Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Let's Reminisce....

jfk

I recently started going to NYC again. I grew up with Club USA, Limelight in the mid to late 90's, went to Tunnel every Friday/Saturday from 97-01 (some of the best nights of my life that I can't remember). NYC seems like it's making a comeback. I had a blast at Crobar with Roger Sanchez, Spirit has been fun the few times I've been there. I was just wondering if any of you NYC Hardheadz could ket me know if anyplace out there has that late 90's Tunnel vibe...?

First HOUSE CLUB i stepped foot in was in 1995 at CLUB EXPO think the dj on that night according to my borther was DJ CORBETT saw LA BOUCHE perform there and enjoyed some CAFE CON LECHE parties for a bit with MERRIT, until my fake id was lost at some point. Then for a few yrs did the latin club scene with my cousin and his id until about 97-98 then got back to going to HOUSE clubs, lounges,bars,etc.

I was just wondering if any of you NYC Hardheadz could ket me know if anyplace out there has that late 90's Tunnel vibe...?

There's really no place around w/ that kind of atmosphere anymore. Clubs like Limelight and Tunnel were part of an era, one that we'll probably never see the likes of again. As hard as some may try, it's just not possible to recreate the past. After the closings of Twilo, Limelight, and SF, everything had to be toned down since clubs were under such tight scrutiny. Newer clubs began to cater more towards an upscale clientele rather than hardcore music lovers. Now clubs are more about VIP/bottle service, guestlists, and what kind of shoes you're wearing. So more than anything, the scene is just evolving, and that's ok if you ask me. The clubs are still there, the musical talent is still there, and the people who love the scene are still there, so what more could you really ask for? No one wants to see more clubs get shut down, so I guess we'll just have to accept the changes that have come about.

It will never be the same...

Dont get me wrong, i love the nightlife in nyc and if you see the list compiled that i have up from now till end of april, no one can deny NYC is just banging for great talent, but the days of 15 bucks @ the door for a giant ass warehouse with 8 Dj's going at the same time is no more. :boohoo:

There's really no place around w/ that kind of atmosphere anymore. Clubs like Limelight and Tunnel were part of an era, one that we'll probably never see the likes of again. As hard as some may try, it's just not possible to recreate the past. After the closings of Twilo, Limelight, and SF, everything had to be toned down since clubs were under such tight scrutiny. Newer clubs began to cater more towards an upscale clientele rather than hardcore music lovers. Now clubs are more about VIP/bottle service, guestlists, and what kind of shoes you're wearing. So more than anything, the scene is just evolving, and that's ok if you ask me. The clubs are still there, the musical talent is still there, and the people who love the scene are still there, so what more could you really ask for? No one wants to see more clubs get shut down, so I guess we'll just have to accept the changes that have come about.

Yeah, I may be living in the past, but those were some of the best days of my life....As far as the new clubs catering to the more upscale crowd, I could tell when we were at Crobar a couple weeks ago on a Friday and Foxxy Brown was at the table next to us in the VIP.....

Oh well, just an old guy rambling on...........