Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Big dance floors can't catch a vibe

EXIT is a perfect example,,, I was checking it out last night

the energy of the mainfloor just dissipates--it being so big

then go to the New Room--off the hook, lots of energy, people stomping, hollering, dancing all over--having a great time

Ideal mainfloor spaces: twilo, vynil, etc

could be that the crowd at exit isn't so great, either . . . if you threw different people on the main floor, and switched the djs, maybe the vibe would be different. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM loves2cox

Originally posted by goclick:

that's true,,,I want to see that place tested by someone like a DT or Cox--would be interesting to see how it goes

Prolly wouldnt happen due to management. Crowd change would be dramatic too. Dont see it mixing well.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

big floors definetly can have a vibe, even exit

i was there for tarantella and redanka in march and the nrg an vibe were amazing. easily the best nite i ever had there, as most of the others werent' too good. but that night the main floor was still goign strong at 7 which was a shock to me from what i'm used to at that place

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use"

-Soren Kierkegaard

hmr3.gif

ok, a big room like Exit can definitely catch a vibe, but it has to be an extremely good event and dj for it to happen....

on a regular night like Sats right now, much harder

ex, Mundy plays both the mainfloor( sometimes) and new room...in the new room, he more easily turns it out

I was thinking about that if the threw all of the crappy Djs at exit and put some talent like DT or S&D ..then of coarse get all the assholes there out and the crowd and vibe from Vinyl and Twilo in...can't front that place would be Phat....and take out some of the lights at exit too...my $.02

------------------

You only have one Life...live it up!

ive had nights at exit where the vibe was good and people were cheering, and the tunnel has a big floor and people were going nuts there on halloween

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

TWILO!

'nuff said

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Day is gone I'm on my back Staring up at the ceiling I take a drink sit back- relax, Smoke my mind makes me feel better for a short time What I want is what I've not got What I need is all around me"

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Centeral Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

love.jpg

Originally posted by rims99:

I was thinking about that if the threw all of the crappy Djs at exit and put some talent like DT or S&D ..then of coarse get all the assholes there out and the crowd and vibe from Vinyl and Twilo in...can't front that place would be Phat....and take out some of the lights at exit too...my $.02

OMG I couldn't even imagine if you got all the Vinyl and Twilo headz in one giant space, with a lineup of PVD, Cox, S&D, DT, bring in Lawler, Deep Dish, P&Q, have Howells start off the night. One weekend and one weekend only, that would be the party of a lifetime

Can you say Holy Shit?!?!?

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

hey just my dolla's worth, i had a lot of fun at Exit, which makes me even more excited to see what twilo/vinyl is like, since a lot of people seem to think the crowds are better. anyways, big spaces can definitely catch a vibe, my friend went to rome last year for a few months, she told me about this place, i forget the name but i'll ask, i think it's something like Piztachio, or something, and it's one HUGE building, with like 20-something little clubs in there, and you can move from one to the next, fawkin crazy!! and she said the vibe was very cool and a very interesting way of doing things. hope you guys continue to have good clubbin experiences, lord know i'm tryin to!

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

Big floors can have HUGE vibes, for eg I was at a rave with 8000 of my closest friends and it was at the Sydney superdome (where they had the gymnastics and bball finals during the olympics)....absolutely massive awesome vibe! It does need to be a full dance floor and the right crowd but bigger can def be better cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by brandie:

could be that the crowd at exit isn't so great, either . . . if you threw different people on the main floor, and switched the djs, maybe the vibe would be different. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

I totally agree -- the vibe is the best part of Twilo, at least...

- Meli -

cwm7.gifcwm7.gif

------------------

0273.thm.gif

Originally posted by schwingep:

OMG I couldn't even imagine if you got all the Vinyl and Twilo headz in one giant space, with a lineup of PVD, Cox, S&D, DT, bring in Lawler, Deep Dish, P&Q, have Howells start off the night. One weekend and one weekend only, that would be the party of a lifetime

Can you say Holy Shit?!?!?

- Pete

cool.gif

seriously pete that would be unreal. to make it like a festival for a couple days and bring in just all these amazing dj's like you named. and w/ the size of exit, and quality of lights and system it would be unreal

let do it

biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

Sorry guys I like Exit just the way it is, no need to change it at all, i dont want it to be changed anyways. cwm22.gif

i agree

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

Sorry guys I like Exit just the way it is, no need to change it at all, i dont want it to be changed anyways. cwm22.gif

I gotta agree with you too... I like Exit....cause it's Exit. I wouldn't want ever club in the city to be just like Twilo. I would hate it. I also wouldn't want every club in the city to be just like Exit. I would hate it. I like going to different clubs, to see different kinds of people with different kinds of DJs and different kinds of feels to them.

Karch

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

Like a friend of mine said to me the other day Exit is just too big, that's what hurts it. Theirs no way for the whole floor to get one vibe but... Around like 6 or later after it clears a little and the drinking crowd has left you can create little mini vibes like the one we had going a week before this sat. It was like 6:30 and like 300 people or so were invlolved that made a big circle and heads were taking turns puting on light shows with strings and what not, it was pretty cool. Aside from that you gotta claim a little area in that giant place and make the best of it. Did someone say Roxy fridays?

Rich