Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sander crobar review 02-18-05

another excellent night at crobar. its the best run managed & booked club in nyc. every time I go I want to go back. every time i go to spirit I say never again.

sander's set was very good but maybe not at the level of his best arc & crobar sets. he came on like 1;30. whopever the opening dj was was really good, banging progressive that was the perfect rhythmic inro to sander. in fact, when I first arrived like 1, i thought it was sander already cos the beats were so sander like.

anyway good communication between the 2 djs. sander played a little harder this time, but also funky & some really impressive rhythms. the 1 element not as present last night was the more melodic/trancey peaks that he sometimes crecendoes with. i did sort of miss that although he did play a few vocals and there is no doubt his progressive was funky chunky & very danceable. in fact dancing last night was natural, second nature, he was so strong in the rhythms. sander's mixing can be great, he has skills & great record selection, but the othet thing about last night was I felt he was kind of improvising, there wasnt exactly the same flow to his story as other nights, but I think he was having fun bringing in the harder rhythms. his vibe is one of my fave djs to see & watch, i think hes a fun guy when hes in the mood. so it was a gharder set than many of his, but not as tribal-ly as that one crobar set maybe 9 months ago when he went percussion nutty. that tribal set maybe spring 2004 was maybe the weakest Ive heard from him. last night was much better than that but i did miss his melodic/trance highs. made it til 530-6, I think he was on at least til then.

rating 7.25 out of 10.

sander was so good I'll be back next time.

It was my first time checkin out Sander and my first time at Crobar...He had all of the people I was with dancing all night long...The funky beats were fun and the crowd was great..The only bad thing was a tough guy trying to start a fight with my friend who's a girl and half my height for bumpin heads..other than that great time..Wish I could have went upstairs to the balcony but I think that was only for VIP...Would def. check this DJ out again... :pint:

another excellent night at crobar. its the best run managed & booked club in nyc. every time I go I want to go back. every time i go to spirit I say never again.

sander's set was very good but maybe not at the level of his best arc & crobar sets. he came on like 1;30. whopever the opening dj was was really good, banging progressive that was the perfect rhythmic inro to sander. in fact, when I first arrived like 1, i thought it was sander already cos the beats were so sander like.

anyway good communication between the 2 djs. sander played a little harder this time, but also funky & some really impressive rhythms. the 1 element not as present last night was the more melodic/trancey peaks that he sometimes crecendoes with. i did sort of miss that although he did play a few vocals and there is no doubt his progressive was funky chunky & very danceable. in fact dancing last night was natural, second nature, he was so strong in the rhythms. sander's mixing can be great, he has skills & great record selection, but the othet thing about last night was I felt he was kind of improvising, there wasnt exactly the same flow to his story as other nights, but I think he was having fun bringing in the harder rhythms. his vibe is one of my fave djs to see & watch, i think hes a fun guy when hes in the mood. so it was a gharder set than many of his, but not as tribal-ly as that one crobar set maybe 9 months ago when he went percussion nutty. that tribal set maybe spring 2004 was maybe the weakest Ive heard from him. last night was much better than that but i did miss his melodic/trance highs. made it til 530-6, I think he was on at least til then.

rating 7.25 out of 10.

sander was so good I'll be back next time.

good review!!! wish i went.. work and school sucks...

Yea I gotta agree crobar is run really well compared to the other places. Staff is very friendly. Sander killed it I thought, opening dj spun really well also. Only complaint is that it was that the crowd was 75% guys, ratio was really bad.