Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***PVD Vs DJ Scribble. Who In Your Opinion Is Better?***

Personally I think Dj Scribble is slightly better. I admit, he's a bit more mainstream but thinking about it he's definately a lot more versitale than PVD is. A few weeks ago I caught DJ scribble spin the sickest house and trance shit in Miami that I have ever Heard in my life. He had put on a set of a lifetime that will probably never be beaten by anyone. PVDs sets would be like pimples on DJ scribbles set If I had to put those in comparison. And on top of that, DJ scribble also spins mainstream, dance, and top 40 which is something that PVD can't even do. DJ scribble also actually get MTV gigs which is the highest recognition a DJ can get so the bottom line is I strongly think DJ scribble is a lot better than PVD, do you?

This Post is no fucking joke. DJ scribble for you info has invitations to play anywhere and I do mean anywhere he desires. He could play in Ibiza at any time and for all you bastards out there, I have received info that he had been invited to twilo and had turned down the offer. DJ scribble is very verstile. He only plays wu tang on MTV but when he spins at clubs he can play anything, from house to trance to rap. How many DJs you know that can do that? Not your fucking PVD of course or your Fucking fag duo suckit and dicktwat.

Back2basics- I finally praise this board. Finally someone who has some common sense. I Dj scribble is so much more talented than PVD or anyone that has ever played at Twilo. I agree, He's very greedy and doesn't play for the love of music but rather for the green stuff that he gets at the end of his gigs. But can you really blame him, I mean if he can get 5 thousand more playing elsewhere than Twilo why wouldn't he. He could care less about all the ravers that are going to miss him out at Twilo and never realize his talent but he's getting paid more and that's all that matters.

when talking about being versatile, in which respect are you talking? strictly dj skills, or musical ability? i mean, you can't possibly forget that PVD has put out a large amount of original productions in the past years. the bulk of his music available on the market IS original production, and very widely respected at that.

im speaking objectively here, personally PVD live sets have lost their appeal for me, but these facts still remain.

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

I used to be a critic of DJ skribble saying he was all comercial. But I recently heard a few of sets consisting of house and trance..and I gotta say it was off the hook. He's great. Yeah sure he plays rap and top 40...but that's on MTV. And with that you gotta give him credit he's so versatile he could spin different kinds of music. And he can spin anywhere he wants in the world. I'm going out on the limb....I gotta say Skribble is better....

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

yo i heard skribble in cancun for spring break and he was off the meter, without a doubt one of the best sets i heard, i left the club at 9:30 in the morning and he was still pumping, and a mad chiil guy also.

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Im not gonna say whether Skribble is better or not..i just know in August i heard skribble do an hour long set at a party here..where he did a really progressive trance set that i thought was pretty damn good..of course he threw in his DJ skills by scratching and taking of his shirt at the same time and then spinning behind his back and all that..but still..i have more respect for him then i did a few mos ago..

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Put it this way could Scribble do what PvD does (given the same records)? - YES

Could PvD do the turntablist stuff Scribble does - NO.

wink.gif

well put, like i said i swa scribbles perform and he was off the meter, a lot of hard and trancy music, and he puts on a show while he spins instead of just standing there, hes full of energy and is always bouncing around in the booth

------------------

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

chick.gif

well i dont' know exactly we're people are getting this info from but that crap skribbles does, i'm sorry, not difficult w/ a little practice

not sitting here trying to say i could do it, but i will say that there are plenty of people out there who do exactly what he does and just aren't as well known. i don't give him credit for that crap

i was at LL for the cancun reunion last may and he came on and cleared the place out, people just started leaving. i mean what the hell am i suppposed to do w/ that scratching in the middle of a club all drunk and shit. totally wack.

and b2b, that was a cute comment. i still clear of getting in to it today, too much shit to do smile.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

well i dont' know exactly we're people are getting this info from but that crap skribbles does, i'm sorry, not difficult w/ a little practice

not sitting here trying to say i could do it, but i will say that there are plenty of people out there who do exactly what he does and just aren't as well known. i don't give him credit for that crap

i was at LL for the cancun reunion last may and he came on and cleared the place out, people just started leaving. i mean what the hell am i suppposed to do w/ that scratching in the middle of a club all drunk and shit. totally wack.

and b2b, that was a cute comment. i still clear of getting in to it today, too much shit to do smile.gif

-Rob

sorry rob i have to diagree with you on this one, skribble did no scratching or anything of that sort in cancun maybe at LL. i heard his live set and once again it was crazy, ask anybody i was with that night, after that i gave him mad props for the joints he was playing

------------------

chick.gif

Originally posted by msoprano13:

-Rob

sorry rob i have to diagree with you on this one, skribble did no scratching or anything of that sort in cancun maybe at LL. i heard his live set and once again it was crazy, ask anybody i was with that night, after that i gave him mad props for the joints he was playing

bro you told me he played hip hop til 4 then house til 7??

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

hmr3.gif

Wow......I can't even believe this post got this far......I am very open to peoples opinions about music so I just will say that this comparison is like apples and oranges......who cares if PVD can't scratch...that is not the point, it is his song choice and mixing ability that make him one of the top DJs in the world.....scratching is saved for hip hop bullshit......I think Scribble can actually spin some good house sets(even though it is almost all commercial as usual) but we need to get off comparing him to Van Dyk......that's such an insult to Paul in my opinion......

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

By the way, did you all bastards notice that most people responding to this post admitted that DJ scribble is better that PVD? Read it again and see. I am willing to bet that if DJ Scribble ever came to Twilo it would be the sickest party ever and definately more packed than it ever was for PVD or anyone else for that matter. DJ Scribble is truly the #1 DJ in the world.

-Rob

He, he... thought that would stir things up a little.... Scibbles crap, as you say there are 100 people who are better at what he does. Has scribble even entered the Technics mixing comp? Carn't ever remember him doing it.

But then again.. wink.gif