Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cell Providers..

I have T-Mobile atm. The signal strength is good everywhere I have been since they recently performed a bunch of service upgds in the NYC area. Although I do get more than a what I believe is a fair share of dropped calls.

• Cingular (after merging with AT&T) Has the largest network in the country.
  • Sprint will be merging with Nextel within the Fiscal year. (Im sure service will get better once they figure out how to merge the proprietary technology Nextel uses with the technology all other Major Carriers (sprint) uses
  • Verizon has really good service out doors, but poor indoor service thought out scattered areas of the outter boroughs. Its pretty pricey too.

which is best? which do you have? NO NEXTEL.

Thanks,

Between Cellphones Guy

nextel is expensive unless you're on the phone a lot and you get the free incoming minutes deal... then it actually works out to your advantage...

supposedly verizon is the best... who knows though... i have nextel and im pretty satisfied with the service, the phone is a piece of shit though... do not get the i730!!!! im hoping this merge with sprint comes soon though...

first service i ever had was att and it was absolutely terrible. never again i don't care who they merged with.

have had verizon for the past 3 yrs and have been extremely happy. very rarely get dropped calls, get reception everywhere even out in the sticks.

i HAD Nextel for about three yrs. My plan was so ancient they didn't even have it in their system anymore. I wanted to change it to the free incoming plan but then I would have to extend my contract for another two years. HELL NO!

I live in a deadzone...I don't get any reception except from ATT/Cingular and Sprint. I went with Sprint. (this was before I knew they were merging with Nextel) Their phone service is excellent and I have no complaints. Besides you get a credit for dropped calls. The only thing I have a problem with right now is I'm not receiving text msgs from other Sprint customers. Maybe there's something wrong w/ my phone and not the serivce because they seem to get my text msgs w/o a problem. I have the Sanyo VM4500 video phone and I'm really happy with it. Battery life is EXCELLENT! It has the 'Ready Link' feature which is their version of Nextel's 'Direct Connect'. The only thing is it takes about 10 seconds or so for the other person to get the 'doot doot'. I don't even use it. What's the point...calling would be faster. So I hope they merge ASAP!