Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S&D Review

Missdiva19 & I got there at 4...till bout 6 I thought the muzik was tooooo slow and dark....Digweedish. Don't get me wrong it was phat but not fast enuff to dance to (for me at least). Those deep dark beats are great for chillin out after the club. At 6 it got faster harder... awesome! I danced my sober ass off!...had a great time.

Daphna cwm9.gif

Well after wrangling up the troops and finally getting to TWILO around 4:30 after our pit stops all over the city we were WELCOMED BY THE ALWAYS enormous line of S&D lovers. Lucky for us I had 2 of the guys from JIVE Records with me and after that cutey lil door guy took some of our business cards the line was not a issue. BTW I thought I was going to be like one of the only people to bring stuff for the can food drive. BRAVO PEOPLE there was a good amount of good people around last night that brought stuff. WHO says that club kids don't care? Any how so we get inside and after almost knockign out that rope bitch ANA for hassling us to get by the booth Diggers came over and grabbed us and pulled us through DRAMA cwm25.gif . And for anyone THAT REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY like that Real World track he played That my friends is the New DJ CORBETT named THE REAL WORLD with mixes by ABE DUQUE coming out on Vinyl only in about 3-4 weeks. I had a great time the music the VIBE and people were great as usual. There is something great about when a crowd screams everytime they recognize a song or are just feeling the DJ. cwm4.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

A lot of people are missing the point. The tracks don't have to be fast and hard to be good no matter what time it is. It's all about the journey. Diggers is the master of that. No doubt he took me there this morning. We're blessed to get these cats to spin for us every single month for atleast 8 hours. I swear, they come with a different style every month. That's what I call keepin' it fresh. Oakie needs to take some notes on how to freshen up his sets...

Originally posted by Nolimit:

It's all about the journey. Diggers is the master of that. No doubt he took me there this morning. We're blessed to get these cats to spin for us every single month for atleast 8 hours. I swear, they come with a different style every month. That's what I call keepin' it fresh.

you guys out in nyc are really damned lucky!!! i miss my twilo days soooooooooooo much. at the end of every month i get so excited and then all down cos i realize i'm no longer living in new york.

but i'll hopefully be back in may!!!

we were lucky over here in la to hear digweed spin for his new gu cd. i totally felt it but it's not the same as when he spins at twilo cos his sets are longer and you just feel the energy build up throughout the night.

------------------

dancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gif

[This message has been edited by msbobois (edited 11-25-2000).]