Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ministry of Sound to open club in the US. What do you think?

dont forgt when MINISTRY OF SOUNDS first opened up larry levan help with the sound and even played there. Also the first residents were TONY HUMPHEIES. And long b4 all those stupid compilations cheesy things they release now. They once had the best of the best do their compilations. #1 TONY HUMPHRIES,,#2 PAUL OAKENFOLD(when he still played house)#3 C%C MUSIC FACTORY, #4- icant remember lol, #5 MASTERS AT WORK, #6- i cant remember, #7 DAVID MORALES,#8- TODD TERRY, # 9 ERICK MORILLO, #10 THE MAGIC SESSIONS- LOUIE VEGA, TONY HUMPHRIES, TEDD PATTERSON, #11 SUBLIMINAL SESSIONS- ERICK MORILLO, HARRY ROMERO, JOSE NUNEZ. These are the only ones i own so i dont know who orwhat came after buti know how much they changed in thier releases afterwards. So ifit were to come to NYC im all for it, cause no matter what direction it decides to go to at least its a plus in the city. As much as i would love it to be a HOUSE thingy that doesnt mean i wouldnt be happy if it were focused on only trance or techno, cause this way at least we all can be happy as well. Or maybe even make a night for everyone.

MoS in London, despite being a tourist trap, brings in quality talent on occasion like Erick Morillo, Smokin Jo, Louie Vega etc. It's also got the second best sound system in London. Not my favorite place though. The crowd there is the UK equivalent to the Webster Hall crowd. The club was THE place to go, about 10 years ago, but not anymore mainly due to management going commercial and targetting a a mainstream crowd. I wouldn't assume MoS in London and any club they set up in the states would necessaily be similar.