Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Porter @ Rise Friday

groovefire

logoLarger.gif

This month marks the one year anniversary of RISE re-opening. Time flies, sheesh. Anyway, it's been a great year, Tom and Darrin and the whole RISE staff have worked very hard to create a top notch yet comfortable and casual venue with quality music week in and week out. If you haven't been to RISE yet, you're really missing out, and hopefully you'll come soon.

This week marks the return of resident Steve Porter. Ever heard of him? He’s pretty good.

If anyone needs info on guest passes, let me know.

ORBIT friday: 11.19.04:

Resident DJ Steve Porter (NYC) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

Upcoming Fridays:

ORBIT friday: 11.26.04:

Guest DJ Taner K (Boston) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

ORBIT friday: 12.03.04:

Special Guest DJ Paolo Mojo (London) with David McNeary (Boston) opening upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

ORBIT friday: 12.10.04:

Guest DJs Randy Deshaies + Sergio Santos (Boston) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

For more info and everything RISE, goto: http://www.riseclub.us/

i thought steve spun a wicked set last night. we walked through the doors and up the stairs sometime after 2:30 and ended up spending the majority of the night upstairs on the floor and chilling in the shady corner. despite a thinnish crowd, the music was good and bouncy, perfect volume, all with steves trademark masterful layering and deliberate programming. saw many of the regular faces wandering around until me dres alex billy and my roommate caitie came back to my place at 5 for some amstel and trees. top notch night!