Clubplanet Nightlife Community

iPOD users--help!

lifeismusic

yep...that's the only way...that's why i aint' getting no ipod...

i can't delete files from the ipod, it has to be done through itunes...sucks...

and if my controls on the face breaks, i'm screw...i would rather have a remote on the earphones...my opinion

as far as the ipods, i recommend a combination of software programs:

first, itunes. itunes is good for viewing and playing the songs currently on your ipod. it is also very good and easy at allowing you to edit the song name, artist, album, etc. of the songs on the ipod.

second, vpod (http://www.vonnieda.org/vPod/). vpod is a small and very simple program for allowing you to transfer songs to your ipod from your computer but it only allows you to transfers to the ipod not from the ipod to your computer. itunes will allow you to transfer songs to the ipod also but this program is easier and more straight forward to use. third, ipod agent

(http://www.ipodsoft.com/softwaredetail.aspx?sid=1#moreinfo). ipod agent allows you to transfer the songs from your ipod to your computer. if you transfer your songs to your ipod at home and then want to transfer them to your work computer and vice versa, this is the program to use. it also includes features like weather, horoscope, local movie times. all you have to do is sync once a day and it automatically downloads all the information to your ipod which you can view later on.

lastly, there is a program called anapod (http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/). this software allows you to

do all the things the previous three do in one software package but the

program costs 30 dollars. it can transfer songs both ways, to and from

ipod and allows you to view and organize all the songs.

i have a problem when i play dj mix tapes. usually when i listen to them there is no pause between tracks.

but on itunes and my ipod, there is a second pause between the tracks.

i tried to fix this with the crossfade playback in preferences, but it hasnt fixed it..anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

yea, i was listening to a mix cd today that i loaded on the pod. unfortunately, because it has to load it up track by track, i can't play it straight through without the second pause. that's the way it loads into the pod, where as if you play your cd in a player, it won't do that. they haven't constructed mix cd's that way.....yet :biggrin:

what will they think of next! :bowdown:

leasing the actual musician to follow you around... yeah its true, i just made it up... by the year 2008 youll be able to lease your favourite musicians for just a few dollars... only thing that sucks is, you have to pay for their tokens, and or gas... they wont chip in on those long commutes... oh well better than ipods and irivers and etc...