Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TSUNAMI BENEFIT review at "SPIRIT"

When i walked in tehre at 8pmish WILLIE GRAFF n NICHOLAS MATAR (cielo residents)were playing great stuff but to only a small crowd. Nice meeting ya tayama. Me and some peeps were enjoying their set next thing ya know it was aroud 930 and over. Then JOHNNY DYNELL(i think hes from motherfucker) came on and played a great old school dance song to begin his set with. But then pesornall i think he killed the vibe that was gowing slowy with what someone told me was almost like "CIRCUIT MUSIC" After him JEANNIE HOPPER(liquid sound lounge) came on and aplyed adecent set. And the crowd did pick up around that time sincce mostly everyone really came to hear th BODY N SOUL djs from 11pm on. But she was good and when DANNY KRIVIT came on the place erupted most of the people were the 718 session crowd the bodyn soul crowd so it was basically "FAMILY". Amazing stuf from danny k and then FRANCOIS K takes over for a bit and does his thing and the crowd was loving it, JOE CLAUSSEL is next and now its on turing those knob playing those beats. And from 11pm ill 130am then altrnated between the 3 while the whole club was dancing non stop. BEST MUSIC BEST CROWD.

My fave song that DANNY KRIVIT played which i hope to get one day was SOUL CREATION vs GMENA feat TYRAH J "ITS YOUR LIFE" i belive its a DANNY KRIVIT EDIT. That is a huge 718 sessions anthem. Fave song from francios i beieve was all of them lol even the techno he played for abit was insane think back to PS1. JOE CLAUSSELL made my night by playing STEVIE WONDER "ANOTHER STAR".

So after BODY N SOUL a big changed happend PETER RAUHEFER came on next and the crowd changed and left while others walked in. At this point im wondering where is hector and junior v. So i find out that JUNIOR V decided not to show up, and personally ive liked and respected junior for a long time but i think him not showing up for this was very very fucked up. As for PETER well it wasnt my cup of tea. And iw ouldnt have left if it was for hector plaing afterwards.

So finally peter is off and HECTOR comes on but for the first 20mins or so hes playing a very ELECTRO sounding set so far i havent been able to get into that sound. So i was jsut bpping aroundabit but eventually he switched it up and threw down a banging house set with DANNY "BUDDAH" MOREAS playing around with the knobs as well. Hector played to abouta small crowdof 30 i believe and they were all loving it jumin scremaing and clappin there hands off and dancing their legs off till the last record at 4:12AM.. Great times for me indeed.Got to give respect to CIELO for making this happen and to everyone involve couldve been a higher attendance. But BODY N SOUL makes it all worth it and it was for a good cause as well. Now on to the next party THURS , CANAL ROOM BABY.

we got there round 11...i was lovin Claussel's,Krivit's, & Francois's set...they had me dancing the whole time...good vibes...lots of familiar faces from B&S, 718, Shelter house heads...vibin....until the other DJs spun... crowd changed...and i didn't like the music they were playin.....the end.

ha and people still follow junior v......lost all respect for him just now...

nice review gabe, clausel must have been amazing!

truly that is messed up that Junior didnt show and i don't know the reasons why but come deep for you as a dj to say you have lost all respect for the man because of this incident just isnt right...it was upsetting but Junior is a Pioneer of house music and thats something you cant take away.Gabe Glad you had a good time !!!!

truly that is messed up that Junior didnt show and i don't know the reasons why but come deep for you as a dj to say you have lost all respect for the man because of this incident just isnt right...it was upsetting but Junior is a Pioneer of house music and thats something you cant take away.Gabe Glad you had a good time !!!!

most def. cant take anything away from the man, hes most def. a pioneer, but as far as going to see him anymore, i'll pass. hes dissapointed me more than 4x last year....hes loosing his edge and hes alienating his fans....

i am sorry you feel that way i dunno your kinda right i mean the people i go to hear junior with, and some of the people that are there i have known for quit a few years and i guess when that vibe and energy and that relationship with the dj from the dancefloor u can just feel it i dont care gay or straight.everyone needs to come together.i see the kids with there private parties buying there grey goose,acting like they scared to be there but there there and its late or early or night ot whatever.we dont bite...were not pervs..welll most of us lol.if you had the chance to download juniors world u canno t deny he isnt awesome!! and the dudes like what 59? thats what chuancy says?If you Were at the MLK party @ Spirit i garuntee you would have had a good time.true with junior its a chance but if you get the bitch on a good night it shows.People shout and Cheer JUNIOR JUNIOR stomp there feets clap there hands whistle sometimes he will make us wait than hit us with something crzy or sometimes the party will be over.but i dunno get to a junior party ill be going feb21st for presidents day.more than happy to meet up witt u.hes been alot better dancing and singing in the booth.i have no freakin clue what i just typed but it is true lol...lol

great review!!

i was wondering how it was.

no way i could do a weeknight out like that. gotta work too early.

as for jr being a no show. something told me he wasn't gonna be there.

don't really care why he wasn't here.

would have liked to hear rauhofer live.

never have but have a couple of his live at the roxy cd's and loved em.