Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ECSTASY ON MTV!!!

cholo_40

Be sure to watch Dateline @ 8pm this Thursday for a special on Ecstasy.

And then following @ 10pm on MTV is the special... "I'm on Ecstasy"

Should be interesting to see what they get right and wrong about the drug and the scene...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

my best friend was telling me about that thing on mtv - she heard about it from her 13 year old sister . . . i'm def. gonna watch.

just like i sucked it up and watched dawsons for "THE RAVE" . . . i was shocked that the friday after that episode, i was standing in line outside Twilo and *so* many people were talking about it . . . even a group of guys standing in fornt of us . . . it's terrible what they do anymore . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

They are going to try to make it look like an epidemic, just like they did with crack in the late 80's. Its a reason for govt to pass more spending measures and local law enforcements to make more arrests.

------------------

Make love to yourself like no one is watching!!!

Yup..should be very interesting..I actually know some of the people who will be in the special...

I was asked to volunteer for it as well..but ya know..I just didn't want to be rolling in front of the whole world on tv.....

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

they had somethign on channel 5 news last night about e. asking kids in h.s. questions about e. one kid said e lasts 8 hours. shit i want a pill that lasts 8 hours i never get ones like that.

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

AOL J303J

I only wish neither network would even mention this topic... It'll only attract more and more attention (of the kind we dont want) to the whole clubber/raver/tehno scene...

Sad but True...

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

The media needs to villify something in order to make money off of it. Viewers in Middle America need to be outraged at some impending evil if they're to be torn away from watching their favorite fishing show or bowling tournament. The media's sensationalism over X is truly disturbing. Let's face it, we've seen this happen numerous times before. If it wasn't for W.R.Hearst's demonization of pot in the 1920's, it would still be legal. Before you know it, the public will be clamoring for mandatory jail sentences for possession of even a few pills.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

Originally posted by spreewell:

They are going to try to make it look like an epidemic, just like they did with crack in the late 80's. Its a reason for govt to pass more spending measures and local law enforcements to make more arrests.

Did you guys know that when MDMA was being classified, the judge recommended that it be classified as Class III substance (which is really not a big deal), but the DEA overlooked that and classified it as Class I, which is the worst?

Anyway, I bet that 99.9% of kids who watch this feature will want to try it. And they'll get bum pills, overdo it, fry themselves, etc.

Originally posted by resident:

Did you guys know that when MDMA was being classified, the judge recommended that it be classified as Class III substance (which is really not a big deal), but the DEA overlooked that and classified it as Class I, which is the worst?

Anyway, I bet that 99.9% of kids who watch this feature will want to try it. And they'll get bum pills, overdo it, fry themselves, etc.

Yep. The DEA needed legislation to give it ammo against new designer drugs that were popping up faster than they could be classified and deemed illegal. They used X as a scapegoat to get the legislation passed.

The DEA used the European media frenzy over rave deaths, conveniently omitting later findings that the deaths were attributed to overheating and were not a "direct" result of MDMA.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

You guys realize that everyone is treating ecstacy like the new crack right? The same way crack was treated in teh late 80's and early 90's....most likely the examples will be extreme cases, put forth as your typical ecstacy user.

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

how many times is dateline gonna run the same special, ive seen that one 2 times already, they just keep replaying it, i dont understand, the more this is on tv the more kids are gonna wanna try it and more bogus pills are gonna be produced. its like they advertise for a video game, they show all of these kids dancing and whiling out and they they speak for 5 minutes about the negatives, go figure

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

this is just going to be more of the same liberal media brainwash bullshit...

educate yourself and form your own opinion.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

not sure if i am gonna watch it

they are always so depressing to watch!

------------------

*WEBSTER HALL SATS* grand opening this saturday, 19+ w/ Brutal Bill. For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

Just think about it... In the 60's and 70's they tried to villify acid and lsd... remember timothy leary tune in, turn on , drop out!!! well just think, the people who basically are responsible for the massive technological revolution were all products of that era... Hmmmmmmm!!! what does that say our contribution as generation x will be to the future of our society?!?!?!?!?! cwm26.gif

Archived