Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2C-I - Trip Report

Saturday night a friend and my wife joined me at a movie. Although no one was partaking this particular evening, they both agreed that they would not be offended if I enhanced my movie watching experience. I downed 20mg of 2C-I about an hour prior to the start of the movie. Once in the theater things began brewing a little, but it wasn't until near the middle of the movie that things really got going.

Probably the first clue I had that it was starting to come on was an enhanced appreciation for the movie. The funny parts were a little funnier to me and the romantic parts were a little more touching. Soon thereafter the visuals began to get more noticeable. The best was to describe the visuals were that they were a sort of pulsing distortion. As with the last time I did this, the visuals were very cyclic and objects would slowly distort and return to normal, distort and return, etc. The film grain in the movie seemed to be more pronounced or noticeable to me than usual. It also seemed that the contrast has been turned down a little and colors were desaturated. They weren't completely greyscale, but they were desaturated enough for me to notice a difference in the film from the beginning to the end. Sound was somewhat altered, but in a pleasing way. The soundtrack of the film sounded very big and enveloped me better than usual. Generally, I think I can pick out the direction of sources of sound in movie theaters, but in this case the sound seemed to come from everywhere and from nowhere in particular. Sounds which were external to the soundtrack sounded "different", though I can't put into words how. It was almost as if I were a participant in the movie and the sounds not in the soundtrack were interrupting reality as they didn't sound like they were part of that world.

When the movie was over, leaving the theater was a very interesting experience. My vision was slightly fisheyed and hallways and rooms felt much larger than they really were. There was an interesting body high which enhanced the visual perception; it was almost a euphoric feeling which made me feel lighter and sort of trancy. I would expect that in a club with a big sound system and a good light system, this would be a fantastic time.

When we got home we spent several hours just talking and listening to music, where some other interesting things emerged. There were some of the songs that we listened to which, like in the theater, sounded very big and open. My home sound system sounded great and was very close to what I would expect at a club while sober. Bass beats were thumping and midranges were full and balanced. Other songs, however, notably Guns and Roses - Rocketqueen, sounded very tinny and sort of muffled in the bass. I know that when I listen to that song otherwise, it sounds OK., so hearing it sound so bad was a surprise to me. Conversation for me was fluid and interesting while other skills were relatively untouched. There was some visual distortion, but I could type and look up various topical trivia online without too much extra effort.

Seven hours from the time of ingestion, my wife and I went to bed. I was definately coming down, but sex was still different and interesting (as it usually is with psychedelics). Sleep came moderately easily and fatigue the next day was pretty limited. However, considering how little sleep both of us got because of other obligations, I don't necessarily consider the fatigue to be a side effect of the 2C-I. Overall, I really liked the experience. I can see why it's so popular with the party crowd these days. The visual and sound distortion would be really fun at a club and the mental accentuation would be fun with a group of friends. I have added such an experience to my TODO list.

It's closer to acid, but more comfortable. There's less profound thoughts and the potential for a bad trip is significantly less. The euphoria was vaguely similar to E, but the absence of empathy and closeness with friends makes the experience very different. Nonetheless, it makes for a very fun evening.

I guess so...is this shit like E...or closer to acid/shrooms...I stopped using drugs over a year ago so I'm totally out of touch

It's unlikely to show up on most piss tests. There are tests specifically for phenethylamines (the family the 2C's belong to), but as far as I know they are very rarely used. It will not show up as an amphetamine metabolite, which is its closest mainstream relative.

It's been "known" for probably 20 years, but has only been available on the market for a few years. This particular one replaced 2C-B as the alternative party hallucinogen of choice in the past 2 years or so after 2C-B was scheduled by the DEA.

I have a baggie of 2C-B waiting to be tasted, hopefully in the next couple of months. Supposedly it is similar to 2C-I but warmer, mellower and more erotic.

Opiates are good but rather boring. The only thing they're good for for me is watching a movie before bed. Hallucinogens have a much more varied application in my life.

Of course for my wife and me, E is still the all time favorite. There are a few which come close, but nothing tops a good roll together.