Werking today

cookie6

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for me it still is...

I wish I could do it again sometimes. But I have to remember what happens to me when I do.

One bump, one pill, one drink, one anything and I'm off to the races. If I take one pill...by the time I come down, the checking account is in the red, the car payment is a month behind and I have usually been late or even missed a few days of work. That shit grabs hold of me and WON'T let me go, and I won't let it let me go either. There is no jar big enough, and no whiskey glass tall enough to fill me up once I start going.

I wish I could do it again sometimes. But I have to remember what happens to me when I do.

One bump, one pill, one drink, one anything and I'm off to the races. If I take one pill...by the time I come down, the checking account is in the red, the car payment is a month behind and I have usually been late or even missed a few days of work. That shit grabs hold of me and WON'T let me go, and I won't let it let me go either. There is no jar big enough, and no whiskey glass tall enough to fill me up once I start going.

i am guilty of alot of what u just said...

Well you may be an addict like me??

That shit didn't happen to me all the time, but it happened enough times. And the pain of doing it was worse than the pain of not doing it.

i am def an addict...but i am a controlled addict (if there is such a thing)...

btw we :jacked: the hell out of this thread...lmao..

i am def an addict...but i am a controlled addict (if there is such a thing)...

btw we :jacked: the hell out of this thread...lmao..

Fuck a bunch a thread jackin'

There's no such thing as a controlled addict. There are those however, that continue to function in society somewhat perfectly normal. I was one of them for about 5 years. Drunk almost everyday, not everyday, but mostly everyday. And didn't get high but weekends and shit like that. There towards the end I was still only getting high on weekends, but drinking everyday, and the weekends were like fucking torture. The fun had completely escaped me and I was getting high just to get high and would do a lot of drugs by myself and wonder why nobody want's to hang with me. I drove myself insane and it took forever to break the cycle.

Fuck a bunch a thread jackin'

There's no such thing as a controlled addict. There are those however, that continue to function in society somewhat perfectly normal. I was one of them for about 5 years. Drunk almost everyday, not everyday, but mostly everyday. And didn't get high but weekends and shit like that. There towards the end I was still only getting high on weekends, but drinking everyday, and the weekends were like fucking torture. The fun had completely escaped me and I was getting high just to get high and would do a lot of drugs by myself and wonder why nobody want's to hang with me. I drove myself insane and it took forever to break the cycle.

i dont drink much...i just have the drug prob...i would deplete my funds everytime i start doing stuff...the good thing is i cant always get so in the time i pay bills and get my self things i need...but when i am able to get drugs then i just buy for the night...as i am half way through the nite and i realize i have some drugs left i go to the atm and get more money for more stuff...then as the night ends and day break comes i need to get more for the following ride home and then for when i am home...then i need to get more while i am home to get me to the next day...so if i can stay away from ppl who have i am ok...which i do..but when i am around it i dont stop...

i dont drink much...i just have the drug prob...i would deplete my funds everytime i start doing stuff...the good thing is i cant always get so in the time i pay bills and get my self things i need...but when i am able to get drugs then i just buy for the night...as i am half way through the nite and i realize i have some drugs left i go to the atm and get more money for more stuff...then as the night ends and day break comes i need to get more for the following ride home and then for when i am home...then i need to get more while i am home to get me to the next day...so if i can stay away from ppl who have i am ok...which i do..but when i am around it i dont stop...

Yeah - you're an addict.

It all starts with the FIRST ONE. It took me forever to learn what people in NA/AA were talking about when they said "the first drink gets you drunk." Now I know. Once I start - I cant' stop. If I never start I'm ok. I just have to stay away from the first bump, line, beer, shot, hit, whatever it is that I do. See, I'm an addict, the only thing I can honetly say I have never done is booted heroin and smoke pcp, and the only reason why was because it was never around when I wanted it or ran out of whatever it was i was doing. I didn't geive a fuck if it was huffin' kitty litter, if that shit could fucjk me up, I was on it.

i have never booted or sniffed heroin...i have done pretty much everything else...i too would find anything i could to get fucked up off of...as i get older and i gain responsibilities i find that i stay away from drugs as much as i can...but then i go out or someone comes over with shit and i am screwed...

about 2 weeks ago a friend came over with an 8-ball and we did it all (i didnt have to pay or anything) so my mindset was "hmmmmmmmm...i didnt pay for anything so i have money to get more, lets do it"...