Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*~Who remembers their first rave?~*

The first rave I went to was a little one called Miracle at NAF in Seattle, in march of this year. I have to admit I had the worst time... I went with two friends who were all into the rave scene and took themselves way too seriously, kept ditching me in favor of people who could actually dance. So I was wandering around by myself feeling really lonely for most of the night, not fun! I swore I would never go to another rave, but then I went clubbing on E in NYC and had a fabulous time and reconsidered. ;-) So I just went to my second one last weekend actually! A huge, really commercial event in Seattle called It's Still Like That, which was fun even though our pills turned out to be scary.

------------------

"Nothing makes one more vain than being told one is a sinner."

I have a friend who had an experience just like you....i took her to her first party last week in NY and she came all decked out in her club clothes...wouldnt dance..didnt wear sneakers...everyone knows thats a HUGE mistake...she kept complaining about shit...i danced...didnt dance with anyone but i wasnt gonna stand around her all night long...

the best part is when she decided shed have some acid..for one of her first trips..strange environment..she wasnt comfortable with the venue...tripped anyway..freaked out...

i think thats the last time i take non party kid friends to parties....it wasnt fun for me cuz then i had to babysit her....

oh yeah..its not all about drugs, iwish people would learn that somewhere along the way..its not the pills that make you have a good time (or it shouldnt be at least)

VJ

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

Originally posted by republix:

I was there! I think Mike Dearborn from chicago was spinning with some other people from Harthouse records.. Crazy techno party!! The lights were amazing, weren't they? They had 16 golden scans on each side of the armory shining down to the dancefloor. I remember getting out and it was snowing outside!

Oh, by the way, my first rave was Storm Rave 2 in '92 in Staten Island. Anyone go?? The DJ's were Keoki, Lenny Dee, Frankie bones and Repete! During that time I was also going to Scotto's NASA quite often. does anybody remember Mr. Kleen, ON-E, DB, Joeski, soul slinger? Wow, those were great times!!

Since we're on the subject of raves, which rave was your favorite of all time? Mine was Blue in boston in '93. The Primary colors promotion team (Mello mello) threw the best raves.

yes it was snowing...good memory!

my top 3 favorite raves were:

3- Energy 5 (in Jersey) goddamn what a phat rave...

2- Fantasia 2 in Randalls Island. If you were there, you know why....

and # 1 was a rave called "Infinity" in Boston. It was a HUGE open area (110,000+ sq. ft). Went with like 10 kids... Bigger then expo center in jersey. It snowed ALL NIGHT! When we finally left (around 8 am), we almost crashed the car because of the snow....slid right off the road and missed my friends car by inches!!

Ahh the good old days....

cwm36.gif

------------------

"Come closer to the speakers so I can see the light in your eyes..."

"When the sun comes up, I have morals again...."

my first party was in 92 one of the storm raves in the train yard thats when parties where phat. best party is a tossup bewtween pscychadelic soultuion in 95 it was in a warehouse on review street in queenz. adam x had the best set i have ever heard that night shit just blew my mind away. and the other party is the first april foolz at the bk armory. it was like 12 hours of just nonstop hardkore madness. ahh forgot abvout one sonic boom at the bk armory i rememebr listenign to bones spin his set then in the middle of it he had a suprise guest and out came jam master jay from run dmc totally didnt expect that to happen and adam x had another phat set that night.. and yes i feel damn old also!!!!

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

AOL J303J

First real party I went to was Alan Sanctuary's X-Mass Warehouse Party in Hobeken. It was an amazing experience. It was at the Lipton Tea warehouse and they loaded you into a freight elevator with 19 other people at a time and brought you up to the top floor. Two room of new sounds and experiences, changed my reality. Was already going to NASA, Caffeine and Disco 2000, but this was soooo different.

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

no doubt, i give mad respect to the old skool ravers! how i envy you guys for being able to experience the beginning of a great era.. cwm11.gif my ass was in junior high school when the great parties were going on! wink.gif

ok, so i am a young one and new skool raver!

i hit up some parties at limelight/tunnel for the first time in '96 at 16, but i didn't experience my "first rave" until August '99 (ie, raving + dropping). it was a cheesy rave in The Wave at Staten Island, "Poison" by Insane Asylum. but damn you ravers, it was love at first sight!

cwm38.gif

and the last rave i went to was big luv by caffeine in LI! cwm32.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

my first "rave" if you wanna call it that was candycane in pennsylvania...it wasn't too great alot of space but it was held at an amusement complex with like go carts n shit like that with only local djs. it was an expierence but i wouldn't really go to one like that again...met alot of cool people though..that was probably the best part. music was average smile.gif