Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did NE1 else get stuck on the mezzanine @ Oakie?

I had my heart set on meeting up with all of the CNYC members. Unfortunately, Hammerstein security pooped on my parade. I recalled someone here mentioning that mezzanine dwellers would be allowed on the floor after all. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case. To add insult to injury, the coat room was overfilled. Everyone who arrived near midnight, was forced to lug their coats around the entire night. While I'm sure the vibe was great on the floor, upstairs resembled a Brittney Spears concert. It was clear that the entire thing was about $ and little else. The Hammersein people crammed so many chairs into the mezzanine that people on the outer thirds of each row not only didn't have room to dance, but didn't have room for their feet. Some people actually had to sit with their knees to their chests!

While I love Oakie (even if his short "set" was predictable), I feel nothing but negativity towards the people who organized the show. Booooooooo! Hsssssssssssss! cwm10.gif

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

Originally posted by imaqtxoxo:

I agree totally with the disappointment of things not being in order but I had a great time after the 45 min wait to check our coats. It was total mayhem down there!! I thought I was going to be spending my night there......thank God I was able to check my coat just in time to get upstairs and see Oakie come out on stage. I danced all night and didn't want to even leave when it was over. Its been such a long time, you know, I didn't want the party to end but ALL GOOD things must come to an end frown.gif

Translucent::

I'm sorry to hear that you had to stay upstairs....that sucks!! We had tickets also for the mezzaine but I spoke to one of the guys at the stairs and he let us in on the dance floor. Upstairs wouldn't have been that bad if there was a coat check. That was my reason for coming down and trying to bargain with the guy......I'm glad he was understanding!

~~peacepeace~~

I'm glad to hear that you made it downstairs. I guess I probably should have tried more security guards. The three that I did try to reason with wouldn't budge.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

they also over sold the floor

or atleast alot more then usual, i have been there many times for rock concerts and the floor is never jammed all the way to the back like it was for oakie.. it was hard to find room to dance on the floor. i eneded dancing back by the bar..

------------------

*WEBSTER HALL SATS* grand opening this saturday, 19+ w/ Brutal Bill. For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

I hear you. I was able to check my coat in after waiting and being pushed around in a violent crowd for 1 hour.

The security started yelling at everyone to step back. I have never seen such madness going on in all the time I have been partying. It was very un-organized! If there is going to be such a huge event there should be better planning.

Your right it was all about the $$$$$$$$.

cwm25.gif

------------------

The music makes the people come together...

I agree totally with the disappointment of things not being in order but I had a great time after the 45 min wait to check our coats. It was total mayhem down there!! I thought I was going to be spending my night there......thank God I was able to check my coat just in time to get upstairs and see Oakie come out on stage. I danced all night and didn't want to even leave when it was over. Its been such a long time, you know, I didn't want the party to end but ALL GOOD things must come to an end frown.gif

Translucent::

I'm sorry to hear that you had to stay upstairs....that sucks!! We had tickets also for the mezzaine but I spoke to one of the guys at the stairs and he let us in on the dance floor. Upstairs wouldn't have been that bad if there was a coat check. That was my reason for coming down and trying to bargain with the guy......I'm glad he was understanding!

~~peacepeace~~

------------------

www.djcentral.com