Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Needing London tips for this weekend...

Travelling to London this weekend... We're all set to hit MOS for Oakenfold on Friday, but could use tips for Thurs, Sat, and Sunday. Our favorite club in NYC is Twilo... Anywhere over there that compares to Twilo's wonderfully open and mixed Saturday crowd? Anything we should know about London club culture (substances, dress, etc) compared to NYC?

saturday night, i reckon you'll love freedom at bagley's studios - it's around the back of king's cross railway station - it's a little bit of a walk up york road. starts at 11pm - lots of rooms (all playing hard house/trance stuff) unbelievable atmosphere - i was there a couple of weeks ago and had an incredible time. the search can be extremely tight so be careful.

------------------

And they tell me that women grow on trees

And if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

first off...fuck MOS...the place is small, commercial and wack. i was in london for 6 months and went everywhere 5 times over. if you are going to london. friday night you MUST go to THE FRIDGE. unreal music, and the place is a sight to be seen. totally unreal. best place i have ever been to. its in a semit shitty area, but its right off the tube. so much fun. saturday night if you like twilo you surely will like HOME. its pretty crowded. you say oakey is playin MOS friday night? that sounds weird. he never plays there. his residency is at home on sat nights. AND WHATEVER YOU DO!! do not go to bagleys,,,that place sucks. its like a couple big rooms with usually weak DJ's..anbyway,,,i will give you more info if you want..later.

------------------

DANCE LIKE THERE'S NO ONE WATCHING

Sorry to say but MOS is done. Only the tourists go there. Very cheesy to say the least.

One club to hit when you're there is FABRIC. The Twilo club of England. You can also check out HOME and see who is playing there this weekend. However, they close pretty early. Something like 3am. Steve Lawler is one of the many residents there.

if you want a more pounding music night (not that freedom won't be pounding) but if you want some serious techno then i recommend that you check out club414 in brixton - it's the home of chris liberator and the other liberator djs - serious acid techno etc. it's open friday and saturday night although saturday is better for this kind of stuff.

------------------

And they tell me that women grow on trees

And if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

the ministry has its moments, oakie is an arrogant cunt and fits right in there! he quit his residency at home about 6 months ago, home this saturday night has danny tenaglia which i guess may be a bit pointless if you are from new york but then again i would love to come over and see sasha at twilo so maybe youd still love it, home is quite small but can be really really fantastic! unfortuntely you are coming the wrong week, next week and you could have seen digweed at his own club bedrock but that is once a month so thursday i suggest you try home (especially if you are not going to go on saturday) just to go there, its a bit alternative but cheap and the soundsystem is amazing!

basically id suggest trying home thursday, ministry friday and home/fabric saturday. ctually i think i would go to home on friday for lawler and satoshi tomiie but if ministry is a must for you then so be it.

pm me if you want any more info!

Matt

Nobody mentioned the End in London

Heres the best advice, F?uck off London go out in Birmigham, Liverpool, shefield or Leeds.

People havent got a clue how to party in London wink.gif Seriousley the best nights in England are out of London.

Try

The Que Club in Birmingham, looks quiet a bit like the old Limelight in NY.

Miss Moneypennies.

Chuff Chuff.

The Cannal Club in Wolverhampton (very dressy).

Back2Basics in Leeds (small but quality).

Orbit - morley (techno mecca)

gatecrasher or Bed in Sheffield.

Bugged out @ Nation (cream) in Liverpool.

Tall Tree's in Yarn.

And remember as a general rule, the further northg you go in England, the freindlier the people and the harder the party.

Originally posted by bettypushing:

yeah, the ORBIT sehrcool.gif !!!!!

has anyone been there on Sat. with Sven Vath + Thomas Krome?!?! it had to be AMAZING phatt!! bounce.gif

bounce.gif

maedchen.gif

Oh yes, i lived just down the road so we went quiet often.. Svens first residency, and a great club. London this London that... nah mate, your missing the point England is great for clubbing not London smile.gif

Mattsta - going to be at bedrock next thurs - give us somewhere & a time to meet up with you and say hi...

[b2B: bloody hell! Morley?? really? I've been out of it too long. last time I was in Morley was in 1989 (used to go out with bloke from Gildersome)]