Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Share your Napster Tips and Tricks...

DaVe

Thought it would be interesting to see how people use Napster and also to see if we can share any tips and tricks we have to find music on Napster.

Here's some of my tips and tricks for finding new music:

- Just search for "mix" or "remix" in the title and see what comes back. You can find some interesting tracks this way. Also, searching for "live" can turn up some good bootleg stuff.

- Look on CDnow and Amazon at new releases in different genres and listen to samples there. Then, download the albums/tracks you like from Napster.

- Look at amazon.co.uk for artists you like to see if there are any import singles, mixes, or bonus tracks that are not available on the US release.

- Go to billboard.com and look at the Top 20 Dance/Club charts and download all tracks from there.

- Once I find a user with a good mix, add them to my hotlist and see what else they have. I've found a ton of great stuff this way.

Anyone else have any good tips?

I just bought a 10GB MP3 player that holds over 600 hours of music and I need to fill it up. smile.gif

------------------

- DaVe

dave@clubplanet.com

clubplanet.com - nightlifestyle™

This is a given, but if you cannot find what you want, disconnect and reconnect several times and search several times. Some people dont realize every time you connect, you are linked to a dif pool of music.

Ive had to do it several times to find rare tracks but it always works.

-- Nother comment, if you have the ability to share your system as a web server or upload your music, say so. Once I get my web server up, eventually when im not busy, Ill be glad to share whatever I have.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

pretty obvious, kinda goes what with someone said above but if your bored just type the words "trance" or "rave" and sometimes some pretty interesting tracks come up.

Also, typing in the names of clubs like 1015, gatecrasher, slinky, home, MOS, Renaissance and Cream bring up some pretty cool live mixes.

[This message has been edited by dv8 (edited 11-26-2000).]

Hey Guys, this is for all of you who is tired of napster. I am running an f-serv on IRC, its on 24/7 and its on T1 line. I Have a lot of latest Eurodance, Trance and House. Also Dj sets . Latest set is from Judge Jules - Live At Media Nottingham 17-11-00. its about 170 min long smile.gif

Go to Undernet, channel #mp3dance. they have about 20 servers running there, mine is @tolyk.

have fun

Get napigator ,like Gonzo said,

if don't already have it

-sort servers by file size & try to connect to the servers towards the end of the list ... even though theres ?'s there you can still connect to a few, for instance I usally log on to the Green , Tribal or Beat servers ...

- Also try searching for keywords like:

bmi, pow, ego, techy, DJ008, rns ...

these are "crews" that ripp most of the good dance shit thats on the et ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

I had to take a break from napster until I get a bigger HDD for my desktop at home. Fillin' it up too much, no space. I've heard of the napigator... that good, huh? Cool...

I agree with Claudio, re-loggin in works great for getting additional music potential... I've done searches under just 'dj' and came up with some good ones. cwm12.gif