Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mp3/CD players - who's got one? any recommendations.

just started to get a lot of music in mp3 format on CDs and i've got a CD burner so the collections going to grow. there seem to be so many mp3/CD players out there and i can't tell which ones are good. help me out, mate.

cheers

------------------

And they tell me that women grow on trees

And if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Originally posted by myrlin:

Simply put, the new Nomad Jukebox system.

Check out their website,it has all that you need. <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.nomadworld.com" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.nomadworld.com</A>

but dude - i thought that was a harddisk - not a CD player (and costs $420)??

------------------

And they tell me that women grow on trees

And if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Are you looking for a portable unit or a stand alone for the home?

Theres a bunch out there, we ve been looking at them here at work, let me know what you are using it for (Mobile/standalone) and I can give ya a bettre answer.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

Yea, im actually looking at the various possibilities. The problem, right now, is price. For example, the little Sony one that is so small, you can clip it, only carries 64 mb memory. In reg song length, thats only like 12 or less songs.

Might as well carry around cd's you know?

I think the Nomad style, there are a few others, are gonna be more predominant as they make them smaller and cheaper. Always pay premium for new things.....Depends how badly you want them.

I agree with you, I want something light that holds what I want, it will come out eventually....we like to spend money on gadgets

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

A friend of mine just bought himself a CD walkman that can play CD's with mp3s burned on them for about $250. I find it much more useful than the ones with tiny 32/64 Mg memories. You can burn on a regular CD up to 650 megs of mp3s. I'll find out the site where he ordered it from and post it here...

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

I have the Nomad II by Creative..... I did a ton of research before I bought it and found it to be the best mid-to-high end MP3 player at the time I bought it (3 mos ago).

Since then, Sony has come out with an MP3 player that has topped it.... the only downside is that you need to convert all yer MP3s to Sony's proprietary format. Of course, in order to fit more music on the Nomad II, you need to do the same thing (Microsoft's WMA file format offers better compression than MP3 at the same sound quality).

You can pick up the Nomad II and the charger pack (USB charger, NiMH rechargable battery, AC adapter) for ~$300, if you do all the right things (coupons, price shopping, etc). I just started having problems with it yesterday, actually, although it might be the battery that's fux0red (doesn't look like the player). Be advised -- there are some issues when plugging the Nomad II into a Windows 2000 machine. Specifically, the player may stop sometimes..... this is due to a genuine Microsoft bug (incorrectly mounts multiple devices on the same device port or something).

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

i have the phillips EXP103 expanium portable mp3-cd player. it's worth it, plus the shock protection for the mp3s is great. cd players have come a long way, but with this player you won't miss a beat. the design is a it arkward, bigger and clunkier than the newer cd models, but then again, THEY don't play mp3s. i'm an early-adopter and this is a first generation model, so you *may* want to wait a bit for improvements (i.e. backlist display, track listsings, search within a track). then again, it's the holidays treat yourself right.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004UE2R/mysimon-sr-buy/107-6963702-2106105

cheers