Clubplanet Nightlife Community

something that is bothering me

now i have been going out for years... i too am a big fan of house.. but face it people having a mix of music is what people want over all

for example (not talking bad about any particular club)

not that i was down the shore alot.. but i heard my share

merge for the most part was slow compared to past summers...

tempts the same thing

however djais and XS were packed

most club owners would love to play all hard house cause its what they like.. but when it comes down to it... you have to accomodate over all

stop nitpicking

now i have been going out for years... i too am a big fan of house.. but face it people having a mix of music is what people want over all

for example (not talking bad about any particular club)

not that i was down the shore alot.. but i heard my share

merge for the most part was slow compared to past summers...

tempts the same thing

however djais and XS were packed

most club owners would love to play all hard house cause its what they like.. but when it comes down to it... you have to accomodate over all

stop nitpicking

Hard House?

;)

...is this a pitch for more hip hop and reggae??.....it's tough that new jersey is still stuck on the hard, progressive sound......but it's almost understandable when you consider the realities of nightlife here: 1) because clubs shut down early, the night is short and needs to be jampacked with vibe and 2) because of the distance between most clubs, one cant really bounce like you can in nyc....so youre usually stuck in one place for a short amount of time....tough circumstances....esp for the dj and owner....you have to keep people coming back....most club patrons in nj do not expand and go to the little lounges in nyc but rather stick to the bigger venues that play a similar sound....it's a vicious cycle that's been going on for years.......

[/mindless babble]

well said...

just wish that jersey had at least 1 friggin venue that would do house all the time and actually bring in some f'n talent...why cant jersey have a Sullivan Room??? that place is mad fucking low key and they pack the shit outa it every week....u dont hear them promoting on KTU and shit :rolleyes: whats so hard about having a small place that caters to a small part of the community that actually likes house....

god....the days of zanzibar in newark w/ tony humphries are so long gone :(

olllld school

well said...

just wish that jersey had at least 1 friggin venue that would do house all the time and actually bring in some f'n talent...why cant jersey have a Sullivan Room??? that place is mad fucking low key and they pack the shit outa it every week....u dont hear them promoting on KTU and shit :rolleyes: whats so hard about having a small place that caters to a small part of the community that actually likes house....

god....the days of zanzibar in newark w/ tony humphries are so long gone :(

olllld school

you PUNK hahaha

you already know where to fine that element

hit me up kiddo

and yes

AMEN to the last post

I dunno down by me Trenton area it seems for the most part they play rap and r&b and then go and play some "club" music, as you said earlier. (Dont take club to litterally) Not to mention the DJ's suck down here. I mean last night at one club the cd skipped and ohh it was bad, one time at another club the power went out. People i find owners and DJ's as crappy as they are dont think beyond where they should. Id make sure all my shit worked before hand. I just wish I could see Tiesto live....