Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Think Morales Did?

Being That Ive Heard Him Before And Enjoyed Him. And Listen To His Mix Shows And Cds. I Wasnt To Impressed. I Thought When He First When On He Was Playing Good And Then Reliazed Everybody There Was From Jersey And All They Wanted Was Vocals. Then He Changed The Whole Vibe To Please Nj.

I Really Enjoyed Roger Sanchez Cause He Just Played His Shit And Rocked It At Deko. Didnt Care What People Wanted To Hear. He Played His Style.

I Actaully Was About To Go To Discoteque Cause I Just Wanted To Hear Him Play Some Good House Music, None Of That Remix Hip Hop Vocally Shit. Hopefully He Will Be Playing Again Soon In Nyc. So Ill Be Able To Check It Out

Do You Agree Or Disagree With Me?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DO HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU MISTER MATTREID.....

he is so much better then what he played lastnight, his set could of been so much better.

i know the guys wanna please the crowd and all but sometimes you have to stick with what you do best....he could of just added a few ktu played out tracks for the musically challenged people and they would of been happy...

i really think the turning point had to be when his record skipped the 1st time.....if you saw his face "wow" he was he pissed, the 2nd time i thought i saw smoke coming out of his eyes and ears...

well lets hope he does better next time...if we have a next time.

did anyone hear him at disco? fill me in , how was his set?

calling on chus and ceballos,lol.......do you copy

I was kinda dissapointed as well but as always I had a great time. I think what happened was that he was expecting the tipical NJ crowd and not the musicaly educated Sessions Saturday crowd, and that's is why he played that way. I don't think that he realized that we are true House Heads that go there on Saturdays. I guarntee he just under estimated what he had to work with. I think that if he plays there again and someone lets him know that we know music it will be a totally different situation. We were just victims of the Jersey stereotype.

IMO

Madness

Being That Ive Heard Him Before And Enjoyed Him. And Listen To His Mix Shows And Cds. I Wasnt To Impressed. I Thought When He First When On He Was Playing Good And Then Reliazed Everybody There Was From Jersey And All They Wanted Was Vocals. Then He Changed The Whole Vibe To Please Nj.

I Really Enjoyed Roger Sanchez Cause He Just Played His Shit And Rocked It At Deko. Didnt Care What People Wanted To Hear. He Played His Style.

I Actaully Was About To Go To Discoteque Cause I Just Wanted To Hear Him Play Some Good House Music, None Of That Remix Hip Hop Vocally Shit. Hopefully He Will Be Playing Again Soon In Nyc. So Ill Be Able To Check It Out

Do You Agree Or Disagree With Me?

with all respect....

name one mix show, cd, radio set...where he is not predominantly vocally focused. your note above made it seem like he played a mainstream set last night...hardly so. that said, i was disappointed he didnt play more of the disco type/soulful stuff that he is known for and rather played out for the staten island heads. i think my problem is that the music I am normally used to with morales is not meant for deko. maybe i should go see him at a lounge..rather than a guido club. morales is my fav dj by all means...but he didnt play a favorite set last night because of the venue he had to cater to....thats a problem for NJ, not for him

sidenote...richie opened well...lots of disco/soulful stuff. would love to hear more of that sometime

with all respect....

name one mix show, cd, radio set...where he is not predominantly vocally focused. your note above made it seem like he played a mainstream set last night...hardly so.

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE LISTENING TO, BUT HE WAS PLAYING COMERECIAL SHIT LAST NIGHT. ALOT OF THOSE TRACKS HE WAS PLAYING WAS LIKE REMIXED HIP HOP TRACKS. HE PLAYED A JERSEY SET. NOTHING DURING THE NIGHT STOOD OUT THAT HE PLAYED. IT WAS DEF NOT A GOOD SET BY HIM. AND THERES A DIFFERNCE BETWEEN VOCAL SHIT (KTU NONSENSE OR SOMETHING YOU WOULD HERE AT THE JERSEY SHORE) AND UNDERGROUND.

THE STUFF MORALES PLAYS IS UNDERGROUND AND AT DEKO HE PLAYED A TYPICAL VOCAL SET THAT YOU WOULD HERE AT ANY JERSEY VENUE

with all respect....

name one mix show, cd, radio set...where he is not predominantly vocally focused. your note above made it seem like he played a mainstream set last night...hardly so. that said, i was disappointed he didnt play more of the disco type/soulful stuff that he is known for and rather played out for the staten island heads. i think my problem is that the music I am normally used to with morales is not meant for deko. maybe i should go see him at a lounge..rather than a guido club. morales is my fav dj by all means...but he didnt play a favorite set last night because of the venue he had to cater to....thats a problem for NJ, not for him

you must have been in the a different Deko Lounge then cuz the comments from everyone, including the Bartenders was he is playin too much commercial. Richie Santana on his worst day( if he have had one) would have been better then what we heard from Morales.

several songs he played last nite

- I Like It

- Sound of the Drum

- Touch Me

- In De Ghetto.....WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

- Lose My Breath (Rauhofer rmx)

- How would you Feel (Original rmx)

- Sweet Dreams

THE STUFF MORALES PLAYS IS UNDERGROUND AND AT DEKO HE PLAYED A TYPICAL VOCAL SET THAT YOU WOULD HERE AT ANY JERSEY VENUE

agreed....

I am pretty sure i will hear the same set by Dj Kip over at DJAIS later this summer :)

sidenote...Deko isn't the typical nj venue

sidenote...Deko isn't the typical nj venue

YOU ARE NOT A TYPICAL CLUB WHEN YOU BRING IN ROGER SANCHEZ, ERIC MORILLO, DAVID MORALES, AND HARRY CHOO CHOO IN.

I DEF GIVE 2 THUMBS UP TO THE STAFF AT DEKO FOR BRINGING IN SOME OF THE WORLDS TOP DJS. AND THATS WHY DEKO IS NOT A TYPICAL CLUB.

NEVER MENT DEKO WAS A TYPICAL CLUB, JUST SAYING IF I WANTED TO HERE THAT MUSIC, I COULD HAVE WENT TO A TYPICAL JERSEY CLUB.

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE LISTENING TO, BUT HE WAS PLAYING COMERECIAL SHIT LAST NIGHT. ALOT OF THOSE TRACKS HE WAS PLAYING WAS LIKE REMIXED HIP HOP TRACKS. HE PLAYED A JERSEY SET. NOTHING DURING THE NIGHT STOOD OUT THAT HE PLAYED. IT WAS DEF NOT A GOOD SET BY HIM. AND THERES A DIFFERNCE BETWEEN VOCAL SHIT (KTU NONSENSE OR SOMETHING YOU WOULD HERE AT THE JERSEY SHORE) AND UNDERGROUND.

never said it was a good set...said above that it was not one of my favorites. disagree that it was a commercial set though...although i did leave at 1:30am so maybe he rocked more commercial stuff afterwards. your still stuck on the fact that he played vocal and played the typical jersey venue style...and my comment stands...a) he always spins vocals...name one set where he is not predominantly vocal B) you cant expect morales to spin the underground house/disco/soulful stuff you hear at 3am on KTU at Deko or on galaxy 105/106...staten island wouldnt be able to guido pump their way into fun-filled-saturday-night. as much as i appreciated deko bringing him out...he played to the crowd that attends. similar to how you played hip hop in the city

wow... this isnt the thread i thought i would read after missing out last night due to being sick... damn, that's kinda lame that he blew out like that.

and i almost dragged my sick ass out last night...

well, maybe he will come back another time and do right by the saturday night crowd...

I kinda agree with everyone.......he didn't exactly impress me either.....I had a great time just being out and all but it is not like i was walkin to the car last night saying.."WOW, that Morales guy was on point." I believe I heard someone say it best last night......

"THAT WAS JUST SOME BULLSHIT SHIT WE WERE LISTENING TO!!!"

I was not there so I am not commenting on the set at Deko. I find Deko to be NJ's finest club as fas as having a music driven format. I just wanted to comment about

In De Ghetto.....WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

This was one of the tracks that Morales helped break in during his Red Zone residency. In other words it hit his dance floor long before it hit the radio. Anyway this is just like DT playing Finally or Morillo playing Relight My Fire.

Matt Reid - agree with you 100% However, it was completly expected. I'll explain: when I heard Morales @ Spirit this past May, he started out playing Latin house (WHICH I LOVE!!!) then he played some hard a ** shit, and then he got into some KTU shit (if I remember correctly)

I was 99% positive he wasnt gonna even touch a Latin house record while in Jersey... so I expected to hear so me hard beats and typical KTU vocals...

BUT...

You Make Me Feel Mighty Real (??) - THAT WAS SOME BULLSHIT SHIT

La Da Dee La Di Da (Crystal Waters, I forget the title)

In Da Ghetto

Pump Up the Jam

c'mon!! OK, I understand he was probably the first to play these songs or produced most of them but we are not the bunch of fist pumpin idiots that MTV portrays us as (half the people in Spirit and Crobar are from Jersey!!!)

the first hour was GREAT!!!...we were dancin up a storm!!! but later on we were just a bunch of wallflowers cause we didnt come all the way out to DEKO to hear this...

and WTF was up with his security guards??? they wouldnt let us say 'hi' PUHLEASE!!!! at Spirit there is a long ass line of people going up to meet him What did they think, we were gonna attack him??? He's not DT or Diggers (both of which I 've met) JEEZ

Best part of the night was the ride back home - everyone was arguing whether or not to go to Discotheque, for obvious reasons....too bad it was only 2:00...I suggested everyone go home, go to bed, get there at 11am...unfortunately, I was the only one who got up at 9am, and I decided to skiing instead. DID ANYONE MAKE IT TO DISCO???

After hearing Chus & Ceballos destroy Deko, I guess I got my hopes up a little to high...and I'll take all the blame and from now on, stick to NYC

BTW, whoever said that Santana plays a better set, you were right on point!

In De Ghetto.....WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

This was one of the tracks that Morales helped break in during his Red Zone residency. In other words it hit his dance floor long before it hit the radio. Anyway this is just like DT playing Finally or Morillo playing Relight My Fire.

thanks for the history lesson

too bad it didn't go over with crowd all that well

several songs he played last nite

- I Like It

- Sound of the Drum

- Touch Me

- In De Ghetto.....WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

- Lose My Breath (Rauhofer rmx)

- How would you Feel (Original rmx)

- Sweet Dreams

JIM - I believe the title of the song is 'WHY' and he played it over 'Sweet Dreams' - This was the highlight of my night

Song ID Police - correct me if I'm wrong

JIM - I believe the title of the song is 'WHY' and he played it over 'Sweet Dreams' - This was the highlight of my night

Song ID Police - correct me if I'm wrong

he played that early in the nite as his FloorFiller but towards the end of the nite he played DT rmx of Sweet Dreams i beleive

he played that early in the nite as his FloorFiller but towards the end of the nite he played DT rmx of Sweet Dreams i beleive

oh, werd?? we left at 1:30...I must say this though, I brought 2 of my friends who had not yet been to DEKO (true house heads) and they loved the place