Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakenfold was incredible.......

yo i think its all in who you like, i gotta give props to twilo cuz when pvd was there last week it was incredible, like a 6 hr session. f'n unreal. sux that oakie doesn't play there, 2 hrs wasn't enough to start getting into it. i had a blast though. im not sure which i like better cuz they both seem too different. i love both of their music but i love the fact how pvd plays for so much longer. the way oakie got into it though was cool too though. shit, i don't think i could choose between the dj's. i know twilo is the place to see them though. cwm17.gif

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

PVD and Oakenfold are waaaaaaaay different.

PVD creates his own tracks...Oakenfold doesn't.

Both are in two diff leagues. One has talent and the other lost it.

Okkkkkk.. I wasn't comparing them.. I just said that Oakie did the same thing as PVD last time. Played a lot of hard shit that is not exactly his style....

It was a CONCERT, there wasn;t that much room to dance!!! Like a Pink Floyd show! That place is NOT a CLUB and does not even operate like one! It looked like a huge psycadelic Muppet show, with Oakie as the God..the visuals plus the music just took control of your mind (and I wasn't even rollin'). It was a totally different vibe than anything at Twilo (which I love)..I had a ball! A night to remember until next time he comes to NY!

Wow.....I'm starting to wonder if I was at the same Oakie concert......I personally thought even though a lot of Oakie's set was not his usual, he still rocked the fucking place and that is all that counts.....True, his set was short but worth it.....I had a blast.......

Mikey

------------------

Room to dance?....Oh..I will take that..thank you...

Media32975.jpg

Originally posted by twiloman:

yo i think its all in who you like, i gotta give props to twilo cuz when pvd was there last week it was incredible, like a 6 hr session. f'n unreal. sux that oakie doesn't play there, 2 hrs wasn't enough to start getting into it. i had a blast though. im not sure which i like better cuz they both seem too different. i love both of their music but i love the fact how pvd plays for so much longer. the way oakie got into it though was cool too though. shit, i don't think i could choose between the dj's. i know twilo is the place to see them though. %7Boption%7D

I've seen PVD 2 times in Twilo and each time

it was the same. I mean, yeah, I give him credit for his stamina and his fans which never leave but he basically plays the same shit. Of the 4 times total I've seen him,

he's only amazed me once and that wasn't even here in the states but in Ibiza for this year's Cream closing party @ Amnesia.

NOW, that was brilliance. Thus, no more

PVD for me in the states.

As for Oakey, the same old same old. 2 hour set for fans that adore him way more. I was there in July @ the Roseland and was quite disappointed. Sandra Collins kicked his ass that night (yeah, I know he was kind of sick). But, I saw Oakey in Ibiza the Tuesday before the Cream closing party and that was the best Oakey set I've ever heard. He held nothing back and his set was

much longer...I mean much longer. He got on @ 2:30AM and when we left @ 8:30AM, he was still fuckin' spinning. Digweed.

------------------

Disk 1, Track 08 of

'Communicate'

it was def the best night i have had in a long long time he was amazing i especially liked when he dropped beautful day remix i was going nutz daren emerson was off the meter also i would love to see him spin again cwm4.gif

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

damn,looks like you also had one helluva a night...i didn't know oakenfold was da true pimp

Originally posted by rachel1997:

Wow I think it's the best I ever had!!!

sucks balls for 2 hours...

------------------

"fall in love with music, fall in love with dance"

[This message has been edited by sosultan (edited 11-24-2000).]

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

The music was awesome but most of the time it was NOT oakie's stuff!!!!!!! Like PVD, he did a lot of hard shit and then only did a little of his own. I wanted to hear HIS stuff!!!!!!!!!! 2 hours was just NOT enough frown.gif(((((

PVD and Oakenfold are waaaaaaaay different.

PVD creates his own tracks...Oakenfold doesn't.

Both are in two diff leagues. One has talent and the other lost it.

------------------

get bizzy with the fizzy baby...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

I saw him at hammerstein ballroom and he sure proved his talent but on the other hand dissapointed me. After listening to whoever he was until 1 a.m, not to good in my opinion we only saw Oakie for two hours. Amazing stuff, but quite a dissapointment spending that money for 120 minutes.

i had yet another GREAT time with my boys......Music was REDICULI.....no other word to compare.......would i change anything.....hmmm....well...if it where an ideal world....he would have played till noon. cwm35.gifcwm40.gifcwm24.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Day is gone I'm on my back Staring up at the ceiling I take a drink sit back relax Smoke my kind makes me feel Better for a short time

What I want is what I've not got What I need is all around me"

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

love.jpg