Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KTU becoming like LIR???

Has anyone noticed ktu playing trance and prog. house trax that lir normally would play?? (such as tiesto's remix of delirium's "silence", london suede's "everything will flow", emma shaplin's "spente le stelle"...)

I have to admit, i'm upset about it cwm31.gif ... part of me wants to keep these songs as underground as they can be (which isn't that underground but y'all know what i mean..) and part of me is happy bc it's finally becoming known to other ppl what awesome music is really out there... but u kno we all hate when the radio plays out songs til they're dead... what's going on here?!?!

Any comments/opinions on this???

peace! --daniela

p.s. i go to school in r.i. so forgive me if this seems like an old topic!! smile.gif

------------------

"Ooh baby, I feel like the music sounds better with you..." luna.gif

I hate KTU. Everything they play turns to cheese. I think I heard Spente la stella like 9 times today. I honestly wish they wouldn't play songs like that on that station. Jeez, they got a hold of "I turn to you" and played it out like there is no tomorrow. I cant listen to that song without getting mad at the station.

------------------

xtc.jpg

...aND oN THaT NoTe, LeTS GeT BaCK To THe PRoGRaM...

i think ktu should stick to their britney spears, but i have no problem wit LIR i think they are doin a good job of gettin all the trax out there not just the heavily commercial ones.

------------------

*WEBSTER HALL SATS* grand opening this saturday, 19+ w/ Brutal Bill. For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

Com'on people! i'm kinda curious as to what others think about this....

i agree with you 2... since ktu is a huge ass radio station, it's gotta play the cheesy ass pop and freestyle songs that are demanded but now that's they're playing trance and other dance music, it's getting out to everyone listening... moreover, it's sad that ktu is associated with the whole guido/jersey crowd, so what about them?? trance is really goin global.... bad or good thing????

------------------

"Ooh baby, I feel like the music sounds better with you..." luna.gif

KTU blows Donkey ass smile.gif

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Central Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

love.jpg

I must agree that the formatting of KTU's music does, well there's no other way to put it...SUCK! Not only do they start to play good songs after they're played out (i.e. spente, turn to you, etc) they kill whatever vibe you experience from hearing the song, with some wack ass Britney or Backstreet crap immediately following it.

I don't understand why the house music capital of the world can't have a radio station dedicated strictly to house music. From what I've been told, radio stations in South Beach play all house and even have live djs mixing all day. Why can't we have that here in NY?? I mean if we can have stations dedicated strictly to hip hop like Hot 97, then why not house?? cwm42.gif

------------------

Don't call me baby...

I agree......I never ever listen to the radio but I was without a CD player this past weekend and I must have heard Spente La Stella 8 times in one fucking day!! It's not like a new song or something?? The radio, especially KTU, has the uncanny ability to ruin great songs.....I personally thing a song being underground makes it good to begin with.....weird huh........thats why I stay away from Exit, KTU, SF etc......won't be hearing Sasha on KTU anytime soon so I think I'll be alright....

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Guest crystalmethodny

If you're staying in on a Saturday night, with friends or whatever and want pumping House music on your radio...

WLIR 92.7 presents Extreme Groove radio every Saturday from 2-5 am.

There's your answer.

Peace smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Somebody at KTU has woken up. There a style of playing has gotten alot better. But they always overplay a good song that until now you would only hear at a club. They should keep to there normal stuff and leave the harder club music, to the clubs. cwm1.gif

Get used to it peeps...House music (any flavor) is prevalent in just about everything these days (commercials, movies, etc) and has been for a long time....it was only a matter of time before "underground" music got regular play on mainstream radio, even though what is being played on KTU and LIR during main hours is played out stuff...

anybody remember how dope Zombie Nation's song was one year ago?

It hyped everybody up to hear it at Exit or somewhere, now when it's played no body fuckin dances and just chill on the couches.

KTU KILLED ZOMBIE NATION. That was a good song too (w/ the vocals) and then the radio just destroyed in like a day.

So KTU does fuckin suck. they shouldn't be playing house music(except on sanctuary sat.) cause they play the songs out. On Sanctuary Saturday's it's the DJ who spins so Boris and JV won't fuck up anything.

House music belongs in the clubs and on bootleg cd's and maybe the internet. Not on the radio.

But i never heard 92.7 before. They play house all the time or just on saturday nights?

Theres also some station on Long Island that plays house i heard. Like 105.3 i think.

Anyway, keep poppin dem pills.

i think ktu should play more of that kind of music ... i think it would have been more appropriate for them to start doing it before lir , since lir was more " alternative" than "electronic" ... when ktu debuted it was liek straight up freestyle tracks in rotation no djs no nothing ..which to me is more of an electronic venue than a station playing pearl jam and nirvana. ... then once they were more established and up and running full speed they made the switch to pop ... plus doesnt ktu have scribble spin on teh weekends .. isnt scribble liek one of all your guys favorites ?? i dunno .... i have ot say tho , i love that fact that lir is making this move , with teh in the mix show and shit ... the company i work for ( and co-founded) is meant to bring this type of music to the masses and that is what lir is doing on a potencially larger scale ... they do include some cheesy stuff still ...one thing that does bother me is the variety being so broad... i dont wanna go from some trance tune into some alt rock song .,. i mean come in that case they are just tryin to please everyone ... i think it should more selective programing and mmore focused ... even if they would break up into hour long segments or something .. i dunno whatver .. in general US radio sucks .,. we are light-years behind UK and they only have 4 legal radio stations ... 90% of their radio is pirate and mostly deals in electronic mucis excusivly .. if i had a station liek that here i would prob hardly ever change it ... anyways ..

my 2 sense

-dollar

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Well I totally hate when KTU plays out songs, like i turn to u , zombie nation, spente la stelle, i mean those were good songs, u play them once in a while at home and they still sound nice, but ktu killed them, they kill every song, which sucks.

I do wish there was a radio station with only house music, but without request lines, like no one could call and request a song, they would just play songs from tracks they choose, or there would be a dj mixing, but when theres request lines, everyones requests the same song 1000 times a day and kill it. cwm23.gif

Whenever I hear a great club mix in KTU I know it's the end for that mix, bec they play it like forever, and then they remix it untill everyone hates it. When I was in Miami last December, I found this radio station that only played underground club mix, there where no taling and ver few comercials. I guess that's too much to ask for the clubbing central of USA!!!

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

I hate KTU !!!!

Those damn peole play stuff that I heard months before on WLIR.. I hate the DJ's. i love WLIR.. I listen to them all the time.. they play good music and they change it up.. Also.. like Steve said listen to it between 2-5 on Saturday....it's off the hook..If you want real underground shit.. Isn't it Russ???

Its real underground alright.

Its rotating DJs

Russ Reign

Anthony Martinez

Mike Macaluso

Jared Scream

and Ex Dream

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

I hate KTU !!!!

Those damn peole play stuff that I heard months before on WLIR.. I hate the DJ's. i love WLIR.. I listen to them all the time.. they play good music and they change it up.. Also.. like Steve said listen to it between 2-5 on Saturday....it's off the hook..If you want real underground shit.. Isn't it Russ???

------------------

AIM vampie