Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*~Who remembers their first rave?~*

Mine was Fantasia. '94 or '95, not sure... Held in an old armory in Brooklyn. Huge open space. It blew my mind. So kids, where and when you dubbed a "raver"? cwm32.gif

------------------

"Come closer to the speakers so I can see the light in your eyes..."

"When the sun comes up, I have morals again...."

Originally posted by wombat:

***********ESSENCE*************

Summer of 95 @ the Queens armory. It was one of the most rememorable nights of my life. First night rolling ever on these pills called slits. cwm20.gif

oh goodness, those slits were off the fuckin' wall....soooooooooooo goooooooooood....

cwm32.gif

------------------

I REMEBER SEEING A MISSING GIRL FLYER BACK IN THE DAY FOR THIS GIRL THAT WENT TO FANTASIA IN 95 OR 94 AND WAS REPORTED MISSING AFTER. THEY FOUND HER LIKE THREE OR FOUR WEEKS AFTER BUT NAKED IN THE BRONX SHE MUST A HAD REAL BAD TRIP.

------------------

tIzEdDy_RiZuXpIn<~~~~!!!!

Originally posted by teddyruxpin:

I REMEBER SEEING A MISSING GIRL FLYER BACK IN THE DAY FOR THIS GIRL THAT WENT TO FANTASIA IN 95 OR 94 AND WAS REPORTED MISSING AFTER. THEY FOUND HER LIKE THREE OR FOUR WEEKS AFTER BUT NAKED IN THE BRONX SHE MUST A HAD REAL BAD TRIP.

I think that was from Fantasia 2...at Randalls Island in NY....I was there too. That was the best rave I have ever been to! All outdoors.....rolled on e called RN's (Rough Necks). Then, the following year, I went to Fantasia 3 at the Jersey expo center....G-d I miss those nights.....

cwm45.gif

------------------

Sometime back in 95 or 96. The party was called "It's about time". I went with a few friends to unload this massive amount of microdots that we had come across. I wasn't even into the music, just going out that night to make some money. I remember hearing richie hawtin for the first time ever at this party, and wondering...WHOA!!! so this is what this scene is all about! Damn.....AIIGHT!!! and that was that. The party was in rochester ny, in the HUGE club formerly called heaven. I think that the owner/decorator modeled the club after heaven/limelight/paladium in NYC. It was an old vaudville theatre, huge gothic arches, tall ceilings. completely awesome. The dj booth was about 9 to 10 feet off the stage, and then a VIP room above that overlooking everything. Truly an awesome place to party!

God.....i AM getting old! I'm reminiscing!

cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm31.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

www.Hardhaus.com

Originally posted by the_pharmacist:

God.....i AM getting old!

OMG! big ups to da old skewl pawtee kidzzzz! how many times have i seen this line in this thread already? smile.gif um, i tinks i'm wut they call 'new skewl', hehehe. the scene still exists...but not so much in NYC. my first was in massachussettes smile.gif

Originally posted by the_pharmacist:

Sometime back in 95 or 96. The party was called "It's about time". I went with a few friends to unload this massive amount of microdots that we had come across. I wasn't even into the music, just going out that night to make some money. I remember hearing richie hawtin for the first time ever at this party, and wondering...WHOA!!! so this is what this scene is all about! Damn.....AIIGHT!!! and that was that. The party was in rochester ny, in the HUGE club formerly called heaven. I think that the owner/decorator modeled the club after heaven/limelight/paladium in NYC. It was an old vaudville theatre, huge gothic arches, tall ceilings. completely awesome. The dj booth was about 9 to 10 feet off the stage, and then a VIP room above that overlooking everything. Truly an awesome place to party!

God.....i AM getting old! I'm reminiscing!

cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm31.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

microdots.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

cwm17.gif

------------------

Originally posted by egotrip94:

Mine was Fantasia. '94 or '95, not sure... Held in an old armory in Brooklyn. Huge open space. It blew my mind. So kids, where and when you dubbed a "raver"? cwm32.gif

I was there! I think Mike Dearborn from chicago was spinning with some other people from Harthouse records.. Crazy techno party!! The lights were amazing, weren't they? They had 16 golden scans on each side of the armory shining down to the dancefloor. I remember getting out and it was snowing outside!

Oh, by the way, my first rave was Storm Rave 2 in '92 in Staten Island. Anyone go?? The DJ's were Keoki, Lenny Dee, Frankie bones and Repete! During that time I was also going to Scotto's NASA quite often. does anybody remember Mr. Kleen, ON-E, DB, Joeski, soul slinger? Wow, those were great times!!

Since we're on the subject of raves, which rave was your favorite of all time? Mine was Blue in boston in '93. The Primary colors promotion team (Mello mello) threw the best raves.

come on people! 16 replies?? and I replied like 3 times!! Goddamn this board is going downhill soooooo fast! A good topic finally comes along, and you all ignore it! Jeeez!

J/K lol

but come on....raves....experiences....anyone...Bueler...?

------------------

i could probably sit here all night long and talk about all the good parties i went to as long as the music was good and i was with my friends i always had a blast. i miss the days of goign to parties and walkign out at like 10 in the morn dirty as hell with a big smile on my face i posted a while ago that i never called myself a raver but i guess i was a dirty litte raver and i luved every min of it!!!!

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

AOL J303J

Well I started clubbing 'fulltime' in '96, however the first rave I went to was only this year!

It was called Utopia, it was on the Saturday nite, I scored a free ticket from a mate (it was sold out)...I had been partying str8 thru since Thursday nite wink.gif

Sydney Superdome (venue for the Gymnastics and bball finals at the Olympics), brand new, 8000 of my closest friends, it was fairly amazing....I was at the front of the line and when everyone discovered the main areana at the same time and just started running for the stage with their lights and shit it was fuckin awesome!

needless to say when I finally crashed Sunday lunchtime I slept rather well! cwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by vj604:

Alrite..so im young...June 97 at the asbury park convention center i went to a party called epic....nostrum, commander tom, and Jon the Dentist....i was 15.

I remember that party. Asbury park was the best space, you could actually sit if you wanted without having to worry about getting rave sludge all over your ass.

My first party: some party on front street in brooklyn in fall of 95. I think F. Bones was there but I didn't really even understand what was going on. I DO remember that they had a tank, and at least 2 or 3 kids just dropped to the floor after like 6 balloons (5 bucks a pop!). Ah, those were the days.

------------------

The music was our teacher...

The DJ was our preacher...

Now tell me if I reach you.

oouuhh, a great thread, but my first real "rave" experience, when you want to call it that way, was the Love Parade '98, when really all began with this LoVe love.gif to techno!

it was the experience which I'll never never forget in my life and I'm sooo glad about it!

it's not so long ago like your ones, but I'm almost 21 now, so there are nevertheless many other! but however, it has been @ the Tresor Park, Sven Vath (our daddy we call him strahl.gif , Carl COX, Richie Hawtin, and all the best techno Djs which I'm hearing the most here and then when Sven spinned "aacident in paradise" oh my GOD, me and my best friends, all were there, and we only freaked out bounce.gifbounce.gif , so I'll never forget this single moment and these pics!!! It was so absolutely amazing, too awesome and really sooooo goooood, unbelieveable good, and hard to describe, cause it was so good!!

engel.gif

greengirl.gif

why do my smilies not work here?! bounce.gif

well, I forgot to tell, that I'm in the moment in this situation that every week, every friday and saturday (btw.sunday) I'm coming out at like 10 in the morning with a smile (not always) in the face and can't believe why the time runs by so fast, it's so sad in a way, but always too good!!

greengirl.gif

it wasn't too long ago: last year's Countdown 10 (i think?) with Christopher Lawrence. omg, it was amazing! music was incredible, vibe was the absolute best i've ever come across, everything was perfect. and i was with my boy Mikey at the time and he doesn't know it, but it is among my fondest memories with him

iM kinda a newbie to this scene, but my first one was in Vegas for new year's eve 2000 , talk about sick!!! wide open space, the name of the event was called Blackout, and we had to call the day of to find out where the hell it was. met a couple other east-coasters out there, and we had a great time!!! people just started handing me shit, bracelets, glow sticks, etc. asking where i was from, lol. off the meter!!! for a while, they had it posted online, i'm gonna get the web address so you guys can at least see the pics from that party. weird, how it's still kinda "underground" there.

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."