Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What type of internet svce provider.........

does everyone have??? Doing a little research... I'm thinking of crapping AOL b/c it SUCKS... Not really down to spending $40/month for DSL or cable either...

I hear that Att World net has a good connection speed... it supposedly gets like 50K as opposed to AOL's 15K...

Any replies and advise would be so helpful...

------------------

You only get ONE chance to make a "First Impression"

Guest crystalmethodny

I just wanted to say...

Hi Margorie, you sexy thang you!

biggrin.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

i have a cable modem which gets better speed then the majority of people i know w/ dsl

and i also have aol and before i got my fast connect i used to get around 44-48k connect so i guess it depends where you are

but i hear bellatlantic(probably verizon soon) is a good service

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

www.earthlink.com

1.5 Mbps

for 39.99

one time $99 installation fee

verizon sucks

but verizon gives you half the bandwidth for 49.99

so i would go to earthlink...and get connected!!!!!!!

for 56k modems

i use metconnect www.metconnect.com

its free

and no banners

for a backup free isp www.juno.com

but you'll see banners

hope that helps...

if your gonna pay for internet..might as well get a fast connection

but at 56k

i would use the free isp's

Well I use two free ones, netzero.com and juno.com, but they both have banners. I had aol a long time, but i didnt really care for it, so now its free provider for me, the banner doesn't bother me that much and these days theres lots of free ones, why should i pay??? If I'll pay for something i'll pay for a cable modem or dsl, but i am pretty happy with regular 56k modem speed.

cwm7.gif

Originally posted by Pershoot:

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.earthlink.com" TARGET=_blank>www.earthlink.com</A>

1.5 Mbps

for 39.99

one time $99 installation fee

verizon sucks

Thank you so much... I'll look into it...

but verizon gives you half the bandwidth for 49.99

so i would go to earthlink...and get connected!!!!!!!

for 56k modems

i use metconnect <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.metconnect.com" TARGET=_blank>www.metconnect.com</A>

its free

and no banners

for a backup free isp <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.juno.com" TARGET=_blank>www.juno.com</A>

but you'll see banners

hope that helps...

if your gonna pay for internet..might as well get a fast connection

but at 56k

i would use the free isp's

------------------

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

Well I use two free ones, netzero.com and juno.com, but they both have banners. I had aol a long time, but i didnt really care for it, so now its free provider for me, the banner doesn't bother me that much and these days theres lots of free ones, why should i pay??? If I'll pay for something i'll pay for a cable modem or dsl, but i am pretty happy with regular 56k modem speed.

cwm7.gif

I agree 100% on the free things... but I am willing to pay a little more for a faster connect, but not too much more... Thanks for the info..

------------------

i have both AOL and ATT...and its all the same shit connection wise. Ur best Bet.........DSL.

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Central Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

love.jpg