Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Song ID from Oakey in NY

Originally posted by pintu:

The last song was "Come with me" its his own creation thats why he plays it last.

By the way were kind of disappointed that he only played 2 hours.

Pintu

You sure about that?

There's a song called "The Prophet" by CJ Bolland and in that song has that phrase "come with me".

------------------

get bizzy with the fizzy baby...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Yeah, CJ Bolland's "The Prophet"

i think Oakie has played it in every single set he has had in NY, and almost always closes with it

IMO Oakie is losing what he had, he is playing the same stuff he was 2 years ago. Music has changed since then, but Oakie hasn't, so he lost his popularity. I think he can't let go of his Resident days.....

Dima

Yo Diman, i have to disagree with you about Oakie's popularity. He's getting huge success in the US, cause y'know trance music is already big here. but that's the thing, every time he performs here he doesn't spin more than 3 hours, about 2,5 hours only,i don't know why. The situation is completely different in europe, where he plays for quite long time ans experiments more on the decks. and nothing wrong that he plays oldies here, cause PVD, S & D etc play that stuff as well. Probably oakie doesn't quite understands the crowd here, its not similar to the one abroad, and he's got his own views and sights on US, but still he's Oakenfold and we should admire the Master.