Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**Music Thread** -- Sasha and Digweed

myrlin

1) What would you consider the top 5 songs they have played in the last 6 months, either seperately or together. If there are multiple mixes, please state which one.

2) Which is the best set you have seen them play this year (2000) Please include which venue and why it was so good.

Lets get the ball rolling. (pun intended) cwm29.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

Have no idea what any of the song titles are (just like everyone else!)

Best set, would have to be this past Friday, 11/24/2000. First off, it is the only one I can remember! 2nd, it was amazing! Stayed until 9:00am, I couldn't feel my legs anymore from dancing since 1:30am!!!!

I think that their best set was Halloween's. Last one was a little weird, with them taking turns and all, it was kind of going up and down (maybe it's just me). But the last one was the first time I closed'em, and what they played at the end was definitely awesome.

For a while when Sasha was playing between 4 and 6, it almost sounded like Jonathan Peters - kind of edgy and metallic. Or was I on crack?

No offense, but I think you were on crack. If Sasha dropped a 45 minute remix of Find Another Woman then I would say he sounded like Peters.

I thought S&D were both in top form on Friday. The past few months Diggers has been carrying the load but not this time. They were both on point.

My favorite set this year is between 3 nights - this Friday, the Friday before Memorial day and their Communicate release party.

best set of the year was 2 months ago, when diggs took us home from like 6 on, prolly one of the best sets i've ever heard...

best track i've heard all year from any dj is kosheen hide you, diggs' been caning it since the summer, no one else even seems to know it exists...

i really dig that mauna lau track too, sasha drops it from time to time. that shit is the future sound of trance, not candy but tight ass trance...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Top songs:

1. Kosheen- I'll Hide U

2. Saeed & Palash- Dooms Day

3. Lexicon Avenue- Midnight on West 27th street

4. Halo Varga - Future!

5. POB- Waah!

Best set:

This past Halloween...Digweed was bangin' from 2am til past 10am. Unfuckinbelievable.

------------------

it's a beautiful day...don't let it get away...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 11-28-2000).]

I'm terrible with song names......what I will say is that I think the set from about 7:30-10:45 AM this past Friday 11/24 was the best I've ever heard S&D collaborate on.....Diggers set at Halloween was ridiculous but this past Friday, Sasha led the way and Diggs filled in the gaps......they were both up and going, Sasha was still jumping around in the booth till closing.....that's the full S&D experience in my opinion......due to the fact that it's not two great DJs just happening to be DJing next to each other.....their a duo and one without the other is not the same to me......just my op though.

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Originally posted by tyco:

I'm terrible with song names......what I will say is that I think the set from about 7:30-10:45 AM this past Friday 11/24 was the best I've ever heard S&D collaborate on.....Diggers set at Halloween was ridiculous but this past Friday, Sasha led the way and Diggs filled in the gaps......they were both up and going, Sasha was still jumping around in the booth till closing.....that's the full S&D experience in my opinion......due to the fact that it's not two great DJs just happening to be DJing next to each other.....their a duo and one without the other is not the same to me......just my op though.

I hope everyone knows how lucky we are to have Sasha and Digweed playing together once a month. S&D very rarely play together anymore outside of Twilo. It is truely a unique experience for us. Lets hope it doesn't end anytime soon...