Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Swing dancin'

ibhugh

Anyone here do any swing dancing?

I went on Saturday night, haven't done it in awhile. Had a complete blast. The place was a little crowded for really moving around, but I have heard there is a pretty good swing scene here...

I kinda have an affinity for it, cause I used to play in some swing bands back in the day, yo... May try to get into a band again.

cwm11.gifcwm30.gif

That would be pretty funny... There is always a need for more guys (guys are you listening??) in the swing dance community...

I will probably be taking some more classes myself....

One dance place I went to is called "You should be dancing". It's pretty good. There's another place that I forgot the name of right near the south entrance to central park...

The place that I went to Sat. was called Swing 46, on 46th St. bet. 5th and 6th. It's kinda small, but they did a little lesson and everything before the band started playing. There is another place called Supper Club, but I haven't been to that yet. cwm17.gif

my best friend melichacha got me into a swing phase at one time......its fun smile.gif i took a couple lessons

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Day is gone I'm on my back Staring up at the ceiling I take a drink sit back relax Smoke my kind makes me feel Better for a short time

What I want is what I've not got What I need is all around me"

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

love.jpg

OMG! trippin trance were we not just talking about this yesterday?

count me in! (definetly could use the lessons first.)

there's also another place near Swing 46, i think it's on either 47th or 48th near times square, they have a $25 cover, which includes 2 drinks and it's kind of a dinner type place. i think. this is all something i tried to arrange last year smile.gif so who knows!

btw- have any of you ever seen the Harlem Blues and Jazz Band? they are ALL over the age of 70, and as individuals have played with every big band legend from Glenn Miller and artists like Louie and Billie. but fuck dat, THEY are amazing. saw them open up for the Squirrel nut zippers 2 years ago, i thought i died.

Sounds cool to me. We should def try to plan something. I'm not sure the holiday season is going to work, but we could try... I will be out of town the next three weekends. ACK!!! Then gone for x-mas

Maybe sometime in January?

I have never heard of that band... Will have to check into them.

I've been out of the jazz scene awhile. I really want to get back into playing or singing jazz again. It is soooooooooooooooo much fun. I used to play quite a bit back in the day yo....

cwm11.gif

I'm a big fan of dancing period smile.gif

I have never been swing dancing, but I have taken some salsa lessons and they are so much fun. I'm not bad..but not the best yet.. smile.gif My parents are really good, so they try and teach me a thing or 2 as well...

I would def try swing.. smile.gif

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

my best friend melichacha got me into a swing phase at one time......its fun smile.gif i took a couple lessons

True that... I compete in swing with my college... it's fun stuff.. Since Louisiana's closed down I reccommend Swing 46 and the Supper Club if y'all want to go!

cwm16.gif - Meli - cwm16.gif

------------------

0273.thm.gif

Originally posted by Bubbette:

I would like to go more often. There is also The Supper Club, and Parade on Mondays----look up on Citysearch.com. It's a lot of fun. I take lessons at <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.sandracameron.com" TARGET=_blank>www.sandracameron.com</A>

Do you do retro, east coast, west coast, or Lindy?

cwm9.gif - Meli -

------------------

0273.thm.gif