Clubplanet Nightlife Community

research sites

crowina

Goodness I have so many. My friend is studying for it. I am trying to help, so I figure I'd teach myself a few things, in case I want to invest.

The test and the book terms don't match. I can’t even find them in the appendix. I am so new at this so I am just trying to find synonyms of what these may mean.

What is the equivalent to. (This is the test layout)

“The securities markets and regulations of the marketsâ€

“Order Entry, Confirmation and Settlementâ€

“Derivative Productsâ€

This one I can’t find for the life of me:

“Brokerage Productsâ€

I also need that design thing too...thanks

well, there's a lot of ish that could be said for u listed, but for now, here's some very basic info....also, its been a while since i cracked open those Series 7 books :worry: im sure im pretty rusty :hey:

“The securities markets and regulations of the marketsâ€

different securities (stocks for example) trade on different markets, such as the the NYSE. They have to follow strict regulations set by the NASD and SEC.

“Order Entry, Confirmation and Settlementâ€

this one seems pretty straight forward :confused:

different securities have different settlement dates. most stock have 3 business day settlement (so if you sold your stock today, the proceeds would not be deposited in your account till Thursday)

“Derivative Productsâ€

These can include futures, options, forwards, commodities, etc

This one I can’t find for the life of me:

“Brokerage Productsâ€

these are different "investment vehicles" that you can use...such as Roth IRA's, regular brokerage accounts (taxable), money market accounts, etc

I also need that design thing too...thanks

huh :confused:

u might want to check out Yahoo Finance. they have some good help areas that explains different securities and processes

oh thank you, that makes a ton of sense. i think i just get intimidated by some of this...as far as the design thing...that is what i do, graphic design...i have so many technical questions, but i dont want to "bore the board."

dont know much about graphic design, although i wouldnt mind pursuing it myself :hey: