Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Downloading music

truex1200

First off, i think downloading music shouldnt be abused. We need to keep the record labels in bussiness and just respect the artists. But like anyone else, occasionally i download a song or 2(not many i have like 20 songs on my c:/ )

Another problem with downloading music is that you sometime dont get what you download. People will label something TIESTO just because its trance when its not his track. My freind was like you MUST hear this new pvd song i downloaded. i listened to it AND IT ENDED UP BEING SOME SONG BY RAZOR;totally different genres. Then a couple days later someone was like I have a new SKOOF track that i found on the net. I go to take another listen and BOOM, its some tribal track. i mean comon people..if your going to share your music on the net. AT LEAST PUT THE RIGHT ARTISTSSSSS..hah

any of you ever download something but then it ends up being something totally different?

example: a file labeled metallica ends up being billy joel or something..hahah

Id say close to 80% of my downloads where probably to replace CDs I actually purchased. Like Metallica's Kill'em all which I about like 8 years ago, finally descided it wasnt playable anymore.

Personally i think those downloads should be 100% with in your legal rights, since legaly you can create a backup duplicate for yourself.

I spin vinyl, therefore I BUY MOST OF MY MUSIC, to the tune of close to 200.00 a week in records! So I'm doin my part. When I buy them I do convert them to mp3 to save them. Records do get scratched, stolen etc. but more importantly, not many clubs have turntables anymore so i need my records on cd. When I download songs from someone it is because, a) song is not released in the states yet, or B) I would like to preview it before buying. Yes, we should all support the records labels and their artists, but by the look of Subliminals mp3 shop, sooon all of our music may have to be downloaded.

. Yes, we should all support the records labels and their artists, but by the look of Subliminals mp3 shop, sooon all of our music may have to be downloaded.

ahh your one of the good ones. That makes me happy to read that. Most djs jsut steal the music because its cheaper BUT, they dont realize the damage they do to the industry. So many GREAT labels are no longer here because of downloading abuse. Most dance record labels made their money off records(same with the artists). The average person doesnt buy most of the shit that you will find on the wall at a record store. So if the djs just download or burn cds. Nobody will survive.we have to have a balance.