Clubplanet Nightlife Community

deejays on the board

for those djs who are talking about using downloaded music when they play out please beware, check out this link for the entire story

busted dj

i wonder if that was picotto?

but what if you download your choons from beatport or sumthing of that sort? how can u prove that u did in fact pay for the music? im not carrying around a fucking receipt for every single piece of music i own....fuck that...

i wonder if that was picotto?

but what if you download your choons from beatport or sumthing of that sort? how can u prove that u did in fact pay for the music? im not carrying around a fucking receipt for every single piece of music i own....fuck that...

Wasn't Picotto, was one of the djs from the group blu. Who knows how they figure that shit out but from what I've been told the guy had like 3-4000 mp3s on his laptop and he couldn't prove that he'd bought/been given a single tune. Guess what I'm trying to say is just be careful when you download tunes and play them out, ya never know :)

be careful when you download tunes and play them out, ya never know :)

werd...def. true

but italy has some law that u cant play a song out in public if u cant proove that you paid for it....

with the way the gov. is acting lately (the fcc), this will soon happen here too....good for the artist tho, they will be able to make more money, which is a good thing for the whole industry :hat:

bad thing for those gweepers out there on soulseek and direct connect :D:laugh:

out of those who replied, are you djing for entertainment value or trying to make a career? :bowdown:

started spinning at late 15/ early 16 yrs of age for fun...only been taking it really seriously in the last 2 yrs or so :)

def. would love to make a career out of it, its what im shooting for

Djing and production are my passion

i started for fun when i was 13-14, caught up in the mixtapes buzz sweepin the country.

its only in the last 5 or 6 years ive actually started to take it seriously, making serious mix cds to get gigs, with a fair bit of success so far. every years been busier and better than the one before it.

and now the production bug has bitten too. there just aint enough hours in the day.....

i'm also hoping to make a careear out of it. well lets just say i'm not stoppin until i do :)

I've been spinning as a hobby for well over 7 years now, and I've always favored vinyl. As of the last year and a half, however, I've been using cds. As was mentioned many times in this thread, both cds and records have their advantages and disadvantages. I still stick mostly to vinyl, since I'm able to find more of the rare house music I want on vinyl, but I never rule out buying and /or burning tracks on cd whenever I can. I use pretty simple, basic equipment - two technics 1210Mk2's, two Denon DN-S5000's (which have some incredible options, including alpha mixing), and a simple Gemini PS-01 3 channel mixer. I need to get a newer, better mixer.

I've been spinning as a hobby for well over 7 years now, and I've always favored vinyl. As of the last year and a half, however, I've been using cds. As was mentioned many times in this thread, both cds and records have their advantages and disadvantages. I still stick mostly to vinyl, since I'm able to find more of the rare house music I want on vinyl, but I never rule out buying and /or burning tracks on cd whenever I can. I use pretty simple, basic equipment - two technics 1210Mk2's, two Denon S5000's, and a simple Gemini PS-01 3 channel mixer. I need to get a newer, better mixer.

stanton has realllllllllly good reasonably priced mixers....

unless you wanna spend some do......then i would go with a rane mp2016 :D

starting playing vinyl and moved on to both cd and vinyl with the new technic cd player.. its definitely hot,, but nothing is worse then a cd just freaking out mid track with nothing else cued up and making some wierd electronic shrieking sound..

I'll stick to vinyl.

mp3's are already on there way out being replace by mp4's everyones gonna need new technology to play new cd's not turntablists records will always play..

in my opinion when they create an ipod with a cue button and a pitch control everyone will move to that.. i know final skratch and all but you need to bring your laptop and its hard to do a guest spot with when you have to rearrange there sound system..

out of those who replied, are you djing for entertainment value or trying to make a career? :bowdown:

I believe it always starts as entertainment and then grows as a challenge.. i think anyone who has been spinnin for a while that has the hang of it and is confident in themselves dreams that they could make a career out of djing.. there is nothing like being in front of a crowd making them jump up and down and feelin like ur in total control with every tune u drop.. so to answer the question yes and yes if possible.. if a career could blossom from a bedroom dj who is really into his music then that would be the most amazing thing..

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: