Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Cheetah Review...

Okay Saturday was my first time at Cheetah and Im having mixed thoughts about this place. The venue itself is fabulous depite being soo small.The drinks are extremely pricy and not even all that good no matter which bartender I asked to make my red devils....and many know how big I am on them!!!

The music threw me off when we first arrived. Whitney Houston's "Its not right but its okay" was playing as soon as we stepped into the door. I thought the rest of my night was going to be ruined upon hearing this. It stayed vocal for a while but after about an hour, around 12:30, it changed over to beats. So thats when I really started enjoying myself. I had a box all to myself to dance and and it was definately fun. But too many guys with their tongues hanging on the floor for me.

As for the crowd....well they are the reason why I most likely WONT return. Noone knows how to say "excuse me" or sorry...even after making you spill ur pricy drinks all over yourself! I got slammed into the wall by these "big girls" when in the hip hop room dancing. No matter where I went I got pushed around and that was my reason for dancing on the box.

All in all, the venue is nice but the crwod blows. And closes at 4??? Ugh thats a lil tooo ealry for my spunky ass.

Well I had a good time though. I danced my booty off and met a lot of cool people. I personally thought little body painting show they had was about the best thing to go on in there. Oh well...on to the next new spot...

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

No I *thoroughly* enjoyed myself as a matter of fact.

But there was one bummer of the ngiht which totally brought me down...I lost a really special ring and I couldnt find it no matter how hard I looked. Now I dont know what to do... cwm14.gif

------------------

tigger.gif

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Originally posted by misskittie:

No I *thoroughly* enjoyed myself as a matter of fact.

But there was one bummer of the ngiht which totally brought me down...I lost a really special ring and I couldnt find it no matter how hard I looked. Now I dont know what to do... cwm14.gif

Well the only thing i can really think of too say to that is.... A ring is only an object. it is the thought behind it that gives it meaning. If someone special gave it to you, then don't worry, Im sure theyll understand that youlost it. Unless they are a complete asshole. Thats my outlook on situations like this. If this person thinkds the same ay I do, then your in the clear.

-Andy

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

on my last trip to nyc heres why i was not liking cheetah @ all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. the dj upstairs had the hi's up to much, people were actually covering their ears on builds and vocals

2. his mixes were tight, but too short

3. the hiphop dj downstairs was horrible. i almost threw out a hip trying to keep up w/ his mixes, actually he didnt mix ONE SINGLE SONG, his drops i should say!!!

4. LIKE you said, the crowd was weak

we almost bolted to the hotel and came back w/ records in hand...

after goin to about 4 diff clubs that had a hiphop room, and then listening to Funkmaster flex Ive come to the conclusion that there are ALOT of beat up Hiphop djs in nyc...

------------------

flares.gif

www.djjoshuacarl.com

Missk--thanks for the review. I was actually going to go there last Thurs. but didn't get around to it. Besides the people that were rude, was there anyone that was decent? Was there a separte hip hop room or was it VIP only? How small was it exactly? Sorry about your ring. cwm34.gif

yeah that place is way too loud for me, their sound system is too powerful for a little room they call a dance floor, and i really hate that the place is so small that everyone steps on ur damn feet so many times, its really annoying, like u cant even enjoy dancing cause of that. cwm10.gif

Originally posted by stephc01:

Missk--thanks for the review. I was actually going to go there last Thurs. but didn't get around to it. Besides the people that were rude, was there anyone that was decent? Was there a separte hip hop room or was it VIP only? How small was it exactly? Sorry about your ring. cwm34.gif

You know I actually heard Thursdays are the better night. I went on Saturday so you never know. I may in fact return for a Thursday just to give it a fair chance.

There were some nice people but not the right vibe for me to return on a Saturday at all. I kept getting pushed around and I cant stand that. There were some nice people but I seemed to be the only one who knew how to say sorry.

The place is inredibly small so you'll want to tackle a box if you go to dance on. The hip hop room is EVEN SMALLER. That thing is like a match box.

I saw go check it out. To each their own ya know. Me personally, I really dont want to frequesnt this venue again. In my opinion its not worth it and I should have listened to friends befor I went...

------------------

tigger.gif

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

yeah that place is way too loud for me, their sound system is too powerful for a little room they call a dance floor cwm10.gif

Hahahaha I had to repeat everything and I mean EVERYTHING I said to people 2 and soemtimes 3 times. It didnt matter how close to their ears I was it was horrible!!

------------------

tigger.gif

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Originally posted by misskittie:

Hahahaha I had to repeat everything and I mean EVERYTHING I said to people 2 and soemtimes 3 times. It didnt matter how close to their ears I was it was horrible!!

Even after u repeat urself 500 times, after being asked what did u say, u forget the damn question asked or answer u told in the first place. Its one place that u dont even wanna talk cause u get so annoyed.