Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Depeche mode is over the hills

i've been reading about the new DM album here. don't expect too much because it will suck. i used to be a big fan of DM too but they are now old and over the hills.. along with the cure, new order, petshop boys and other progressive UK bands.. sad but true, their old songs will be remembered but i'd rather sit and 'enjoy the silence' than listening to their new albums.

Originally posted by souvlaki:

i've been reading about the new DM album here. don't expect too much because it will suck. i used to be a big fan of DM too but they are now old and over the hills.. along with the cure, new order, petshop boys and other progressive UK bands.. sad but true, their old songs will be remembered but i'd rather sit and 'enjoy the silence' than listening to their new albums.

You can't judge the new album... it's not even released yet! I have to hear it first and then we can talk about it.

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

Go back and listen to some of there stuff now, see how it still sounds fresh. There are some mixes that still get played in clubs now. And yeh you carn't slate thjem because you haven't herd it... i guess they were pioneers then and they will be again.

It's like saying Kraftwerk are over the hill and crap. Depeche mode have quiet a bit to do with our scene now.

God just looking back you said the same about new order.... LMAO.. you need to re-asses. IM (and many other peoples) HO.

B2B-thank you! I couldn't have said it better. I definitely agree... I think they were always a step ahead... I think you can listen to their songs again and again and always find something new... The lyrics are very true and sometimes when I was down and was listening to their words and music it always helped me out! And David's voice is incredible..

------------------

unicornx1.gif

Originally posted by amalkav:

B2B-thank you! I couldn't have said it better. I definitely agree... I think they were always a step ahead... I think you can listen to their songs again and again and always find something new... The lyrics are very true and sometimes when I was down and was listening to their words and music it always helped me out! And David's voice is incredible..

Yeh i have to say i am not a big fan of them JUST for there lyrics etc.. they made GREAT music as well, all along that electronic vibe.. they (and new order) were pushing that sound years before people listened.. then when they were big they still kept it real.

I hated them during the 80's until i went back (thanks to a freind) who showed me the error of my ways.. and it was a big error.

They are very under-rated... luckily people do recognise it.

Damn..Souvlaki..whoever you are..

Seems like you never have anything positive to say at all! Must suck to be you...

I happen to think DM has gotten better and better as the years went by, and I am very excited to hear their new album..and there are many MANY many people who agree with me.

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

First DM record I had was Music for the Masses.. I was very young and didn't speak English at ALL!! So I loved music and sound of David's voice first... But then when I learned Ehglish and listen to it again I catched the words and it was even much better.. so now after all those years I finaly know what their songs are about..

I can't wait to hear new songs... Any info when it's gonna be released? My last info was fall 2000... sooo????? Fall is here damn it!!

------------------

unicornx1.gif

Here is the press release.. next july is DM day. But i am sure they have released some stuff internet only.. look around.

---------------------------------------------

IN THE MODE. . . AGAIN!

Depeche Mode have finally announced details of their tenth studio album, due out

in May 2001 on Mute Records. The sessions – described as ‘more percussive" by

founder member Andy Fletcher – include contributions from new drummer Christian

Eigner and Latin legend Airto Moreira. "It’s quite an optimistic album," he

added. The Essex trio – who are currently mixing eleven or twelve tracks with

former LFO producer Mark Bell – are still deciding on the album title, though

one song is called ‘Sweetest Condition.’ Various remixers have been approached,

including Viennese tweakers Kruder and Dorfmeister. "We’d like to get them to do

a mix because that was so successful with ‘Useless,’ said Fletcher. A worldwide

tour is expected to coincide with the album next July

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Here is the press release.. next july is DM day. But i am sure they have released some stuff internet only.. look around.

OMG Useless I love that song! I know some those K&D mixes...

July next year!!!! WTF I can't wait for so long frown.gif But we could be happy they are working on something new anyway..

------------------

unicornx1.gif

jilly, i've been reading your posts as well and it must be very pathetic and lonely to be you.

im not bashing DM, i do like them, i like their songs from 80s and the violator album i m just saying their new album won't nearly be as good as their previous albums cos they have gotten older. they are like 45.

Originally posted by Jilly:

Damn..Souvlaki..whoever you are..

Seems like you never have anything positive to say at all! Must suck to be you...

I happen to think DM has gotten better and better as the years went by, and I am very excited to hear their new album..and there are many MANY many people who agree with me.