Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fall Into X'ESS: FARLEY JACKMASTER FUNK | THE MAD THINKER | MIRO

xesschicago

friday, december 5th, 2004

x'ess entertainment and zentra nightclub present:

Sweet & LowDown

featuring:

Farley Jackmaster Funk / Former WGCI Hot Mix 5

When a new style of music first cracks the pop charts, the hit is usually a deliberate crossover by an artist having little to do with the music's original pioneers. The first house single to reach the charts, however, was recorded by seminal Chicago DJ and producer, Farley Jackmaster Funk. His cover of Isaac Hayes' "Love Can't Turn Around" made the Top Ten in mid-1986 -- ironically, not in his home country but in the U.K. -- at the same time that he was one of the biggest names in Chicago house. Born in 1962, Farley began DJing while still a teenager. He first made his name in 1981, broadcasting on Chicago's WBMX-FM with Ralphi "The Razz" Rosario, Kenny "Jammin" Jason, Mickey "Mixin" Oliver and Scott "Smokin" Seals as the Hot Mix 5 -- the legendary DJ team which broke house music for a wider Chicago audience. Farley also appeared at the legendary Warehouse club (mixing alongside Frankie Knuckles) and then began a residency at the Playground (later the Candy Store) which set in stone his reputation as one of the city's top DJs.

Julius "The Mad Thinker" / 3 Degrees

If you close your eyes, open your ears, open your mind, and let your body flow you will find yourself in a new plane previously unexplored. Seamlessly blended tracks vibrate your spine while soothing your soul. Julius builds you up gradually through loops of energy bursts and just when you reach your climax he drops you back to a lounge state awaiting the next climb to the peak. Many people call the music house, "the Mad Thinker" makes it home. In these modern times of separation among house music "the Mad Thinker" seems to take the contemporary underground tracks to a level that even satisfies the old school purist. At the same time, he lures the fanatic deeper in the vibe. After all, a DJ's job is to lead the listener into a different zone by allowing him to escape from anything rigid to the point that he goes home the next morning 100% cleansed of anxiety. "the Mad Thinker" will take this job on and complete it.

Miro / Chicagogroove

Being born in and living around Chicago I've always liked listening to radio mix shows. Whether it was 102.7 WBMX, B96, 107.5 WGCI, or 88.1 WCRX, I always tuned in and taped the shows. Thats about the time when I wanted to learn how to spin. I prefer spinning Deep house instead of hard or progressive. I like music with more of an Acid Jazz or Disco feel to it. ChicagoGroove Co-Founder and Resident DJ.

In the Chance VIP Room:

Dj Bozo

Dj Playboy

Dj Shuga

Dj Hedspin

Oddball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Residents:

Sativa & Jay-funk / hip hop & old school

s&ld resident dj

Chris Santiago / house

x’ess resident dj

X'ESS Hosted VIP Cocktail Reception from 9 - 10pm!

Drink Specials:

$4 Shots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest list rules:

Free before 10

$5 10 -11

$10 11 - midnight

$15 afterwards

GuestList Available at:

www.xessentertainment.com

Zentra Nightclub

923 Weed St.

Chicago, IL

21+ ID Required