Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In Case You missed the Aquabooty Event

b-side

:type: First I must say each is entitled to his own opinion, which is why I’m posting my review separately.

Arrive in Hollywood which is not far from where I live, so it’s refreshing to find a REAL NICE club in Ft. Lauderdale.

………………………………………………………………….Most of the others have failed… (Eden / Moscow / etc…)

Parking was only $5 for Valet service…. $10 for VIP Valet… (good deal and cool guy)

:D Although I felt like I was in Downtown Disney / some off Vegas Strip of half Pseudo-Clubs…

I walk up to the rope and received no negative vibes from the doorman

…… (which is rare because of my physical appearance, and I don’t think he knew who I was / what I do)

So I was pleased to enter rather quickly at no charge…. Early on I believe there was some type of drink special because I only paid $22 for three drinks and one of which was a L.I.T. (the other two were Grey Bulls)

I opened a tab and began to pick the bartenders brain about the venue.

I walk around Gryphon and was pleased to notice the impeccable sound system, the level was almost perfect from every point in the room. Far better than I expected, and just at the right volume for the number of people. Not many people were there yet.. I believe the Booty Bus arrived shortly after / around midnight because the place quickly became packed. The sound in the Pangaea room was actually a little warmer and seemed to have a better vibe for the earlier part of the night… For some reason drinks there were more expensive as a friend found out the hard way… I tend to pick a good bar-tender early and stick with that person if they are good…

I suggest start off with a good tip and you’ll get better service each time you go back (this works everywhere, esp in Latin America).

I didn’t care much for the T&A approach they took by choosing an attractive female DJ who could not mix to save her life.

I’m entitled to be very critical DJ-ing is not only my forte’…. it’s my Life! SO keep the BOOBS w/ train wrecks off the decks!!!

I quickly ran back to the other room to hear the rest of Edwin (DHM’s) set… which was a perfect warm-up for Wyatt.

However on the way though the semi-maze I did see a lot of unusual clubbers.. it was like I was in Vegas where old gamblers get dressed up looking for action, which was not hard to find even before the bus arrived.

Passing around the club I noticed a few old Booty fiends (Aquabooty clientele that I have not seen in a while)

Bumped into King Britt who was literally chillin’ like a villan (or a fly on the wall), invited him to chill with a few friends after we caught up on old times, and latest news. FYI Digable Planets actually did get back together and are touring Europe right now, King said he was actually to busy for them now (which I’m both glad & sad to hear). He did mention he was in town making preparations for WMC (great news), and Wyatt & the Aquabooty crew invited him out. After buying a few more drinks for Britt and my crew, I could not hold it any longer and had to hit the dancefloor when I heard “Days Like This†pumping though the system..

Midway though the night the true “house heads could be spotted easier because the DJ in Pangaea began playing hip-hop, as I expected; which was actually better for the venue (you should never have two rooms with the same exact BPM range (esp of the same style) I appreciated the extra room on the dance-floor and took full advantage of it dancing carelessly with some of the hottest women in the club. And there were quite a few “drop dead gorgeous women†who had a great vibe and were not afraid to socialize. I also meet some of the management and was happy to discuss some suggestions and proposals.

:drunk: After almost 3 & ½ hours of Dancin’ like a fool I took a break and then realized that DHM was back on the decks… and hten realized that the Booty Bus must have left with most of the clientele. A super smooth transition for Wyatt (entering & exiting) the decks. I didn’t leave until the last beat was heard and I had an awesome time… However I admit it would have never been as enjoyable if Aquabooty did not set this up…

>>>> Thanks Joe, Tomas, & DHM crew..

:) Pro’s:

New venue w/ cool staff

Awesome sound system (esp. in Gryphon, Funktion-1, that did not make my ears bleed when cranked up)

Many Beautiful women !!!!

Wyatt @ AQUABOOTY !!!

Partying with old friends and fans,

:( Con’s

Not enough female staff (IMO),

Weird mix of clientele (w/ a few oversized Barfly’s)

DJ booth way too high in the Air (in both rooms)

VIP bottle service was illogically pricey

Female DJ in Pangaea didn’t mix & the second DJ had to work extra hard! (AB should have controlled both rooms)

On another note:

Some may say that Dance clubs in Broward won’t work but once LP does his thing @ Hard Rock it will definitely have an affect on the other clubs, and will be greatly appreciated by Broward & Palm Beach…

Phillipio.... Don't :banghead: but you missed a Great Night...

The crowd was larger than when he played at State and the Vibe was even better!