Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When a new party starts.., What do you think needs to be done

To make the kick off a success and packed?

And on the other side what do you think some common mistakes that are made by promoters?

music, affordable, promoting to the type of crowd that u want there on a weekly basis...

if u want a bottle crowd...u promote to them....if u want house heads...u promote to them ect. ect.

gotta go where they go and tell them about it...if the party is proper...and a few go...they will tell others about it and it makes the promo work much easier

biggest common mistake.....GREED...

music, affordable, promoting to the type of crowd that u want there on a weekly basis...

if u want a bottle crowd...u promote to them....if u want house heads...u promote to them ect. ect.

gotta go where they go and tell them about it...if the party is proper...and a few go...they will tell others about it and it makes the promo work much easier

biggest common mistake.....GREED...

nicely said.

back when the roxy party was kickin a few summers ago they had free admission for like the first three weeks. that was pretty cool, gets a ton of people in to see if they like it, if it's good they will keep coming back.

i thought about that but i think it screams desperation and could kill it as well. I was thinking just being loose with the comps.

have cheap drinks, drink specials, giving comps , free admission is really good, make guestlist cheap too, none of this 20 crap( for weekends) or 10 crap ( for weekday), and yes,

treat your clubber s well,if there is a dress code , make clear exactly whats expected, and promote your party for exactly what it is, i hate when i go to a party, and its something tottally diffrent ( as in music) i went to a place that advertised techno, and the first 3 hours were really reall bad top 40, like salt n peppers push and boys to men, i was really pissed..i left before the techno came on

give away cds and stuff, i love when i go to a party and get free cds..

*don't be disappointed, or give up if its not packed right away, iv seen weeklys that have like 3 ppl going in the begining and in 3 months it gets packed out, word of mouth takes time, but its the best kind of promotion..