agree with you 100%...MTV Shorehouse brought in all sorts of trash over the years and it just escalated...plus, after watching that Tommy character, it left many Seaside fans in disgust...

It's very simple though, alot of people just grew up and have moved on...

Infiltration of thuggs

Exactly! the place is swarmed with ghetto thugs which makes it unsafe for a girls to walk the streets and has also tripled the number of cops there. These guys are disgusting and makes me never want to go back. Saying that the downfall has to do with certain DJ's is stupid - the real reason is obvious. The clubs should stop playing hip hop so that they go away.

Two things:

1) "More" infiltration of Thugs (as already stated by someone above)

2) The mindset of promoters to rely on Clubplanet and NJguido as their main outlets to market the clubs/their nights. A reset to promoting needs to take effect in order for the NJ scene in general to come back. Bon (and crew) and Binoy (and crew) seem to be the only ones who go beyond the message boards during the week. Only the die-hards are on these boards. The regular weekender's never hear about the promotions anymore...

Outside of this board...I never heard of Flight, Taste, etc. I dont listen to KTU much but everytime I turn it on, I hear the word Djais and Deko Lounge about once every 10 minutes.

if they just stopped playing it everywere it wouldn't be the trend anymore.

i find it funny how hip hop is a trend....it has always been there at certain places......i started at djais in 1990 and kip and myself always worked in a litlle hip hop(now old school)same at bunka in '92.....it's been big for many years now but most of you didn't notice because most of you were at tempts or wherever(not djais) or too young.....it is forced to the front now due to the lack of quality commercial music....file sharing killed the dance scene single handedly.....the producers took a beating and stopped making music, labels folded, and here we are today.....granted there are plently of quality tracks but the general dance crowd isn't feeling it...you also don't have the drugs driving the dance crowd anymore like in the late 90's...